Does stress make you really bloated?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Spotty Teapot, 16 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    I've got a very big family party coming up which I am mostly responsible for (done loads for it, still got loads to do) and I am totally stressed out about it.

I bought a lovely dress a while back which fitted me fine when I bought it, and it still fits, but feels a bit tighter which is worrying me.

I also bought two pairs of jeans the same day, which fitted me fine and still fit..but one day they will fit perfectly, the next day I will be constantly pulling the zip up.

I haven't put any weight on since I bought these, in fact I've lost another 3 lbs, so whats going on?

Am I really bloated up? (I feel that I am) - I'm not sleeping properly with the worry, and (tmi, sorry) I'm not pooing properly like I used to either.

Is it just the stress do you think? has anyone else had this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    Today the zip stays up, yesterday it wouldn't, it can only be water retention making the difference?

4. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

I'm having issues with water retention myself. Am up and down like a yoyo daily. It's worse when its totm I can go up 10lbs overnight then but when it's not totm it's anywhere between a 1lb and 3-4lbs but it comes and goes daily, driving me nuts. Am not particularly stressed so no idea what's going on.

Have you tried lowering your salt intake and upping your water consumption?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.