Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

Thanks, that's really helpful. How much success have you had with 5:2?

I've lost 4 stone on sw and got to target but have found maintaining unbelievably hard and put on a few lbs. Can't seem to get my sw mojo back so thought trying something else might help kick start loosing again but also allow more treats and not so restrictive all of the time!

so far im finding it quite easy. as for working or wether its effective, im not entirely sure. I suppose i decided to trial it at the wrong time knowing i had so many days off plan booked in. Going to continue it throu April as i dont have anything planned which means i should get a full month in with little or no off plan days. Fast days have definately helped me STS or stay on track when i have been out eating like a man woman!
I read that to maintain after reaching target on 5:2 1 fast day a week will help you with that. Might be work trying out with just 1 fast day a week and then take it from there.

I log my cals everyday, I started off doing SW on up days but prefer MFP now.

So my cals might be 1800 or 500 but average over the week at around 1200 per day

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've been using MFP to track everything as well. I tend to have 2 fast days at 500 and 3 'feast' days at 1200 and then can be a bit more leneant over the weekend. Usual fit in a takeaway and wine somewhere along the way and its working for me!

I'm in 10s and 12s. Jeans/bottoms are size 12, altho some feel a little tight this week hence getting my arse back into action lol. Tops are 10-12, happy with that as started last year in 16-18! I got myself quite toned with running so as I haven't ran for a while, tummy and legs are more wobbly! Doesn't take long! I do find sizes really interesting as lots of women the same weight are totally different sizes. What size are you? Don't mind you asking at all! x

well i started as a size 18 sometimes a 16 depending on where i shopped. Now iv dropped to a size 16. Really aiming to be about a size 12 at most. But im more of a visual person, so when im happy with what i look like i'll stop. just cannot imagine myself getting down to a size 12 though! Especially because this last month i just keep fluctuating around the same couple of pounds! Really frustrating! One good thing is how much i have toned up. I have been a size 16 before but was just a marshmellow size 16, now my tummy is a lot flatter and i have a waist so im looking forward to when im a size 12. if i ever get there! lol

I ran the total of 1min on my first run and was a wheezing wreck lol you need to do a routine of 1 min, walk 2 mins x 5 etc and slowly increase the time. If I ran too much I would then give up. Bit like having mini goals for loosing weight to make it achievable and realistic :)

Got ya! I used to use mfp last year but now maybe I should try again. It used to annoy me tho cos never had the right values in.

I only use MFP on fast days. On my feast days I make all my food. For example, today i had a pasta bake which was pasta, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, pasatta, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, tabasco sauce, herbs and LF cheese. Do I have time to measure everything and enter that all into MFP? Nooo! Plus that just makes a big pan full..would then have to divide it into portions :sigh:

Back