Does how much water you drink REALLY make a difference?

Style-Queen

I really struggle with drinking the water. I could never seem to get past drinking 1.5-2 litres a day, but now I am drinking a minimum of 3 litres a day.
I have not noticed the weight coming off any quicker though?
Does the amount of water drunk really make a difference to weight loss on sole source?

Hi hun....Alot of the forums to do with vlcd say the more you drink the more you shrink but to be fair don't think this is true just makes you pee more :p lol.

Cd say you need to drink 2.25 litres a day any thing over that is a bonus:D

hi i have just started CD today and was worried about being able to drink the water but i found it okay. rather than thinking about 2-3 litres i just took it a glass at a time from a chilled 2 litre bottle in the fridge. i finished that at about 5pm so will prob be about 2 and half to 3 litres today. hope this helps xx

I don't go with the more you drink the more you shrink mantra - but some folks would swear by it. Personally, I found as long as you drink the minimum recommended that is good enough. Last time round I often didn't even hit that, but still had a good weightloss (averaging 1 stone per month).

Drinking water is generally very good for you anyway - so it's a good habit to get into for all sorts of reasons - but, within reason.

I've just been drinking 2 litres each day. I can't drink any more than that.

I used to subscribe to the 'more you drink, the more you shrink' mantra but I'm convinced all that did was make me retain water, plus it was wreaking havoc with my life - I wouldn't go out in case I didn't hit my water intake for that day :rolleyes:. I used to drink between 4 and 5 litres a day religiously sometimes 6 at weekends but now it's usually between 3 and 4 and it hasn't affected my losses at all.

I'm not sure I believe it makes a difference either to be honest. It's obviously different for everyone, but if I stick to the minimum I get headaches, which suggests I am dehydrated. So I'm trying to drink around 4 litres per day, but as long as I have at least 3 litres I know I'm safe. That's my reason for drinking more anyway. :)

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I feel better now about dropping my water intake a bit. I feel liek I'm constantly needing the loo-as was proven tonight at the cinema when I had to dash out twice! It can be a right pain trying to get all the water down when you're going out of an evening.
Gonna stick with between 2-3 litres max from now on.

The more you drink you'll feel less effects from being in ketosis but that amount varies it seems! If I drink less than 4 litres a day I wake up the next morning feeling grotville!

Back