Does Body Magic affect weight loss?

don't want to worry about the other people... MP3 player full of your best tunes!

Get it on and focus on the music and how good you feel during your work out

I know for me I can really get lost in music (not always good I did once start headbanging in town before realising i was doing it)

I am sure once you get going and feeling great you wont wanna stop!

Plus if they wanna give you disaproving looks well screw them! you might be bigger then them... BUT you are doing something about it and imo a bigger person in the gym gets my respect because its one thing to maintain a slimmer physic but it is alot more for someone to take those steps

Mini_Mog said:
It's probably just water retention so don't worry. Your muscles hold on to water when you first begin exercising. Try & make sure you keep really well hydrated when exercising & after.

I weighed myself at the gym yesterday on the body fat scales and I've gained a couple if pounds, but since I last checked it 2 weeks ago I've lost over a kilo in body fat, and my % body fat has gone down by 1.5% :) so I'm happy. And remember inches = dress size size reduction ;)

Thank you, I know lots of people who usage gained for a few weeks after starting exercising so I won't let it put me off. Good idea about the body fat too... Will try that x thank you

Bady fat measurements are a great idea, my scales do that... thought I don't know how to work them!
Well i'm coming to the end of week 2, WI tomorrow. I feel fantastic though I don't feel much has changed this week weight wise or measurements. I've been on plan, with the exception of a meal out on monday, Guess I will find out tomorrow.

Another question, can you exercise too much?

Sara xx

I think you can in the sense that you have to give your body sometime to recover and your muscles to repair.

WooHoo!!! I am delighted! I've lost 12 inches all over! I have lost 2lbs this week, and would have loved more but i'm so happy about the inch loss that I don't care now!

Spoke to the gym today and they are going to re-jig my exercise plan so I can get more from my sessions. Only problem is that I start a whole week of nights today and wont be able to get there all week :( I always aim to walk the dog when I get home and never do as i'm so tired but I think with my holiday just 3 weeks away i'm going to have to force myself... might even break into a jog....

body magic helps

exercise WILL help, yes its true that building muscle can make it seem that weight loss is not as quick when you first start due to water retention in your muscles etc

Ask yourself do you want to be slim and flabby or slim and toned

60-70% of weight loss is your diet, so you can lose weight without exercising - but if you can find an exercise you enjoy do it

Every calorie burned through exercise will help your weight loss

btw - my exercise is kettebells - I absolutley love them, they have shaped my figure - i look slimmer than what i am :)

I agree with the water retention on the muscles. I started zumba where I drink at least a litre of water while doing it and more when I get home and continued losing weight. When I started the c25k programme (dont drink till I got back and then not enough) my weight loss slowed right down. Haven't had time for running in the last few weeks but have been to zumba and have lost 5 lb in 3 weeks.

Love zumba and running and def saw an improvement in shape with running. When I start running again I'll drink lots this time and see how it goes but I won't mind too much if my losses slow.

Well done everyone on the lbs and inches gone...

I lost 1.5lbs this week -which I possibly could have lost without going to the gym at all BUT I feel amazing for all the exercise...
Yesterday I tried on 3 pairs of new jeans with no stretch from my wardrobe -that previously I couldn't get past my rather large calves -well they not only pull up and fasten but they are now a little loose on the waist and on the legs :eek: - they still cling across my fatta poadge (belly) but I can't believe how much I have lost off my legs n bum :bliss: -Im putting it down to badminton... I have only been playing about 4 weeks but Im addicted -if you have access to a court and a willing partner I really recommend giving it a go -Its not like exercise at all, the time flies but heck you don't half work up a sweat and at my weight it reckons I will burn about 410 cals in 1 hour ;)

This week my exercise plan is:-
sun -rest day
Mon -gym and walk home
Tue -gym + 1.5hrs badminton minimum
Wed -gym + walk home
Thu - rest day
Fri -Gym, walk home + 1.5hrs badminton
Sat 1.5hr badminton

On the water issue -I always drink loads at home anyway -but i drink at least 1.5lt when Im in the gym or playing badminton -I don't think I could function without it..

Keep at it everyone and hope everyone has a lovely day!!

Just a note to add, exercise tones up your body and gives a better shape and the higher muscle mass you get uses more calories and speeds up your metabolism.

Hi guys, just wanted to update you on my body magic journey, so I put on 1.5lb last week and 1lb this week. My SW eating has not changed but the amount of body magic has. I was doing 3 spin classes a week but started 30 shred 3 days ago and doing that (so far) everyday with an interval training session on the spin bike 3 times a week.

Was very disheartened with the gain but I am going to continue with my exercise routine. When I got home after WI all I wanted to do was sit, eat and sulk but I grudginly dressed into my workout stuff and completed my shred. Afterwards I felt fantastic and all thoughts of eating bad were banished.

So anyway I have been googling (?)weight and inches loss and they all say that losing inches will cause you to maintain or even gain pounds but in the long run you will be healthier, fitter with a smaller body fat index and at the moment that is what I am aiming for.

Loving the extra energy and the fact that everything is getting tighter.

:bliss::character00115:

Ok, so 1lb ON!!
Was really disappointed but it is star week and I although I've been good, I didn't actually count syns so can't say i've been 100%. Measurements wise, another 1/2 inch off my waist and 1.5 ON my boobs lol!
Having said that, my clothes actually feel loose this weekend! I've started a food diary to make sure i'm not forgetting things.
2 weeks to my hols and still a dress size to go... eeek!

Got my silver body magic this week:) I'm now chasing gold:)

I love body magic. Up early tomorrow to get to the gym.

Just done my kettlebell training :)

I know everyone is different but surely, the inch loss exercising gives you is better than losing a few more lbs but being flabby and unfit?! I know its an extreme to say this but I'd rather weigh 100st and be a size 12 then weigh 13st and be a size 20....does it make sense? x

Hi Livvie
Totally agree
I am tiny, but scales suggest I could lose another stone - I would disappear lol
I do kettle bells, there are some of us doing bells on the fitness forum, come say hi and share tips

Kron my dear, I can't find it for looking but am very very interested :( lol sorry for being dippy. x

Hi Livi
On the front page of minimims if you scroll down (far down) you will find the fitness and exercise forum. In there I have a thread titled 'secret to shaping up' Hopefully the following link will take you there, there are a few of us on there swinging the bells :)
Fitness and Exercise - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum
This link will provide a bit of an overview of kettlebells,
We Iron Out the Facts on Kettlebell Training
There is loads of info on kettlebells so if you want to research further just ask google

i am glad i found this thread as i want advice from you all

i walk quite a bit - as i feel i can do that without being stared at by skinnies - - i would REALLY love to start a zumba class or even go back to latin american dancing - but i feel that doing something like that would make teh slim people there look at me and think 'who does she think shes kidding?'

i spend half my life in hotels and get free access to their gyms - id say on average four or five days a week but cant even bring myself to go in there and use a treadmill as i feel people would be looking at me critically =- especially younger fitter thinner colleagues

how the heck do i get myself past this? i know the only person losing out cause of this hang up is me - but i just cant get over the hurdle of going to that first class

any suggestions?help ?anyone else feel or felt the same?

Honestly, the only people who would ever be staring are the people who feel as uncomfortable about being there as you do, everyone else is so focused on what they are doing a giant pink elephant could stroll into the room and I doubt they would notice :p I kind of noticed that I was the only person looking around all the time when we used the hotel pool/sauna or when I take the kids swimming. I used to be convinced they would all be looking at the huge whale in the swimming costume (me) but they were all too busy to be bothered.Maybe adding your choice of music will help you be so focused you won't notice who else is in the room with you. Hugs Crystal xx

Back