Does watching your weigt get you down???

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sharonskippins, 3 May 2010 Social URL.

1. sharonskippins

sharonskippins Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi ladies just wondered if im the only one who has to ALWAYS watch there weight weight???
    It just seems ive always been on a diet for the past 18 years loosing the same stone and putting it back on on holidays and xmas. Im the one who always say no to a night out as i want a good week and when i get weigh in STS. Even though im moaning on a bit everything is great in my life just my weight. Why can something as important to me be so hard to acheive.....i love food. Going on a family holiday in 7 weeks and feeling regret of booking a holiday. Booked it a year ago and thought it would be an insentive to loose weight lol.
    So today i will start a food diary and drink more water, measure my milk and walk the dog. Sharon x :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    yes it does!!
    im going for my fourth weigh in tonight and every day since i have started,at the very least i have weighed myself first thing and then at my weigh in time(5.30),often a few times in the day too!!
    whilst i have stayed on plan it does get me down an awful lot where it shouldnt!!
    im going to resolve to not get on those scales!!!!

4. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi - I know what you mean! I'm a real foodie - love shopping for it, growing it, making it, eating it - the works. In my ideal world food would not be linked to weight gain/loss - imagine that!!

But yes, it gets me down. My whole adult life I've been up, down, and never really stayed the same. My wardrobe stretches from a 12 to a 22!!

I think though, that my mindset is changing as I (rapidly) approach 40. I want to just be positive about me!! So SW is ideal, in terms of encouraging healthy eating of real food and regular exercise.

Go for it - you can do so much in 7 weeks so your holiday can still be an incentive. And remember (in the words of L'oreal) you are worth it. Enjoy your walk, and have a good day! xx :)

5. freyasmommy

freyasmommy Starting again!

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    while i lived with my parents i was always dieting along with my mom and it always got me down :(

since moving out and starting my own family im finding it much easier. i have been angry with my weight gain over the last few years, after having my daughter i lost loads (thanks to breastfeeding) but once i stopped i started eating rubbish again and put it and more back on.
    i have had enough! now i find it quite exciting! i know that im trying to loose this weight so it doesnt get me down, i just think about how great it will feel after its done! :D

6. mcv

mcv Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Ive always had to watch my weight. And get this my cousin and i are the same height, same size clothes same shoe and bra size and i am a good stone heavier:cry:
    If i stay the same or loose then gain then loose etc i ask myself honestly am i sticking to it 100% I try and kid my self i am but i'm not really.
    But i always do much much better when i keep a food diary x

7. jojo45

jojo45 Member

I'm the same my husband jokes that i've been on a diet for twenty years and I'm bigger now than I've ever been at just under twelve stones. I can remember going to s.w when I was nine and a half stones because I thought I was chubby.I've always watched what I eat even when I'm not at s.w I truly deserve to be slim it's sooo not fair. jo

8. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It has been getting me down recently while i was on ww, id just had enough and kept bingeing. Its my first day and it is difficult not to feel deprived even thought i dont really want the food i crave.
    Its just something we have to deal with if we want to achieve the losses. it sucks lol

9. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    yeah it does.. it took me a while to realise even when your at target, food will always be a really big part, somthing you will constantly have to watch.. i will never be so lucky to just eat what i want and not suffer for it..

it really does suck somtimes, and on a bad week it gets me down.. other weeks its just so natural now.. its just life!

10. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It can get me down sometimes and I find it difficult to stick to plan, just want to have a massive blow out, but manage to control it, then there are other weeks where I find it really easy to stick to and really enjoy doing the diet. To be honest I really think it depends on my mood. The happier I am the more motivated I am!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.