• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

does frozen fruit taste same as fresh

WelshCake

Silver Member
S: 21st2lb C: 14st9lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 6st7lb(30.74%)
No is the simple answer, I use it in emergencies as I like fruit in my porridge usually use half punnet raspberries but if I cant get them or run out I use the frozen, I dont like to eat the fruit on its own, its fine in a jelly etc but its pretty mushy when defrosted

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
S: 14st7lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st12lb BMI: 22.4 Loss: 3st9lb(25.12%)
I don't like to eat them on their own, but it's fine for me in yogurt or porridge. I buy fresh fruit for snacks but also buy frozen for breakfasts.

S: 9st11.5lb C: 8st12lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 0st13.5lb(9.82%)
Fresh fruit is definelty nicer than frozen. I sometimes buy the frozen summer berries but they are abit mushy when defrosted. x

I agree frozen is fine if you are putting it in something but goes dead mushy when defrosted so not really very nice to eat on it's own

Shrimpy

Gold Member
S: 13st6lb C: 8st12lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 4st8lb(34.04%)
It does go dead mushy, it's fine if it's raspberries & blackberries, in my opinion. I defrost them and use on top of my cinnamon french toast (all the mush and juice comes out and tastes like a coulis), I also have it with plain yog and that flavours the yog nicely (with a wee teaspoon of sweetner. I really rather like frozen berries, but not for munching, unless frozen!

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
S: 16st7lb C: 15st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 0st10lb(4.33%)
I put frozen fruit (raspberries, blackberries, cherries and blueberries) into my tupperware just before I leave for work at 8ish and then at midday when I have lunch (after they've been in the fridge at work), they're still firm but defrosted! I really don't like frozen strawberries though - they go very mushy! Agree with the others - great on porridge, in yogurts or on a meringue nest with a dollop of 0% yogurt xxx

Devon_Dumpling said:
I put frozen fruit (raspberries, blackberries, cherries and blueberries) into my tupperware just before I leave for work at 8ish and then at midday when I have lunch (after they've been in the fridge at work), they're still firm but defrosted! I really don't like frozen strawberries though - they go very mushy! Agree with the others - great on porridge, in yogurts or on a meringue nest with a dollop of 0% yogurt xxx

Thats what i was thnking taking it in ny tubberware. I have took some out tiday to try, its all diff summer berries. Will soon no whether ilike it or not hehe.

mojomcl

Silver Member
S: 20st5lb C: 20st5lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 53.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I use loads of frozen fruit and berries, but I eat them frozen. I love all the different textures, and they take ages to eat, so I'm left feeling rally sated after a bowl. I love my frozen fruit salads with a wee dollop of free yogurt :)

Sleepy59

S: 14st6.5lb G: 11st0lb
I take some frozen raspberries in a tub with plain yogurt in the morning and by lunchtime I have a lovely syn free pudding.