does everyone binge after weigh in????

when I used to go to group yrs ago always used to get a take away or fish&chips as a treat would nt say binged though ,but used to feel guilty afterwards then get back on plan day after

last time i did sw every wi day (i weighted in morning) i would eat anything i wanted and more i was terriable but i kept losing so i carried on bad i know.
this time i don't have a blow out but i don't really count on wi day either i usually have a takeaway at night and some choccy but my wi is sat so its more a weekend thing than a just cause its wi day. but i am trying to be good and just have a low syn t/a

I know someone who goes to the SW class who goes to the chippy religiously after WI, whether she loses or gains, and she rarely loses but is always gobsmacked by this because she says she's stuck to the plan!! Hmmm, alarm bells don't seem to go off in her head!! I relax a little and treat myself to something small, but only if I can afford it in my syns! For example I had a treatsize packet of Mini eggs after WI this evening and at 7 1/2 syns this seems quite extravagent but I had only had 6 syns today and 47 syns over the whole week so whyever not!!!X

Me and mum normally have a big bowl of slimming world chips waiting for us after weigh in on tuesdays so am normally too full of them for any treats!! But if i bake cupcakes at the weekend i dont normally have one of those til after the weigh in on tuesday so thats a nice little insentive :)

I don't binge, but I usually have a treat such as a creme egg. I don't use all my syns during the week, so I'm still within my syn allowance.

I don't.

As Rosie suggested, I have tried to move away from the whole 'using food as a treat or reward' type thing. If I've done well, why should I sabotage my potential losses for next week by eating an un-synned take away or something like that?!

Having said that, I do sometimes have a less syn-friendly meal (home cooked so I know what's in it!) and not worry...usually because I've got syns 'left' from the week and I see it as using them up! LOL!
Before I gave up the booze, sharing a bottle of wine was my method of choice.

Some people's bodies react well to one day a week of less-healthy eating. I am not up on the science of it all, but something to do with the body being surprised and it realising it's not being deprived of fuel after all so starts shifting the weight more easily. Same principles that see some people lose better on 'bad' weeks or after using all their syns instead of 60 0r 70. Bodies. Weird things.

Each to their own though, of course, and if you're losing every week and still enjoying your post-WI indulgences, carry on! :)

I have whatever I fancy after weigh in each week BUT I do count the syns & for the rest of the week my syns normally do not get beyond 5 a day at the absolute maximum.

I know someone who goes to the SW class who goes to the chippy religiously after WI, whether she loses or gains, and she rarely loses but is always gobsmacked by this because she says she's stuck to the plan!! Hmmm, alarm bells don't seem to go off in her head!! I relax a little and treat myself to something small, but only if I can afford it in my syns! For example I had a treatsize packet of Mini eggs after WI this evening and at 7 1/2 syns this seems quite extravagent but I had only had 6 syns today and 47 syns over the whole week so whyever not!!!X

LOL - Those people do make me laugh, we get them at our group too, they just cannot see what they are doing can they?

there are a few at my group too, one min they laugh about how 'naughty' they are, and the next they are frustrated that they are not losing weight.

if I track and count everything, and stay on track, I have good losses, if I guestimate and think 'its ok I haven't had much' I either sts or gain. there has to be something in that!

this week I have not tracked, not gone mad either really but not lost any weight either, there is something I am having extra when i dont track - otherwise I would lose like I do when I do track.

simples ;)

if anything - the wi makes me more motivated to stick to the plan, not more likely to overeat.

i have a treat after weigh in that is not synned - such as some Doritos and dip, or a pizza shared with my OH.

We used to have 3-5 takeaways a week, and its not fair for me to take this away from him completely, so i compromise that after WI we have a treat of some sorts.

I understand this will effect my WL in some respect, but until i start gaining EVERY week, im not concerned.

I understand the flipside of the coin, and can see why people think this is wrong - but IMO its okay as there will be times in my life when i cant be 100% on plan with SW - well, unless i stay in for the rest of my life and home cook everything......which with my social calendar is NOT gonna happen!

ps - i dont call this 'binging' - IMO to 'binge' is what I USED to do....and this is worrying behaviour (bag of donuts, nuts, chips, takeaways,chocolate, crisps, all washed down with wine etc)

I would refer what i do after WI as 'treat night' and is one or 2 naughty things that are non synned.

Just to clarify!!!! x

ps - i dont call this 'binging' - IMO to 'binge' is what I USED to do....and this is worrying behaviour (bag of donuts, nuts, chips, takeaways,chocolate, crisps, all washed down with wine etc)

I would refer what i do after WI as 'treat night' and is one or 2 naughty things that are non synned.

Just to clarify!!!! x

hear, hear! x

I will have what I want for tea after weigh in, this might be pizza and chips with O/H or a takeaway. I have lost weight every week since I started in November.

I dont use food as a treat, I just use this time of the week to have what food I like most. Even our consultant thinks if you crave white bread in the week, have it after weigh in, then get right back on plan.

Slimming world isnt really a diet, there is no rule to say "dont eat this, and dont eat that" Its about choosing the right food and having syns as treats. So what if you flexi sin for one night of the week!!!! :)

I was guilty as charged, when I first joined SW in October last year I would use my Wednesday evenings as 'eat anything I like' night. More often than not I would come home from group at about 7.30pm starving as I hadnt had dinner yet and because I had nothing ready I would first have a peanut butter sandwich, then a chocolate bar, then a bag of crisps and it went on and on, I would also have a main meal which could have been anything! Shocking, I know.

While doing that I managed good losses every week for a quite a while but after having lost a good proportion of my overall target weight loss I found that the losses werent as big every week so yes, ive looked at what I could do and ive certainly cut back on my post-wi scoff. Now I try to have dinner cooking before I go out to WI so that when I get in I have something ready for me and then I will try a HI-Fi bar out of my HEb's and IF im still craving something naughty I will have something like a choc-ice (7 syns).

Im not going to lie, i binge.

I eat everything and anything in sight, because i panic that i cant eat somthing without 'caring' for a whole other week.. and it keeps me sane, i appreciate we have our syns to use in the week, but its the unlimited freedom i feel.. because i know im still in control because i snap back and get 100% back on track the day after, but what i do i would class as a binge yes.

typical night

faijitas, (crispy old el paso ones) possible 5 to myself.. sour cream. . chocolate cheesecake slice with extra thick double cream..

loads of buiscuits, whatever cereal iv been craving.. several bars of chcolate.. possible more.

i pull it back when i need to, say if iv had a massive gain etc.. but although my losses COULD be bigger, when i put my heart and soul into it, i can loose a few lbs with enough effort, even with my binge.

i like to binge, sorry but its true! but i also very much enjoy getting back on track the next day, with taste buds that are dying for fresh fruit and veg! LOL x

Most weeks I use WI night as "treat" night. A few of us go running straight after the class is finished and it's nice to have a little 'reward' when I get home. Tonight I've had quorn chicken burger with chips (fried, not SW) and a bar of chocolate.

FernXx;2353547 i like to binge said:
Whilst I don't think I could do the bingeing you're referring to, a)because I'd be worried I'd slip back into my old ways and b)I'd be on edge all week that it's going to cause a gain the following week, I DO think that what you're talking about is the approach we should adopt!! Enjoying a good ol' blowout, then having the ability to pull it back, and enjoying lovely healthy stuff the majority of the time! I think this balance is what we're all striving for, and I think you must have got the knack of it because look at your wonderful achievement! Keep it up!XXX

Back