Does it work?

Cupid87

Hi All, :wave_cry:

Just a quick post here! I have been doing a combination of Lighter Life, Cambridge and Healthy Eating-ish and have lost (regained some) and lost again 5 stone! I am struggling however to lose the last stone at the moment and have therefore been yoyoing! I am fed up of being on food replacements and so thinking of giving slimming world a try. Just have a few questions though...
1. Does it work?
2. What are average weekly loses?
3. Is it easy to stick to?

Anyway that's a lot for now...Thanks in advance!

Josie

crikey girl, thats a lot of diets right there.. and very restrictive ones at that.

if your looking for somthing for life, then slimmingworld is for you.

no, the losses youv experianced on your other plans will be far bigger on average than what you may see on slimmingworld, but if your ready to really enjoy loosing weight than it being a chore, its worth it.

how can you not stick to it, when its just so easy...

xxx

I really didn't think Slimming World would work, but it honestly does! And it's fantastic :D I'm never left hungry and I can fit plenty of 'naughty' things in when I want them.
I'd imagine it will be a huge change to the diets you have done before, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised :)
Kelly.xx

Don't be surprised if you don't lose the first 2-3 weeks as you may need to give your body some time to adjust to a new way of eating, but it does work.

1. Yes - I've lost over 4 stones!
2. Depends, but 1-2lbs per week is good and easy to maintain.
3. Yes!! There's no way I'd have lost this much weight since October if it wasn't. Tried WW and Rosemary C and gave up after a couple of weeks as I was starving, but not with SW!

YES! It works, it really really works!

The 'experts' say that 1-2lb a week is a healthy weight loss, and I'm from the 'the slower it cxomes off, the easier it'll be to keep off' camp. Your losses woun't be as massive as they were on TFR diets, but they'll me maintainable losses, which is what you want at the end of the day.

Is it easy to stick to? If you've been on TFR diets then SW will be a walk in the park, though probably a shock to the system at first.

Have a look on the SW website at the trial menu, have a nose in the food diary section. Maybe give yourself a trial run for a couple of days and see how you feel?

1. Does it work? Yes
2. What are average weekly loses? Varies, 1-2lbs is usual and healthy
3. Is it easy to stick to? Yes, as it is not a diet as such, but more of a healthy eating plan.

I like you have tried meal replacement diets because I wanted to lose weight quickly, and like you I regained just as quickly.... I have now lost 4 1/2 stone since new year on SW and really don't care if I only ever lose 1lb week....... because I am eating healthily and changing the habits of a lifetime !! I would't worry about how quickly you may or may not lose weight but look at sw as the healthy way to eat, helping you to lose pounds forver and never have to go on another crash diet ever again ! good luck - I'm sure you will love sw

Thanks everyone for the replies...I appreciate you all getting back to me! I definitely want to give it a go. I feel as though I have done as much as I can with meal replacements (I mean 4 stone is a big deal) But I am now ready to get into a new healthy way of eating in the normal sense! And learn new eating habits! I think weekly losses of 1-2lbs is good as I want to lose about a stone or so and actually be able to keep it off and the rest! Another quickie...is exercise a requirment for this plan? I know I need to get more active so I guess this might give me a kick up the bum! Anyhoo again thanks and any tips recipes will be greatly appreciated!

Josie

Heya cupid with SW you dont have to exercise if you dont want to, but if you decide to their is a 'body magic' system in place where you earn awards for how much exercise you do and if you sustain it over a certain amount of time. I know alot of people in my group just focus on the food part.
Just to back up what everyone is saying, SW is great and I find really easy to stick to (and ive done my share of attempted diets in the past) The great thing about SW is when I reach my target I can continue to eat this way and I can keep my weight off, and not feel restricted.. you can really eat and enjoy food.

Hi All, :wave_cry:

1. Does it work?
2. What are average weekly loses?
3. Is it easy to stick to?

Anyway that's a lot for now...Thanks in advance!

Josie

Does it work? Hell Yeah... :) (ok, i'm more at the extreme end of the loss scale (14st5.5lb to date lost) but if it didn't work - i'd never have managed that.

Average weight losses - the plan is designed to give an average 1 to 2 lb a week loss.

Easy to stick to? Hell Yeah... (see above). It can take a bit of time to get your head around the plan and to realise that when they say eat as much free food as it takes to make you feel full that they really do mean that. There'd be a rich charity out there if there was a £1 donation made for every person on their first week who before weigh-in says "don't think i've lost anything tonight, i've never eaten so much even though i've been on plan" and then gone on to loose weight.

I'd give it a shot - what you got to loose? (apart from that stone or so you mention) :)

IanH, wow thats ALOT of weight, well done! I will indeed give it a try, so gonna go to the meeting next week and see. I shall keep you all posted! Thanks again for getting back to me :)

Good for you, you won't regret it! I love it!! I have lost almost a stone in 4 weeks (13.5lb to be exact) and have been eating til I am full. I also go swimming, and do wii fit, but exercise is not a requirement, but it might help tone you up while you're losing the weight. Good luck!

Back