Does slimming world really work?..

XxleahxX

Hi guys
Just popping over from the cambridge diet as I'm really struggling with no food at all I've had a look at slimming worlds website and on Facebook I just can't get my head around how can you eat so much food and still lose weigh ? Hope that makes sence
Hope to hear from you soon
X

Yes you can really eat all that food AND lose weight, it's amazing:D

Take a look at some of the food diaries & check out peoples stats to give you an idea of what their weight loss has been.

Come on over it's brill here:D

I'm not really sure what you're expecting us to say. If it didn't work why on earth would we all be on here?? You would probably be better off searching google for diet reviews if you want a unbiased view.

I eat bloody loads and I've lost nearly 2.5 stone. If you stick to the plan, you will lose, and the plan means eating until you're full.

Oh yes it definately works! I eat pasta, rice and potatoes and usually some chocolate every day. Yum!

It works as free food is naturally low in calories so if you are sensible and dont abuse it because it is free, it works and is a long term weight loss plan. :)

Thanks so much for the replies Cambridge diet is just shakes and water if doing soule source , I just wanted real people's views on slimming world I have had a good look around on google and just wanted to see what your views were before joining x

It definatly works! i love how i can eat chips and loose weight :D

It works :) Believe us!
I am 16 weeks in and still sit infront of my huge roast dinner, fry up, spag bol etc etc and think ''how is this dieting??'' I think if you moved from the camebridge diet to SW you may not get a loss the first week as its a totaly different plan, but you WILL lose on slimming world

An oft heard cry from new members (especially on online forums) - usually a day before their first week's weigh-in is "i've eaten so much - i can't possibly have lost weight" - followed by an "OMG - I've lost *lb".

The real science behind Food Optimising is simply to eat more foods that leave you feeling fuller for longer (what are called free and superfree foods) but with minimal calories - yes - it's possible to overeat but eating till you're not hungry and concentrating on the free/superfree foods and just simply believing in the plan and believing in yourself that the plan will get you where you want to be - and you can't fail to loose weight.

I had my own doubts when I first started almost 3yrs ago. Nearly 3yrs later - I'm still a member and have lost nigh on 15st. (was nearly 16st but life got in the way but clawing that back now).

@Ian: well done!! What an inspiration!! @Leah: Leah, I only joined last week after following a TFR programme & this is why: I had previously lost 4 stone following a TFR diet but regained it. I was convinced it was the only way to lose a LOT of weight without surgery. I found I couldn't maintain the plan for long, but kept trying (and failing). Meanwhile, my good friend who is (was!) as big as me (BMI 42) joined SW and has lost 3 & a half stone in as many months, and insists that she hasn't eaten as much, and so well in all her life. I bought the magazine, surfed the website, googled a few reviews and here I am on day 6 feeling great. I have had PROPER dinners. I've had alcohol, chocolate and chips. Had a sneaky weigh on my own scales and the news is good - won't reveal the actual number until I've been weighed @ SW though. I want to lose ALL my excess weight this time and keep it off - there are many testimonials on how SW can help me do this. TFR's don't work long term. Are you wondering why I regained 4 stone? After following the TFR plan religiously for 5 months, my liver, gallbladder and pancreas packed in. I was in hospital for three months...... Can't make your mind up for you honey. Just do your homework, and I wish you every success in your weightloss efforts. Xxxooo

Slimming World isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle. It's created in a way that means we can eat lovely food, enjoy it & fit it into everyday life. That's why it's so perfect & why we all love it!

It's early days for me yet, but I've asked around and everyone I know who's done SW has nothing but good things to say. I've seen the effect it's had on two of my friends as well, they've both lost quite a bit on it.

It certainly does work. I've never eaten so well, I love the treats too!

I was very sceptical ,having lost weight with Scottish slimmers and getting to Target a few years ago.I needed a change so having listened to colleagues at work I decided to give it a go.I can honestly say I never go hungry as there is always something free to have,like fat free yoghurts .SW really works,I have almost lost a stone in six weeks and am so glad I made the switch.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Back