does my soup sound free on extra easy?

jasminescott242

hi there i fry onion in little fry light.add 4chopped potatoes,tin carrots,half cup red lentils and 3or 4chicken stock cubes,water.boil and then blitz.lovely warm chunky lentil soup.but im confused about the whole eating a third super free foods would i have to have fruit or side salad.or is the carrots enough x

Carrots and onions are super free. If you are concerned, add two tins of carrots.

Not sure I'd add that many stock cubes though, lots of salt in them! Just my opinion though.

I'd say it is as most of the soup is free foods onion, carrot and lentils. If you want to make sure you get your 1/3 superfree, before you cook the soup try and get everything on a chopping board and then if 1/3 of the food is superfree then your ok :)

Yes the stock cubes are free in any amount but high in salt so not good for you to eat loads

I was thinking too that is a huge amount of stock cubes. It's not just a question of salt and other additives which may be in them, it is also a question of taste. So many good ingredients there, so why not let their taste shine through?

Maybe bulk out the veg with celery (always good with onion and carrot despite being the Devil's own food) and/or peppers?

I don't think it is an excessive number of stock cubes tbh, it would depend on how much stock the recipe calls for. I generally follow the product info which says how much stock each cube produces. The standard cubes are 500ml so if a recipe calls for 1½ litres then yes I would add three cubes.

Anwen, your soup sounds lovely and perfect for these cold nights that are coming in. Hope you enjoyed it :)

Back