does frozen fruit taste same as fresh

beccaharrison89

Gold Member
I am forever buying freshfruit so when i did my tesco shop online i hot 3 big tubs of frozen fruit,strawberrie etc and it says 2 and half hours to defrost soi thought that would be handy to take to work for lunch that way would of defrosted by then

I don't like to eat them on their own, but it's fine for me in yogurt or porridge. I buy fresh fruit for snacks but also buy frozen for breakfasts.

I agree frozen is fine if you are putting it in something but goes dead mushy when defrosted so not really very nice to eat on it's own

It does go dead mushy, it's fine if it's raspberries & blackberries, in my opinion. I defrost them and use on top of my cinnamon french toast (all the mush and juice comes out and tastes like a coulis), I also have it with plain yog and that flavours the yog nicely (with a wee teaspoon of sweetner. I really rather like frozen berries, but not for munching, unless frozen!

I put frozen fruit (raspberries, blackberries, cherries and blueberries) into my tupperware just before I leave for work at 8ish and then at midday when I have lunch (after they've been in the fridge at work), they're still firm but defrosted! I really don't like frozen strawberries though - they go very mushy! Agree with the others - great on porridge, in yogurts or on a meringue nest with a dollop of 0% yogurt xxx

Devon_Dumpling said:
I put frozen fruit (raspberries, blackberries, cherries and blueberries) into my tupperware just before I leave for work at 8ish and then at midday when I have lunch (after they've been in the fridge at work), they're still firm but defrosted! I really don't like frozen strawberries though - they go very mushy! Agree with the others - great on porridge, in yogurts or on a meringue nest with a dollop of 0% yogurt xxx

Thats what i was thnking taking it in ny tubberware. I have took some out tiday to try, its all diff summer berries. Will soon no whether ilike it or not hehe.

I use loads of frozen fruit and berries, but I eat them frozen. I love all the different textures, and they take ages to eat, so I'm left feeling rally sated after a bowl. I love my frozen fruit salads with a wee dollop of free yogurt :)

I take some frozen raspberries in a tub with plain yogurt in the morning and by lunchtime I have a lovely syn free pudding.

Back