Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

P.S. - also wondered if you have restrictions on your account on minimins as ive tried three times to send a member private messages and emails but they don't seem to go through???

It might also be that their message folder is full so they will not get any more messages until they clear out some.

Morning everyone. Hope you have all had a lovely weekend! Party went well on Friday and have been spoilt rotten by friends and family all weekend! Weighed in this morning and only put 1lb on which is amazing as there has been a lot of drinking and eating going on so I'm pretty happy with that. Fasting today but feeling really hungry already boo! Fasting Wednesday and may do a part fast on Thursday - really want to lose something this week - sts for the past 2 now! Going to try and up my exercise game this week - been really lazy recently! Got a mini holiday coming up in 4 weeks - definitely wanna be 10stone or under by then. Here goes.....

Morning everyone. Hope you have all had a lovely weekend! Party went well on Friday and have been spoilt rotten by friends and family all weekend! Weighed in this morning and only put 1lb on which is amazing as there has been a lot of drinking and eating going on so I'm pretty happy with that. Fasting today but feeling really hungry already boo! Fasting Wednesday and may do a part fast on Thursday - really want to lose something this week - sts for the past 2 now! Going to try and up my exercise game this week - been really lazy recently! Got a mini holiday coming up in 4 weeks - definitely wanna be 10stone or under by then. Here goes.....

Only 1lb is good! That'll easily go down :)

First fast day of the week for me today. Finn crisps with EL laughing cow for dinner along with velvet crunch and a jelly pot. Tea is cod in butter sauce, broccoli and peas. Have a good day everyone xx

Hi There - Many thanks for taknig the time to reply. I've actually read the Mosley fast diet book and read planty threads on the subject but like I said I've a specific query around calories on non fast days. I've found a thread in the calorie counting section here which goes into great detail about it so will have another read through that as there are a few others unsure about it as it seems to vary from one website calculator to another. Thanks again.

Well done for keeping up with the squat Missperi! I keep meaning to start again but I'm just so lazy at the minute aghhh! Need to get my arse in gear! Fast went well yesterday and trying to avoid eating til as late as possible today (got a shop coming at 10 though so I doubt I will last much past that when my fridge is full hahaha!) gonna use my new slow cooker tonight to make a beef stroganoff! Excited! How Sad! Happy tues everyone good luck to those who are fasting x x

Hello all, having trouble with the fasting. Just always hungry. ?

Really need to get my head working. Have just started back on my daily walks. So that's one good thing.

Morning all, Fast day for me today as yesterday I was having a bad day so ate lots of fruit and low cal food as well as loads of rubbish too. Sooo hungry today but sticking to drinks til I get home tonight and have my home made chilli and rice and a crunchie! Hoping the day goes fast ! Have a great day everyone !

Morning all!! Fast day for me today and then gym in the evening! Need to get rid of 1.5lbs before tomorrow just to STS.. lets hope the fast sorts that out! dont want another gain :(
Im losing track a bit of the squats to be honest, got so much to do and then just before i go bed im like plop i forgot my squats!! Defo getting harder now as im getting close to the 200's. Im having to do them in sets of 50 or 60 but its still tough, especially when youve been at the gym for an hour and a half! lol
Hope everyone else is doing ok

Good luck to everyone fasting today.

You're doing really well with the squats miss peri - I managed 1 day and couldn't get on with them. 200 is a huge amount to do. Hopefully you are noticing the effects of all that effort.

:)

Well I did what I thought I would do and as soon as my food shop arrived I binged on toast - was starving so ended up having 4 slices aghhhh! That's more calories than I consumed all day yesterday already! Been for a short walk and taking the boyo for a splash in the pool shortly (had to stop calling it swimming because nothing of the sort takes place whilst we are there!) re-started the 30 day squat challenge as its now exactly 30 days til my little holiday so fingers crossed i will stick to it this time! I have the choice later of gong for a run or meeting the other half at work and going for a cheeky pint whilst the sun is shining hmmmmm. Will see which one wins:)

It's a 30 day challenge where you increase the number of squats you do each day - starts at 50 thn gets more and more ridiculous haha. There is a thread for it on here but i don't know how to copy a link on the iPad sorry. Fast day again for me - did go to the pub yesterday which was a slippery slope for the rest of the evening - wine and snacks boo! Enjoyed them at the time though! Happy fasting or feasting everyone x

Wish me luck I'm off to the cash and carry tonight with absolutely NO will power today whatsoever! The Haribo isle isn't gonna know what's hit it ! Then off to The Toby Carvery for another indulgent treat. Fasting tomorrow.

Miss Peri you must have buns of steel by now :) Do you know of a specific small set of exercises I can do to tone up my pot belly? Struggling for motivation with 30 day shred even thoguh I've seen people tone their pots up loads. Gotta get it toned by 17th July - Can't have another holiday of feeling gross in my bikini

Thanks Carrotima will have a look, good luck everyone hope the rest of the week is good to you all x

Aghhhh bloody 10st 6 still! Not budged for weeks now getting a bit deflated! I have been a bit silly on the weekends though which may have something to do with it! I thought that was the whole point of doing this diet though! Suppose i should be grateful I've not gained! I'm out for a Chinese on Friday night so this weekends not gonna be much different either - will have to try and behave on Saturday and Sunday I guess. Normal eating day today gonna avoid anything til lunch - off to the other halves grandparents for lunch and I have baked a cheesecake for them (his nan needs fattening up!) there is no way they will let me get away with not having any though aghh! Going to attempt burritos for tea which aren't too bad calorie wise! My partner gets his results today for his post grad diploma and he's really nervous about it - so when he passes he is gonna wanna have some celebratory drinks tonight - I'm rubbish at just having one glass - it inevitably turns into a bottle of wine. We shall see. Sorry epic post rant over - have a good day everyone x x x

Aw sorry Carrotina I know it can get frustrating. I was in your position a few weeks ago and here is a cut and paste of one of the conversations on another 5:2 thread which really makes sense now:

"I was really good last week and didn't look at the scales at all until friday morning (I fasted tues & thurs) and I still didn't lose anything. I know someone will respond asking how many calofres I've been eating on regular days but I thought the whole point of this was that you didn't need to count calories on your non fast days. I generally eat a bagel and a banana for breakfast, tuna or cheese sarnie for lunch with a couple of biscuits, for tea it's usually something like Fish fingers beans and mash and a twix or a crunchie. I'm fasting again today and thursday and if I've not lost anything after that I'm going back to slimming world - It might be restictive on some things each day but at least it still worked for me"

"People are advised to eat 'normally' on non fast days, unfortunately most of us end up over weight because we don't know how to eat normally. I'd recommend calorie counting at least one day just so you know that you're staying under your recommended level"

"Hi Deb, have to agree with what fizzy said, we are all dieting because we can't eat 'normally', either because of portion size, eating the wrong things or putting on weight due to medical reasons. Why not try My fitness pal for a week, log everything, weigh everything and see what you are eating. At least you will know if you are over eating. No diet is one size fits all. I'm losing weight but that is due to this diet + exercise. I eat too much for it to work on its own."

Now this is where I was gonig wrong you see. When I started tracking my non fast days I found even on days when I thought I wasn't gonig mental I was still having a HUGE amount of calories. One of my main issues is portion control. Plus even just tracking the calorie content of a few of the main foods I eat I was shocked by the high calorific values of some of the items. Now it's not to say that I don't still have them...I just try to balance things out a bit more. Hope this all makes sense. It may not apply to you of course but I wanted to share it as it's really opened my eyes a lot.

Hello all!

Been a bit up and down recently but seem to be on track this week. Fast day tomorrow. Only one this week so hope it'll be ok.

Also back on my walking routine. Can't really do any gym type exercise as I have dodgy knees. Do feel the benefit of walking. Doesn't cost anything either!

Back