Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

I don't feel too hungry seeing as I've only had a cup a soup all day, just waiting for my tea to cook but I could just go to bed. Guessing tiredness is one of the side effects to fasting and I've had a real busy day at work.
All in all its not been as bad as I thought it would be!

I don't feel too hungry seeing as I've only had a cup a soup all day, just waiting for my tea to cook but I could just go to bed. Guessing tiredness is one of the side effects to fasting and I've had a real busy day at work.
All in all its not been as bad as I thought it would be!

It's weird, it's actually eating that makes us hungry because it increases our metabolic rate. Generally not eating depresses our appetite, at least for a while.

Oh my what a stressful end to my work day! At 4pm we had a huge snow storm which caused chaos on the roads, accidents etc, causing one poor child to be stuck at work until 8pm instead of 7pm. Felt really sorry for the parents too, a ten minute car journey took 90 minutes! So it's put my eating out of sync, when I got home I just had a slice of cheese on toast which has only taken today's calories to 385. Going to scour my cupboards for a sweet treat to fill the extra 115 and then go to bed!

Edit - white options hot choc & 2 miniature Reeses cups brings total calories to 501 and the day is complete!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Oh god! Sounds terrible :( Knew Southend was bad - mum tried to get down that way earlier to feed my brothers cat (he's on holiday) and had to turn back around! She's just gone out to try again, hope she's alright :\

Well done for staying on track! :)

And MrsB2B if I could replace food with sleep I'd happily do so haha! Glad you've found it alright :)

I'd tell your mum to come straight home, the cat will be fine until morning, it's treacherous out there x

:( She's been gone a while now... Would phone to check where/how she is but my voice is gone haha! Quick text I think, worried now :( x

Don't worry I'm sure she's fine but it's not worth even trying cos the roads are gridlocked. Fairfax drive to work took a parent 90 mins!

She's ok - she got there alright, fed the cat and is on her way back :p Now just to see how long it'll take! God, I can only imagine how bad it is out there! x

Weighed myself yesterday morning and again after my fast day this morning...1.5lb down! Obviously I need to try to maintain this so although I can eat what I want for the next 2 days this is why I'm sticking to SW principles otherwise I'd be a glutinous beast haha x

Hey that's great hopefully after another fast this week that figure will go up:) I weighed myself and I'm exactly the same boo! Didn't really expect instant results though so won't let it deter me. No even that hungry this morning - gonna wait to eat breakfast when the hunger pangs set in (trying to stop eating just out of habit because its breakfast/lunch/ tea time) I did have a rubbish nights sleep though woke up pretty much every hour - not sure if that was my body saying feeeeeeed me! Anyhow well done to us all for sticking at it - enjoy eating food today:)

I'm not hungry this morning either so I've only had 2 cups of tea & waiting until lunch for food :)

Ooh we're already seeing some proof about it working then :)

Snow here is ridiculous! Mum's refusing to drive anywhere and buses are even more unpredictable than usual :p Everyone seems to have just given up! Feeling a tiny bit better today so am attempting a fast day - had an orange for breakfast (75 cals) and am just about to start thinking about what to have for the rest of the day :) Actually quite hungry but am trying to use distraction techniques and just ignore it :p

Anyone else fasting today? When are everyone else's other fast days planned for? Oh! Also, what day are people weighing in? I think I'm going to go with Friday (like I did with SW) as I will feast at weekends and not worry about calories :)

Hi ladies, I have been a lurker on the sw from home board for months and saw this board, I am so going to give this a go! I am planning of fasting on Mondays and Thursdays and sw for other 5 days :) I want to lose 10lbs by summer and have hit a bit of a brick wall with sw alone. Your comments on this board are so positive and I'd like to share this journey with you

Jaimé

Welcome, Jaimé :) That definitely seems like an achievable goal! That's round about what I want to lose now - was hoping I could get down to 10st but not sure I want to get that 'low' now! Hoping to lose 7lbs by 17th May as I'm going away for the weekend then :)

Ooh glad I'm not the only one with a noisy, hungry stomach today then Priya haha!! Been working out what soup recipe I'll try today! All the research is making my stomach even noisier... :p Off to get another big glass of water!

Anyone have any tried and tested low calorie soups to recommend?

I've heard these skinny glorious fresh soups are quite good round about 200kcal for a big tub depending on flavour. Not sure about home made ones - maybe ones involving green veg or mushrooms as they seem to be quite low in calories. Good luck to everyone fasting today x

I'm planning on fasting on Mon and Wed and I go to the gym Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat.
My SW weigh day was Monday morning so I was planning on keeping it the same. Is that a bad idea? Should I change it to Tues morning after fasting on a Mon?

I made a soup with carrot, brocolli and cauliflower yesterday, wasn't the most exciting thing I've eaten but it filled me up. I really like leek and potato too.

Back