Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

I hate brown rice but I think wholemeal pasta tastes the same, if actually a little nicer :) it doesn't stay hard like brown rice thankfully!

There's actually quite a lot in the pot for the amount of cals, I'm liking this fasting malarkey ;)
Taking an Alpen light as a snack if I need it, 70cals, which leaves me with 245cals for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This is my fast day today. Can't believe I got to have chippy ( batter removed from fish) when fasting!!

Attachments

• image-1973135475.jpg
    image-1973135475.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 136
Great if it works!

I'm using MFP the other days and trying to stick to 1200 (which seems like a lot) so hoping I'm eating enough cals.

1200 isn't a lot at all, not when you consider the 'norm' is 2000. I stick to 1500 on non fast days, there or thereabouts x

I'm trying to stick to 1200 during the week so I can have about 2000 on a weekend and be a bit more relaxed and hopefully still lose weight.
Got a real nice salad with tuna and egg for lunch tomorrow, looking forward to lunch. How sad is that! Lol.

I was about to put an edit of some days I'm under and some I'm under about 1200 so as long as it evens itself out im sure its fine :)

I'm allowing myself up to 1,600 on non-fasting days :) As that's what MFP suggests! And having at least one 'feast' day a week where I just don't worry about calories!

Ooh thanks for that Toni, I'll try not to be as scared of the pasta now then :p Will get some to try it soon! x

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you put into MFP that you're doing two fasting days? Just wondering because you said it recommended you had 1600 - I had to change mine to 1500 myself!

Now I'm being dense - I can't find anywhere to add someone via username?!

No I haven't - tbh, I'm just using it as more of a helpful guide for keeping track of things haha! Just use it to count my calories on fast days, more than anything :) Not too worried about counting on non-fast days but am attempting to update anyway so I can keep track of what I'm putting in my body! Will stick with the calories it's given me for now, but once I've established a routine I'll adjust if it's not working for me :) x

I didn't think you could put in seperate amounts for different days, that's why I asked :) it tells me off on fasting days haha x

Added you both as friends, hope you don't mind.

Can we now see each others diaries?

Hey guys sounds like you're all doing great. I'm managing the plan fine just having to chop and change when I fast to fit in with social plans. Have fasted from 230 today and aiming to go til 7 tomorrow when my friend is coming over for tea - not decided if I'm going to use the 500cals yet will see how hungry I am in the morning. Have been weighing myself each day (I know I shouldn't but can't help it) and I've not lost a pound so far! I started it this time last week so was hoping for some encouragement on the scales boo! My plan was to be really good and count calories through the week so I can please myself at the weekend (the downfall of my dieting career) but now I'm feeling mega bloated and about half a stone heavier aghhhhh! Fingers crossed the scales start being nicer to me:) really want this diet to work! Good luck to tomorrow's fasters and well done to today's - yr nearly at the end x

Fingers crossed you see a result, you seem to have worked hard so deserve it x

I take it back - just weighed myself before getting in the bath (thinking to myself this is a stupid idea I'm always heavier in the evening) but I've lost 2lbs apparently! That's greatly improved my pretty crappy mood (got a speeding ticket today well angry with myself - sneaky cops on the motorway) fingers crossed that stays off til weigh in on Friday:)

Back