Does Slimming World really work??

kelboxster

Hi

I have just started SW this week. It was a very last minute decision, a friend text me to go out on his birthday and I always make an excuse cos I feel too fat and I realised that I had done this for two years now. I said I would go and then an hour later was at my local SW class. I have about 8 stone to lose and I am determined to do it. I realise it will take a long time and the best way is to do it slowly but, I cannot understand how the diet works??? I have stuck rigidly to it for the last few days and have only had half my sin allowance but, I have never eaten so much. I feel alot better in myself and have loads more energy but am worried that when I get to class next week I will have put weight on! :confused:

The plan works hun, this is my second time round of doing it and i can tell you it definetely does work, if you've got the patience to get your weight off slowly then you will benifit from the rewards.
I myself lost 4.5lb's this week. I would never have done it if it wasn't for the SW way.

Have faith and good luck. xxx

The diet will work if you stick to it. It's not as restrictive as WW or Rosemary Conoly. I think the losses are good and I have lost more on this than I have on any other diet and I have tried them all!

i eat more than i ever did if you read your but it kinda explains how it works it's to do with eating food that burns easy and slowly if you eat it on it's own your body deals with it easily start mixing it all up and your body stores more things and blah blah the most basic thing i can gather is keep loads of carbs away from loads of meat lol whatever magic food science it is it works i stuff myself regulary on free food and i have lost nearly ten pounds. so good luck and stop worrying so much enjoy it.

I am new to the diet from ww,i have been on it today 3rd day and do believe me it works i have had a sneaky look!

I lost 6lb in my first week and like you was shocked at how much food I was eating. I think SW is a great plan as there is hardly any weighing or counting and you can always find something to eat.
Good luck on your diet, you will do great :)

Its a great diet. I would say make sure that you eat your syns. That way if you plateau later on you can reduce them. Good luck with healthy eating
Sue

I love it, i eat more than anyone in our house and iv'e lost 4 stone 4lbs since march, and now i'm at target. You will be glad you tried it. xxx

I've been reading up on this and it seems really really good, I wish I could try it as it seems like it's exactly what I'd need and right up my street... only problem is that we don't have it here in Ireland and I can't afford the 60 quid to join online.... oh well!!
Good luck and count yourself lucky that you have the opportunity!!

Hey Anna,
You dont need to join a class, or online (I cant afford to do either myself)...have a look at the diary pages to see what people are eating to get an idea if this is something that you want to do.
If you have any questions, just ask us girls and you will get an answer regardless of how silly you think it may be at the time!

yeah don't miss out cause of money get a book off ebay and log on here everyday everypone is really supportive and no question is a bad question , I have found it much more helpful being here .

I've been reading up on this and it seems really really good, I wish I could try it as it seems like it's exactly what I'd need and right up my street... only problem is that we don't have it here in Ireland and I can't afford the 60 quid to join online.... oh well!!
Good luck and count yourself lucky that you have the opportunity!!

Hey you can do the diet, just get some books from ebay, and use us @ mini mins as ur support...everyone is great there're plenty of people that do it on their own you really wouldnt be the only one!
x

Hi

I have just started SW this week. It was a very last minute decision, a friend text me to go out on his birthday and I always make an excuse cos I feel too fat and I realised that I had done this for two years now. I said I would go and then an hour later was at my local SW class. I have about 8 stone to lose and I am determined to do it. I realise it will take a long time and the best way is to do it slowly but, I cannot understand how the diet works??? I have stuck rigidly to it for the last few days and have only had half my sin allowance but, I have never eaten so much. I feel alot better in myself and have loads more energy but am worried that when I get to class next week I will have put weight on! :confused:

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!! It really works.

If you stick with it you'll be pleasantly surprised at the great results :D

You can eat loads and get healthy to boot - it's fab! x

Hey Anna,
You dont need to join a class, or online (I cant afford to do either myself)...have a look at the diary pages to see what people are eating to get an idea if this is something that you want to do.
If you have any questions, just ask us girls and you will get an answer regardless of how silly you think it may be at the time!

yeah don't miss out cause of money get a book off ebay and log on here everyday everypone is really supportive and no question is a bad question , I have found it much more helpful being here .

Hey you can do the diet, just get some books from ebay, and use us @ mini mins as ur support...everyone is great there're plenty of people that do it on their own you really wouldnt be the only one!
x

Thanks guys, I really think I will do that... go onto ebay now and check the books out... I really appreciate the support and love on these boards, I have been here for a while now and tried almost everything but still not found the 'thing' for me though I have lost weight...

I have been very interested in SW for a while now and been reading your pages with great interest... yes I'm a lurker!! But it does seem quite complicated with the different colour days, A & Bs and syns etc

Gonna have a look now & back in a while hopefully with good news xxx

Back