Does exercise change your weight loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estrella

My first week I barely exercised at all except walking 15 mins to and from my car at work. I lost 2.5lb but this week I have been doing circuit training. High impact running with weights etc and I've weighed myself today (day before wi) and I've only lost 1 measly lb!!! :( and that's first thing. My wi is at 5pm :( have any of u had a problem??

When you first start exercising you can retain water which can cause a gain or slow your losses down. While your active you need to make sure your drinking more water then you would on a day when your not active.

Although exercise can slow losses down don't let it put you off as it should be temporary and also you'll find you loose far more inches when exercising so even if the lbs are coming off slower the change in your body is more noticeable

If you are new to exercise or do something different, it might have an inpact for a couple of weeks, but should balance out over time.

There is also the danger that exercising more can lead to people being a bit more complacent, eating more in general or letting little things creep in cos they think the exercise will balance it out.

But all in all, if sticking to plan, in the long run it shouldn't cause too much of a problem.

Exercising has made a difference to my weight loss

I had been steadily losing most weeks but am now on week 7 of my gold body magic and for the last 7 weeks had "only" lost 8lbs - 3.1/2 lbs of this was last week as I didn't do as much that week as normally. Although the scales aren't being as kind, my clothes are looser and my body does look a little more toned

Will just keep going and hopefully the weight loss will catch back up!

I'm not sure how exercise has affected my loss on the scales but I've certainly lost inches and body shape has changed.

At one point I was going to the gym setting out to burn x amount of calories so I would just go for that on the highest level and stop when I got there but recently I've dropped my levels and am focusing on heart rate to keep it in the fat burning levels and I lost more weight in two weeks doing that to the whole month before.

I think it's just finding what works for you x

In the past, gentle increases in everyday activities suited me better for weight loss. Many small movements in the day seemed to cause very little upset but the minute I break a big sweat, the weight stalls. Maybe we gave a " save the flag for the impending marathon" switch in our metabolisms....

In the past, gentle increases in everyday activities suited me better for weight loss. Many small movements in the day seemed to cause very little upset but the minute I break a big sweat, the weight stalls. Maybe we gave a " save the flag for the impending marathon" switch in our metabolisms....

These are all really old "zombie" threads so these people are unlikely to be around to read your responses. Try posting a new thread and get some conversations going :)

Too funny Sam - I nearly posted something similar yesterday about "zombie threads" or missing members. Scrolling through random threads and see folks only on site for a month or two (minimal losses logged too) makes me growl. It's like I get invested in seeing how things turn out but never find out as they have deserted forum or thread :mad::mad::mad:

I was genuinely trying to help as often people search for a thread but don't realise that the OP asked the question 1/2/3 or more years ago. Problem with slimming world is that in the mean time the plan and the guidance has changed so the posts are not always relevant any more. Then it gets cluttered with old posts rather than starting anew or looking more recently.

@Pierce is there anyway to archive posts? I have found some that are ten years old. Much like the recipes it would declutter this section in particular

Who is moderation for this part of the forum. We could let them know? All sounds positive though

Even some of the stickies fall into the category of being more than one year.

Last edited:
I think that's a really good way of doing it. Just because a thread is old it may still bear contribution or be instructive, much like your copywrite one @Pierce.

I went through the stickies today and @Mini has removed several which has really refreshed it. I think For new users to have a load of stickies in particular that are over a year told makes the place look unnecessarily stagnant and we have been working hard to make the opposite true!

So should we continue to report any that are out of date or that are revived incorrectly?

Thanks @Pierce I am pleased I can do something to help because I get a lot from minis and think that with a bit of tweaking we could make it look all shiny and attractive to any new blood. The more the merrier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back