Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

I was constantly weeong yesterday too! Haha. Must be cleansing our insides :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha yeah I didn't 'go' yesterday at all but I don't think that's surprising when you only eat 500 cals :)

Made shepherd pie for dinner, on SW it'd be EE dinner, having it with cabbage and cauliflower.

Picking up my kitty at 5.10 :)

Hi All,

I've just finished week one of 5:2 and lost 2 lbs. yippee! I was doing SW previously but was really slow on weight loss. I do tend to cook the SW way most of the time though (ESP chips and roast veg) so it taught me some good habits.

I wee a lot on dd too, I o drink a lot of liquid though o keep the hunger at bay. Caffeine is known to increase the need to wee so I avoid it as much as possible.

Good luck to everyone. Doing my 4th dd tomorrow.

Best wishes

Denise

P.S. it's off topic but I think the lady with the cat is being a responsible pet owner and as someone else said it's your cat you do what you think is best for her (there are already loads of homeless cats around after all).

My fast days are Tuesday and Thursday and WI is Monday morning! Probably not the best time as i pig out on weekend, but im in a routine now so may as well stick to it!

I like weighing in on a Monday. If I weigh after a particularly low cal and low carb day some of the loss will be water weight and not fat loss. I eat a bit more, especially carbs on a weekend, I think that I get a better idea of my true loss because when I stop dieting I will probably eat a bit more like my weekend eating rather than being very restricted all of the time. I know everyone is different though. I know what I mean, I'm just not sure I SAID what I mean :)

My dinner came in at 243 cals (according to MFP).

P1000142.jpg

Yeah, that is a massive plateful. But all was weighed out. My tummy is VERY full, and only ate half of it. Next time wil do half the veg and spend some cals on a sauce. Still have my hot choc and blueberries to go yet. Fast day seems to have been a success so far.

My dinner came in at 243 cals (according to MFP).

View attachment 82120

Yeah, that is a massive plateful. But all was weighed out. My tummy is VERY full, and only ate half of it. Next time wil do half the veg and spend some cals on a sauce. Still have my hot choc and blueberries to go yet. Fast day seems to have been a success so far.

Wow! That's a lot of food for those calories!! :D What is it/recipe please?? I think this is helpful as I always imagine low calorie recipes as just being tiny, tiny little saucer sized platefuls :p Glad you've had a good fast day Wicca :)

Ok, so my fast day has just not happened despite a good start (again!) but that's alright, I kind of knew it was unlikely! I think various people have convinced me that when you're ill you just need to listen to your body and eat what it wants to feel better! I'd rather put off fasting till next week if it gets me back to work tomorrow because I need the cals :)

Not gone overboard at all though, cals still under for the day :)

Wow! That's a lot of food for those calories!! :D What is it/recipe please?? I think this is helpful as I always imagine low calorie recipes as just being tiny, tiny little saucer sized platefuls :p Glad you've had a good fast day Wicca :)

Ok, so my fast day has just not happened despite a good start (again!) but that's alright, I kind of knew it was unlikely! I think various people have convinced me that when you're ill you just need to listen to your body and eat what it wants to feel better! I'd rather put off fasting till next week if it gets me back to work tomorrow because I need the cals :)

Not gone overboard at all though, cals still under for the day :)

Edit Recipe

Recipe name

Number of servings Serves people

IngredientsCaloriesCarbsFatProteinSodiumSugar
Eat Water - Slim Rice, 200 g1500000
Loose - Courgette, 1 Courgette18202122
Tesco Own Brand - 1 Celery Stick, 2 Stick1200000
Generic - Brown Onion Raw, 100 Grams3050200
Generic - Brown Cap (Chestnut) Mushrooms, 200 g32114100
Asda - Bean Sprouts 1/2 Pack (350g), 2 cups5771504
Tesco - Eat Fresh Spinach - Net Carbs, 100 g294131002
Quorn - Lamb Style Strips, 50 g5021700
Add Ingredient
Total:243214231228
Per Serving:243214231228

Just stir-fried everything in a pan with a bit of water to stop it sticking. :)

I agree you're better waiting until you feel better before really fasting. Let yourself heal. x

You know me, I'm a serial weigher, and i have to say I am mega pleased that after an awful feast day yesterday (oh boy did I feast!) that I'm still keeping the weight off from fast day. One more feast day, which isn't going to be half as bad as yesterday as I'm at work, then another fast day and weigh in Friday. Looking forward to this!

My WI is Monday morning, I had a sneaky peak this morning after 1 fast and 1 feast day (around 1500cal) and I'm 1lb down. Hoping I can keep this up and it will b a great diet!

Today is my 2nd fast day. Not going to eat until lunch time when I've got a small salad which is 70cals, got a 55cal cup a soup for a snack later and a mushroom/cheese omelette for tea which is 293, I've got about 50cals left for my 500 fast day so might have some veg with my tea.
Still don't really feel like I'm fasting.
Should I not e eating anything and have it all in one meal or am I ok to eat when I want as long as I don't go over the 500cals?

with fast days according to the book you can eat whenever you want during the day as long as it stays within the 500 or you can save it all and have a 500 cal meal for dinner. I do the latter because to reap all the benefits from fasting, the whole point is to not eat for a substantial amount of time because that is when the cell repair will take place. As soon as you consume something your cell then goes into working mode: if that makes sense. I will see if i can find some literature! But i really dont think it makes a huge difference just follow what you are able to do best!

Not sure I could sit in the canteen at lunch time and not eat anything! Ha ha
Ill keep going as I am today and see how I get on at WI on Monday.

Thanks for the info tho, as I don't have the book.

I had my tea at 6:30 last night and didn't eat until 12 today so that's 18 hours without eating. How long should it be, 24?

Just planned tomorrow's fast day lunch - I'm going shopping after work so I wanted something to have at 1pm ish that will be relatively filling. Wholemeal pasta with spinach and mushrooms in Philadelphia sauce - all for 185 cals. Yum.

Attachments

• image-1509683901.jpg
    image-1509683901.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 160
Ooh yum that sounds really nice Toni :) Might have to steal that idea for Monday! That's my new Fast day start :p How do you find wholemeal pasta?? I've never had it, but tried brown rice and it was so hard and blergh that it's put me off the idea of even trying the pasta haha! x

Back