Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

hi everyone
today is my first fast day on 5:2. got 8 stone to lose so a long journey ahead but anything is better than where i am now.
i dont get hungry but eat out if bordem abd habbit so will power at the ready. lol

well done on all your loses they are fab.

sarah xx

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and congratulations on all the losses. Welcome aboard Sarahmum - I'd highly reccomend coming onto a forum to help with will power - as well as meeting some lovely people :)

I wasn't at home last week so had no routine at all. I still fasted tues and thurs but couldn't weight myself until friday lunchtime which said I was 10st 5 meaning a loss of 4lbs which i'm happy with (I'd not lost anything the first couple of weeks and decided last week was my last attempt before going back on SW)

My big problem is serial weighing which obviously gives fluctuating results meaning I'm fed up one minute and happy the next.

I'm fasting today and wednesday and WILL NOT weigh myself until thursday morning !!!

Have a great day everyone :)

Hi All,

My fast day today too. Not eaten anything yet. Half tin of beans and 1 slice wholemeal toast for lunch which I usually find filling. Going to last out as long as possible until I eat. I'm like some of the others on here, if I eat breakfast I want more food. I find it best to spread my calories across lunch and tea.

I get cold anyway but am usually worse on a fast day. Bought some leggings from primark for £3 and have started wearing these under my jeans. I find it really helps.

Hope you all have a good day and well done to everyone who's lost this week.

Denise :)

Last edited:
I've found it easier to last the day if I don't have anything at all to eat until evening - and it means I can have a portion of quorn chilli I've made plus a bit of rice and still fit in a crunchie :)

I'm starving and sat here watching masterchef! Fool! Can't wait for tea tonight though - mussels in a white wine sauce to start (141cal) followed by a king prawn stir fry with mushrooms onions and pepper (marinating prawns in nandos sauce at the min:) using some of those slim noodle things you can get - they look horrible but will let you know how they taste. That will take me up to 444 calories so may even have a hot chocolate if need it. All the food on masterchef looks so goooooooood!

so far today ive done really well. i had a cereal bar for breakfast at 90 cals. then took my daughter to school and hubby had a mcdonalds and i had nothing bar a bottle of water! willpower on maz lol. had another cereal bar at 70 cals and a ryvita with dairylea spread at 50 cals. having scrambled egg, spaghetti and a sluce of toast for tea. salvating at the thought of it lol. ginna do some weights tnite to take my mind of food then watch the biggest loser.

i think planned days are what i need in future lol

sarah x

Is that your fast day Sarah?

I find it easier if I plan out the day using MFP too, surprising what you can actually have for 500cals Gets me through the day if I can have something nice for tea.

I'm missing breakfast tomorrow
2 ryvita with laughing cow cheese and a cuppa soup
Weight watchers meal in the evening
Should have something left for a hot chocolate or nice treat :)

yeah thats my first fast day think its under by about 10 cals but i drink nas squash all day so can forgive it lol.

how long have you been doin the diet? how you finding it?

sarah x

Hi again

Have been poorly with a chest infection so been off plan.

Only got up today after a few days in bed ill. Fed up feeling cold!

Just had my tea (cheddar, rice and bean burrito) it was lovely but it's made me more hungry than I was in the first place lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Get better soon Granny Annie!!nothing worse then feeling crap & not been able to eat nice food

Well done on all the weight loss today, it's really motivational, so thanks!

I'm on my fast day today, and I've such a blooming headache & cold all day :(
I had a boiled egg for brekkie, a tiny carrot, WW yogurt, LF soup, 2 crackerbreads & a LC cheese triangle ...Ooo & a cup of tea, that adds up to...304, so ill have a chicken burger, 130 & a bit of side salad

yeah thats my first fast day think its under by about 10 cals but i drink nas squash all day so can forgive it lol.

how long have you been doin the diet? how you finding it?

sarah x

I've been doing it 2 weeks. STS the first week as I went off the rails over the weekend (think any other diet would have resulted in a gain tho) and I lost 3.5lb this week.

Hi all hope it's ok me jumping in here! I have just had my first fast day (well it ends at 8 in the morn) and I am a non eater on fast cos I will just munch and munch once I start! I am usually a sw girl but sick of mucking about with it, I need to lose a good stone before my jollies (6th June) and am hoping this it the way! I have read every single post in this thread lol so feel li,e I know you all already x

Have woken this morning to a blinding headache ... Does anyone suffer day after a fast?

Sarah x

Have woken this morning to a blinding headache ... Does anyone suffer day after a fast?

Sarah x

Can't say I have but everyone works differently! Make sure you're having plenty of water :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sarah x

Hi,

I'm ok the day after but do sometimes get a bit of a headache on the day itself. Drinking lots of liquid helps I find.

Well after fast day yesterday I weighed in today and I've lost 0.2lbs which I'm really disappointed with. I do feel slimmer though so I'm hoping if I keep going it will show next week. We've just booked a last minute holiday so off to Tenerife next Tuesday for some sunshine. Hooray!

Hope you all have a good week fasting.

Denise

Hi all hope it's ok me jumping in here! I have just had my first fast day (well it ends at 8 in the morn) and I am a non eater on fast cos I will just munch and munch once I start! I am usually a sw girl but sick of mucking about with it, I need to lose a good stone before my jollies (6th June) and am hoping this it the way! I have read every single post in this thread lol so feel li,e I know you all already x

Welcome to the thread. There's loads of good advice from people on this thread so I'm sure you'll make a good start. Good luck with your fasting.

Denise :)

Morning - welcome to the new guys hope yr fasting day went well. Overall verdict on those slim noodle things - not great! They helped bulk put the stir fry and there is nothing offensive about them - they don't really taste of anything! But for the price of them and the amount you get I wouldn't rush out and get more. Normal eating day for me which is good as I'm going to a friends house and there is usually always cake! Gonna try not to go mental though! Happy Tuesday to everyone x

Back