Does anyone's other half understand??

Cai

has a thin girl inside!
My husband is the nicest person in the world! :love:
He loves me for being me...He doesn't care about my weight, he has never commented on it (even in an argument) and always tell me how lovely i look (even when i know my clothes are pants!)
:heartpump::lilkiss::heartpump:
I am lucky to have him...however...he doesn't understand why I am on a diet. He doesn't understand it is to please ME and not him! He says he wants me to be happy and he will do anything to help but then pulls faces at my meals and sighs when i wont have a take away with him :sigh:
It has got to the point now where we eat completely different meals 50% of the time. and I don't know what to do :confused: He prefers the way we were, eating Junk foods and sitting watching TV etc. He doesn't understand that if i act like that i will continue to get bigger. He ahs never had a weight issue and if he 'watches what he eats' for a week he has lost all he needs to!

He also doesn't understand why i like this site so much! He thinks i am spending too much time on it (maybe I am but it is still new) and he thinks that it is weird that I want to read about food! :rotflmao:

Is this just us? or are there more people out there? How do we get past this??

My husband is the nicest person in the world! :love:
He loves me for being me...He doesn't care about my weight, he has never commented on it (even in an argument) and always tell me how lovely i look (even when i know my clothes are pants!)
:heartpump::lilkiss::heartpump:
I am lucky to have him...however...he doesn't understand why I am on a diet. He doesn't understand it is to please ME and not him! He says he wants me to be happy and he will do anything to help but then pulls faces at my meals and sighs when i wont have a take away with him :sigh:
It has got to the point now where we eat completely different meals 50% of the time. and I don't know what to do :confused: He prefers the way we were, eating Junk foods and sitting watching TV etc. He doesn't understand that if i act like that i will continue to get bigger. He ahs never had a weight issue and if he 'watches what he eats' for a week he has lost all he needs to!

He also doesn't understand why i like this site so much! He thinks i am spending too much time on it (maybe I am but it is still new) and he thinks that it is weird that I want to read about food! :rotflmao:

Is this just us? or are there more people out there? How do we get past this??

Well, phew what a big question !!

My lovely Paul is just the same as your husband is as much as he loves me totally unconditionally as I do him.

BUT , he does understand it is for me and he loves me being on here. It gives him some peace and quiet from my constant twittering:rotflmao:.All things in life have a positive.

We have never eaten take aways mainly because there are not many to buy here in our sleepy village. Not even a fish and chip shop !!!

Can you introduce OH to SW friendly things that resemble fast foods..........I am thinking of SW southern fried chicken etc. There are so many recipes on here that should keep him happy.

We eat differently several nights a week too but do share SW meals about 4 nights a week. Easy if I do red. Green does not thrill him unless it is the SW egg and chips with baked beans or a pasta dish but we manage.

Do you know Cai, that today at work when we saw friends we have not seen for over a year and they were amazed at my weight loss and were just so complimentary that when Paul saw how happy that made me feel he had that all important light bulb moment.

You stick with it cos if your happy so is he.

hug xxxx

i dont know to be honest, i make all the food and we do eat different meals now but we do that a lot as i cant eat spicy food and hubby likes food hot enough to make him cry lol.

surely the important thing is eating TOGETHER, not what you're eating??

you can make sw "junk" food, burgers, kebabs, pizza (using chicken breast as a base instead of dough), cakes, roulade, choc pudding, rice pudding, cheesecake, ice cream etc.

My fella is one who has never had to worry about his weight, and eats whatever he wants, and i mean whatever he wants! He has never said anything about my weight, but he knows im happier when im thinner fitter and healthier. It doesnt help that my oh doesnt like fruit and veg at all. Generally i will either make similar meals for both of us - like meat and spuds, but ill have veg and he will have baked beans, but we do also have different meals, which i dont mind. It helps i work funny hours so we would probably still do that anyway if i wasnt on sw. But i do also find sw makes it easier to eat the same as my fella too as it is normal tasty food.

How about telling him that youre not worried so much about your weight, as you are about the health of both of you. Eating take aways all the time cant be healthy for him regardless of how it effects his weight. Ask him what sort of things he wants to eat, then make sw versions of them to impress him with. Also feel free to enjoy in takeaways with him within your syns. Also try exercising together like going for romantic walks.

It may well be that he is afraid that the changes your making means he has to change too, plus he does probably genuinely think you look fab as you are. Keep at it and as soon as it becomes 'normal' it will be easier and he will come round xx

Thanks to you all! Your have restored my faith in our marriage and now realise that we are not the only ones like this!
ha ha ha
We do ok i guess for eating, if eat at the same times and if for some reason we do not, we sit with the other while they eat! Which is nice!
Re the take away issue. I am assuming my DH is OK with it now 7 months on, i think he just assumed i would have given up by now. The prob is his favourite take away is Pizza and the one time i had 1 slice i gained 1 pound! :-( not good!
I do enjoy curry and chinese and so now we just get different take away at the same time ha ha ha weird to some i know but works for us. He knows how much happier i am now and is happy for me! Especially when one of his friends told him i was looking good! He had a smile as big as Mine!

It's just nice to know that it is not just us who have these eating 'issues' - if that's what they even are!!!

Thanks a lot!!! xx

I think the only reason my OH eats SW food is because its either that or starve. Even so if i do a green day and have egg & chips i have to cook him a gammon steak to have with his.

Even though he needed to loose weight himself i think he's a bit worried about me loosing loads - keeps saying he can't imagine what i'll look like when i'm 10.5 st. Keep telling him he won't have to imagine it soon. But he has wisely refrained from comments other than this.

If your oh likes pizza why not get it from the kebab house and order yourself a chicken kebab with lots of fresh salad??

My oh and I love takeaways and are very very bad when left to our own devices so now that were on Sw we have a 'treat' night every week which is usually on a wi night and have whatever takeaway we fancy....usually pizza!! Helps to keep us on track for the rest of the week!

chowmein is the least synful takeaway according to our C. about 6.5syns? You can bulk it up with boiled rice too which makes you fuller but doesnt add syns. or have an italian night with lots of pasta and have your syns in a bottle of red to go with it :)

My oh is brilliant too as are my children and they will normally eat different meals than me but I don't get moaned at and,they eat the soups and chillies and puds I make (oh and my yogs!!) I just think we are all lucky ladies to have such great support.:)

Back