Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Hi - mind if I join!

I was doing SW from home too!
Been doing 5:2 for 3 weeks and I've lost 8lbs - it's so easy! Sometimes I do 3 fast days a week.
I'm now below my original target weight of 10st 7 so I'm not sure whether to try and lose a few more lbs and get to 10st.
I'm fasting today - so much easier when I'm at work!
My username on MFP is kathryntressider1 if anyone wants to add me :)
Have a great day everyone
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

MrsT-how many cals do you have on your feast days to have lost that much weight so quickly?

2nd fast day. Woke up hungry but had my coffee and ignored the feeling. Trying to put off actually eating solid food until at least 5pm, amd packing a low cal picnic for the cinema. Have planned my food on MFP and am well under on the cals, so will have to add in a few other bits. Have my Graze box here and it has 3 tubs left each with about 100cals in so might pack one of those. :)

Well done everyone on the losses. You're giving me hope!! Going to weigh tomorrow morning I think. x

Also, I think I have now 'friended' everyone on MFP but if I missed you please add me. :)

Just been working out my average calorie intake this week so far using myfitnesspal. Monday i had 1344 cals, tuesday 488, weds 1573 (not bad considering i scoffed a twix and a custart tart and chips!) and then 463 planned for today.
That averages out at about 1000 cals per day! kor blimey! At this rate im deducting approximately 6-7000 cals per week which should work out to about 2lb loss per week! interesting indeed!

Have added in some snacks and got my total to 428. And there's a LOT of food there. Lol. But yay for fast day food. :D

MrsT-how many cals do you have on your feast days to have lost that much weight so quickly?

I aim for 1500 calories. Some days I go WAY over and others way under! I'm trying not to stress over the feast days too much to be honest.

Tonianne your lunch looks amazing!
I've just got home from work and I'm starving! Just trying to decide what to have for dinner :)
Xx

I aim for 1500 but i know some days i've been over that ;) i just think the scales will tell me tomrrow if what i'm doing is working :) bit excited really!

I'm thinking the same Toni, waiting for Monday WI to see if I'm eating enough cals.
I'm having 1200 on feast days during the week as in going out at weekend.

But deflated after a shopping trip to matalan. No size 14 bottoms fit me :( I just wish sizes were universal because I'm in size 14 work trousers & just in size 14 Dorothy Perkins jeans (I need to tone up a bit more before they are wearable really) but the matalan trousers/shorts/jeans were ridiculously too small - like I couldn't get anywhere near done up, or if I did I had the hugest gut hanging over! (And for someone with a relatively small gut that was horrendous!)
So here I am munching on my cereal for dinner, wishing my fat away!

But deflated after a shopping trip to matalan. No size 14 bottoms fit me :( I just wish sizes were universal because I'm in size 14 work trousers & just in size 14 Dorothy Perkins jeans (I need to tone up a bit more before they are wearable really) but the matalan trousers/shorts/jeans were ridiculously too small - like I couldn't get anywhere near done up, or if I did I had the hugest gut hanging over! (And for someone with a relatively small gut that was horrendous!)
So here I am munching on my cereal for dinner, wishing my fat away!

Cheer up you! You are doing brilliantly. We are going to teach Matalan a lesson and boycott their silly skimpy sizes !!!!!

Haha I'm up for that :D

I forgot sometimes how far I've come since September *slaps wrist*

Defo a slapped wrist needed - I try not to think about 'sizes' now! Think - rather than trying a pair of size 14 trousers and thinking 'Oh they don't fit' or 'Oh they show up my lumps and bumps' - find size that does fit or perhaps a style that's more flattering and it'll be much better for your confidence! You'll look great and be able to see your achievements! Like you said, sizes are different at different shops anyway so there's not any point feeling upset about not fitting in a certain one :)

Well done for sticking to cereal for dinner - how have you found your second fast day? Minus the shopping trip, of course :p x

Cheaper shops tend to be smaller sizes. I wouldnt worry about it, people don't see the label and know what size your wearing, they just see how fab your looking!

It's been fine :) just having my 'treat' - fudge highlights (40cals) and one Reeses cup miniature (44cals). Yum. Total calories for the day 507 - think I'll be ok with 7 over ;)

I'm not normally one to fuss about sizes, I always think its better to wear what fits, I just think its ridiculous how sizes differ so much. Stupid clothes!

Ooh yum! Reese's is the best chocolatey thing ever!! Still have a few miniatures in my bag from Christmas, yum :D The difference in sizes between shops really are ridiculous - Primark used to be the worst i.e. even back when I was a size 12 bottoms or something the smallest of their sizes I could fit into was like 18!! They seem to have got better lately though, I actually fit in their 14s :p

My primark 16s are too big but I think their 14s will be too small - I plan on testing this theory next Thursday when I spend my birthday money. I love birthdays, I don't know when that wears off but I'm 28 this year and still love it! It's next Tuesday and I'm already counting sleeps haha :)

Back