Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

That's interesting debridger, I tend do do a 24 he fast then only eat at night and often only have say 300 cals and have debated dropping it altogether, only thing I worry about is exercising and losing muscle rather than fat on those days but I keep finding conflicting info searching about whether that happens

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks debridger. It's fast day No. 6 today and I'm going to keep going. Even with my small gain I haven't been this weight for several years so I keep trying to remind myself of the big picture. I'm aiming to keep busy today to distract me from food with lots of decaf tea.

Denise :)

I'm loving this calorie counting. On a feast day today an I have white toast and jam. Can't remember the last time I had nice soft white bread!! ?

Fast day for me today, not sure if this fasting thing is agreeing with me though in the stomach dept if you knnow what I mean, but I'll stick with it and see if it settles down a little...

Just sorting out my fast menu for later, it is nice not having to think about food all the time..

Had a good day on my feast day yesterday stuck to within SW limits so hoping anything I lost will stay lost

Fast day for me too, had a bad day yesterday so need this today! Going to have to learn to try harder on feast days! Good luck everyone fasting today x

I'm hungry already even though on a normal day I don't generally get hungry until late morning! My body knows I can't eat yet so is winding me up! Two cups of tea so far...
:)

I'm hungry already even though on a normal day I don't generally get hungry until late morning! My body knows I can't eat yet so is winding me up! Two cups of tea so far...

I was like that my first fast! Woke up starving even though I don't normally, trying to drink lots of water today to curb the hunger pangs! To be honest I find the headaches harder to cope with. X

Good luck to those fasting today! It's another normal day for me today, second fast of the week tomorrow x

Fasting day for me today - didn't go mad on feast day yesterday so hoping that I've lost weight when I weigh in tomorrow. Not doing so great on the exercise front either really can't b bothered! Plus my day in work yesterday was pretty epic and involved nearly 4 hours of travelling (120 miles in total) plus a full days work in between! I was in bed by 10 last night which is very early for me! Gotta do the same again tomorrow boo-( good luck to those fasting today - I'm looking forwards to my salmon stir fry later tonight im starving!!!

If I'm quiet over the next few days its because I'm off track - will weigh Friday & then do a fast next Monday and Thursday as normal. Got to enjoy birthday weeks haven't we?! Haha.
Hope you're all having good weeks x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think my body is doing the same I'm rarely hungry in the morning, even on my feast day yesterday I wasn't actually hungry til late on... wondering if it's because my body is expecting the usual food it gets at this time of day..... distracting myself with internet and housework whilst drinking black coffee, helped having a dance performance at my youngests school this morning, graabbed a bag of salad and cucumber for if I get really hungry I'm sure the few extra calroes in that wont hurt...

Quorn sausage and mash for dinner tonight thought I'd cook something normal for me instead of faffing around doing something separate for myself...

Had busy morning going around DIY shops (we're redoing our shower) so managed to keep going until we got back home. Had a bowl of bran flakes and semi skimmed milk. Was quite filling actually and I'm trying to keep the fibre high.

Salmon stir fry sounds good. I haven't done stir fry for ages but I suppose you get quite a good plateful. Definitely going to look into for next week (already done shopping and planned out this week).

I expect there'll be more hot drinks this afternoon then ham salad for tea.

Keep up the good work everyone. ;-)

Really hungry now! Just going to take my daughter to pick up a McDonald's for her and nothing for me! I must be mad! xx

On a fast day today and it`s drivong me mad! All I can think about is food!
Exercise has gone out the window. Just don`t have enough energy.
Gonna keep trying in the hope things change.

Any ideas on what to eat on fast days? Hubby hates veg!!

How about Quorn?? That's pretty low calorie :)

Really hungry now! Just going to take my daughter to pick up a McDonald's for her and nothing for me! I must be mad! xx

I usually take some ham and cous cous or chicken breast with me to McDonalds if I'm taking the kids and order a Garden side salad and diet coke, then slip my goodies in whilst no one is looking...

If you're taking the kids out for a treat Burger King is a good option as one of the childrens meals comes out free on SW if you swap the fries for the apple sticks and have diet coke ;)

Stick woth it hun grab a diet coke or black coffee

Tonights dilema was going to cook sausages and Mash for dinner but hubs went to the chippy for him and the kids, I had my soup and a tiny taste of kebab meat, no worries well under what I've got to spare.... so now what to have for dinner hmmm?

not cooking sausage and mash for myself I'm doing it tomorrow night now (proper sausage on a feast day yay) and I can't get inspired over my quorn sausages which I unfortunately defrosted just as hubs came in, so what to have instead? Answers on a postcard please ;) haha

Last edited:

Quorn sausages and mash hubs could have meat sausages if he's doesn't like quorn and you could have extra veg, shepherds pie made with quorn using oxo cube for gravy.

Chicken curry with Cauliflower rice for you, you only really need tinned toms and spices for the sauce with a little plain yooghurt if you have enough cals left.

Back