Does calorie counting work??

personally I keep expecting the magic to end. I've lost as much in the last 6/7 weeks as I did in the previous 10 months or so!
As mentioned, it's amazing that some 'heathly', 'diet' foods are SO high in calories, yet unsatisfying. One of my regular dinners since starting cc is a whole 8" pizza, with massive salad! Leaves me stuffed for hours, no temptation to snack and is well within my cals for the day! Whoda thunk it?!

EDIT - Seven, nearly eight weeks, sorry, and 11lbs down :)

Same here :D Check out this simple pizza recipe, takes 2 minutes to make and tastes better than dominos for only 300 calories :D
http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting-recipes/219511-yummy-300-calorie-pizza.html
It's really healthy too - not a 'bad food' at all.

Lots of these low calorie ready meals in shops ARE low calorie, but they're packed with additives, so it might only be 400 calories for a meal but the nasty additives leave you feeling bleh and hungry a few hours later. And the magic won't end if you stick to plan, I promise. I've lost 67 pounds in 7 months and it hasn't ended once for me, it's worked continuously :) Ahh I love CC'ing :D

"And the magic won't end if you stick to plan, I promise. I've lost 67 pounds in 7 months and it hasn't ended once for me, it's worked continuously :)"

That is absolutely AMAZING! I KNOW I'll have no trouble sticking to plan - I followed SW 101% for over three years, and kind of like having a 'guideline' to follow each day - plus I have starting hill climbing and stuff, and can't believe how much I "have" to eat back on active days! lol Right, I'm holding you to this promise now! ;P

"And the magic won't end if you stick to plan, I promise. I've lost 67 pounds in 7 months and it hasn't ended once for me, it's worked continuously :)"

That is absolutely AMAZING! I KNOW I'll have no trouble sticking to plan - I followed SW 101% for over three years, and kind of like having a 'guideline' to follow each day - plus I have starting hill climbing and stuff, and can't believe how much I "have" to eat back on active days! lol Right, I'm holding you to this promise now! ;P

You can indeed hold me to that promise :D If you've got determination, which you obviously do have to stick to SW for 3 years, then you will be sorted. I don't see a diary from you - you should create one :D

I'm keeping a diary on MFP as I can update from my phone. I've got the same username if you want to look? x

I don't use MFP, but I've got an account just to check the cals of some foods with no values or when I'm eating out. I'll have a look and let you know! x

Back