Does it work?

SW is the best diet plan I have ever followed, as I love cooking, and have tried at least 2-3 new recipes every week for the last 9 weeks. So far I have managed to lose 2.5 stone by eating roast dinners, cooked breakfasts, curry, chips, SW pizza and homemade SW chocolate brownie cake!

If you enjoy food and like cooking, this is definately the diet for you!

As has already been said ;IT WORKS if you follow the plans.Personally EE works best for me.My consultant is so supportive and inspires me no end.Good luck.

Good, so you can get your money back yes? So the theory about 'trying to keep you fat and get your money' doesn't hold true, as that's what I was offended by.

I absolutely agree, but she won't get her money back as she DID lose weight. Personally I was really angry at what Fallen Angel wrote about SW.
I checked a previous post and she is sending mixed messages

Hey all
Some of you will know me and some wont. I am doing Slimming World and have lost 61lbs from that and dieting before SW. But the past 4-6 I have stuck to plan 100% and I gained 5lbs then STS then lost 1lb, which is really annoying me.

One bleep of five pounds, which can happen, is not as quoted gaining 5 pounds a week!

"I have a negative comment about SW, i was on it until last week since may. I was sticking to plan 100% and was gaining 5lbs a week."

To accuse SW of wanting to keep people fat is the biggest load of
dieting hogwash that I have ever read.
I think that Fallen Angel is obsessed with calorie counting. That is entirely up to her, and obviously SW but does not work for everyone. It does not give her the right to make sweeping generalisations about SW when the plan works for most. Looking at the weight loss on this forum alone shows it works.
I think that Fallen Angel also has an axe to grind with her Consultant, and if what she has said about the Consultant making threats to her on Facebook are true, as well as her insulting this site and all the other comments she supposedly made (other threads) she should report the consultant to SW, and not blame SW as a whole.
I really love SW and encourage people to follow the plan so I really am very angry about
the post made by Fallen Angel, which could discourage people people from joining.
Sorry about the rant but anyone can fall off the plan, or have a few bad days or weeks, and we all do from time to time but rather than admit to it and get support a rant about SW does not wash well with me.

SW DOES work, if done properly. Some people may lose faster than others but it works!

Yes it works, but like anything, only if you stick to it 100%. Cheat and you can expect a gain or STS at the very least. Eat till you are full, (never leave a meal hungry) but not ready to explode, even though the food is free, and drink plenty. Make sure your food is varied and best of all, enjoy your 15syns a day. Don't think that by not using them you will speed up the process, you won't. Remember that SW diet has been developed by people paid many thousands of pounds a year to ensure that the science behind it is sound and works. They are (as has already been said) a business and a successful one at that, and people go to SW on recommendations. Would you recommend something that didn't work? Many many people on minimins can vouch for its success. I rest my case.

Can I just add to this and say that I have lost about a stone since re-joining so yes it does work for me. I have never had a gain whilst keeping 100% to plan.

Also I have just read an inspiring article in the Sunday Mirror (not sure if it is online) about a couple who have lost 24st between them on slimming world.

I tend to agree with what the majority of people are saying, in 99% of people I think you will find that the SW diet works, some lose more some lose less some lose fast some lose slow.

However havin said that there is no 100% guarantees with this diet as there is no 100% guarantee with any diet, first hand expierience over the past few months has however shown me that this does work in the vast majority of cases....

Good luck in your continued search for a product that will work for you ( and i am not misusing the word product because all of these diet plans are after all a product that gets paid for :) )

I absolutely agree, but she won't get her money back as she DID lose weight. Personally I was really angry at what Fallen Angel wrote about SW.
I checked a previous post and she is sending mixed messages

One bleep of five pounds, which can happen, is not as quoted gaining 5 pounds a week!

"I have a negative comment about SW, i was on it until last week since may. I was sticking to plan 100% and was gaining 5lbs a week."

To accuse SW of wanting to keep people fat is the biggest load of
dieting hogwash that I have ever read.
I think that Fallen Angel is obsessed with calorie counting. That is entirely up to her, and obviously SW but does not work for everyone. It does not give her the right to make sweeping generalisations about SW when the plan works for most. Looking at the weight loss on this forum alone shows it works.
I think that Fallen Angel also has an axe to grind with her Consultant, and if what she has said about the Consultant making threats to her on Facebook are true, as well as her insulting this site and all the other comments she supposedly made (other threads) she should report the consultant to SW, and not blame SW as a whole.
I really love SW and encourage people to follow the plan so I really am very angry about
the post made by Fallen Angel, which could discourage people people from joining.
Sorry about the rant but anyone can fall off the plan, or have a few bad days or weeks, and we all do from time to time but rather than admit to it and get support a rant about SW does not wash well with me.

SW DOES work, if done properly. Some people may lose faster than others but it works!

Wow talk about singling someone out. If you are going to start quoting parts of my diaries at least read all of them. You will see
that my consultant DID threaten me as it is on my diary and also if you read properly I havent put SW down, I put that it CAN work in THIS thread!!!I also didnt just have ONE BLIP at all. I stated that when I stuck to plan 100% I gained and when i cheated I lost weight, and numerous other people have had the same problem which of course you would know if you had sat and gone through all of my diaries...but then you havent because you obviously just want to make me look like a t**t! I was just stating my knowledge of SW just like other people have and what because I havent agreed 100% that makes me a bad person? ok then!

Id just say beware with SW the problem is at the end of a day it is a company and their goal is to make money, they tend to try and keep you fat so that they gain your money. Think about it if you get to goal weight you dont have to pay!

Ok, so that is not putting SW down!
As I said, if you have a complaint, whatever it may be with your consultant, report it to SW.
It is not fair to insult SW as you did above, which is what made me angry.
Anyway, you stick to whatever works with you, and good luck with your weight loss on whatever weight plan you choose.

Ok, so that is not putting SW down!
As I said, if you have a complaint, whatever it may be with your consultant, report it to SW.
It is not fair to insult SW as you did above, which is what made me angry.
Anyway, you stick to whatever works with you, and good luck with your weight loss on whatever weight plan you choose.

Yes that may be putting it down but the others in this thread and many others are not, that is the problem, you are reading what you choose to read and not the whole picture!

But thankyou for your good wishes, and I wish you good luck in your journey too xx​

Back