does zenical take time to work?

jane76

Silver Member
ive been taking zenical since last thursday without any side effects at all! had a sneaky weigh in this morning and ive not lost a single ounce:( reall hoped that id have lost at least a pd (or more). does it take time to become effective? or am i doing something wrong?
this is a normal days food diary for me:

breakfast - 2 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk

mid morning - fat free yoghurt

lunch - tortilla wrap with spread of low fat Philadelphia, salad and cold meat

afternoon snack - tesco own salt n vinegar snack a jack

dinner - low fat ready made meal or pasta

does that sound alright? really be disappointed if i dont lose any wweight in my first week!:(

Hi Jane & welcome to the boards, I think with any new diet sometimes the week before can play catch up for us. Also mid week weigh ins although tempting are something I had to stop (hubby put the scales in his carboot!!), I admit last week I snuck on Thursday when official weigh in is Saturday & I hadn't lost anything & was really grumpy. By Saturday I had lost 1.1kg/2.4lbs so don't panic you may still lose. Your food looks ok, only thing I would say is how about bulking tea up with some veggies, I have ready meals twice a week as at work til 10pm & only have a 20 minute break but I always have a fair lot of veg with it. And water - how are you doing with the water drinking? I find the most successful weeks are the ones where I drink at least 2 litres a day. Apart from that it looks good to me. Keep positive xx

Loads and loads of water as Lexie says. Also, at the beginning it's common to get a bit "bunged up" which could also be a problem? They do work, even if it's only to keep us on the straight and narrow, and your food looks good from here. Keep going, you'll be fine.

KB

thank you both! forgot to say that most nights i do add lots of veg in with my dinner, and i probably drink about a litre a day so will try to double that for this coming week...esp as its christmas and im coming off the tablets tomorrow so i can have my night out on the 23rd then my dinner n stuff on the 25th.....will be a struggle though not to go down a bad path!!

At least double it, that's what I say, if not treble. Enjoy the festive season and remember, whatever you put on over the next few days will just have to be taken off again in the New Year. Then ask yourself if it's worth it! Good luck,

KB

i struggle with water tbh! i hate it lol i call it council pop! is those volvic hint of fruit water ok? does anyone know the calorie intake on them? xx

Kayee said:
i struggle with water tbh! i hate it lol i call it council pop! is those volvic hint of fruit water ok? does anyone know the calorie intake on them? xx

The volvic sugar free strawberry is about 25 calories per 1.5 litre bottle I think. I drink it but don't worry about the calories as they're so few compared to the benefits if water.

I agree with you there! There is one m&s bottle, can't remember which it is though that had about 40 calories in a small bottle!!!

Oh dear we'll I'm back but I didn't do very well during the holiday period at all!!! But after watching the biggest loser tonight it's spurred my onto starting in the morning so I'm back on the tablets and will be drinking loads of water I need to shift this weight pluses the extra I put on...and no it wasn't worth it atall ...although I felt different at the time lol

Good to see you back, Jane, I think we all need to re-evaluate after Christmas, I certainly do. Biggest Loser was great, really motivational.

KB x

It was motivational but oh how I would love to lose 2 stone 3 lb on one week ! So jealous

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It was motivational but oh how I would love to lose 2 stone 3 lb on one week ! So jealous

I didn't see the programme but please remember we're all here for a sustainable weight loss that will stay away!

If you lost that much this week we'd lose you from the boards by the end of the month!

Oh but what a feeling:)

Oh but what a feeling :)

i really wanted to apply for that but it required you to be in pairs this time and i didnt have a 'buddie' to go on there with! i cant believe they lost 1 stone in a week. bloody amazing but will they keep that off. just looks like a quick fix to me x

A friend of mine got through to second stage application process but didn't get on so has had a gastric band fitted instead

Do you know I love food too much to have the gastric band fitted I couldn't cope with the minuscule quantities :)

Back