Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

*Mon & Wed!

Fingers crossed for u at WI tomorro Hun x

How did u get on today Hun? I've got another fast day tomorro x

Flopped again! dunno whats wrong with me! Got home after a brilliant fast day, ate my biriyani like planned and then ate cookies, croissant cheese.. dunno where my head is at this week. Think maybe the sudden 2lb gain has thrown me a little and i feel a little deflated after getting so close to getting into the 11's last week.. next fast day isnt until next Tuesday, and on Saturday im going out for dinner and drinks with my best friend and on Sunday were having a bbq with samosas and sausages and pasties.. as much as i enjoy this month with all my bday celebrations, its very hard to keep on track of my WL!

Boo :(

I was the same yesterday!! :(
I was brilliant all day and planned to have a WW meal for tea but when it came to it I ended up having a take away with my boyfriend n brother coz we were at the house scraping yet more Walls and I couldn't bear the thought of sitting there with my WW meal whilst they had a chippy! Oops!! x

this is the only thing i dont like about 5:2, once you get into it, its gets stuck in your head that its okay to cheat a little on your non fast days because you fasted the day before and cut out so many calories, when really this isnt the point of it! After a while i noticed i got a lil complacent with it and would veg out and say oh its okay that i cheated on my SW day cos i fasted yday, and i think this is where it started effecting my WL!

I have managed to lose another 1lb this week and it works out at this rate I will be at my target by March next year which is slow in my head but if it means I can keep weight off its great news :woohoo:

Hi how is everyone doing? I have managed to lose a pound an a half this week and with the kids off school I didn't think that would be possible :family2: but will see what next week brings. Good luck all!!

Well done Tarty!!

That certainly deserves a pat on the back, with the kids off! :)

Been sticking to 5:2 for 7 weeks now and lost a total of 10lbs. I'm so chuffed. I eat fairly well on my non fast days but I'm not too strict as I want this to be a lasting lifestyle change....
And, I've been running 4 miles every couple of days and a 15 mile bike ride once a week. Feeling so positive for the first time in a long time, even though i've got about 5 stone in total to lose, and the best bit, my clothes are looser and people are starting to notice :)

Well done Tarty and mishelly, especially with it being the holidays.
I am fairly new to this game (the 5:2 anyway) I have been doing the S/W for ever, (since I quit the weed) and I think that I must have just got too complacent with it, as I lost loads of weight with it, before I stopped smoking. So I thought that I would give myself a kick up the bum and try the 5:2 combined with S/W on feast days.
I have also decided that I am not going to get weighed for a couple of weeks neither, because, I don't know about anyone else, but if there is no weight loss, I think 'this isn't working' and get all desponant and think, 'why bother????'
TBH..that might be my problem. Full Stop.
Anyhow, well done ladies and keep up the good work and keep us posted please.

Hi All

This is my 3rd week on the 5:2 and as the weeks go on im totally finding the FAST days so much easier, i try and stick to egg salad or soup for lunch and a micro meal for dinner, i dont eat micro meals usually but its easier to keep track of cals.

I havent noticed a great loss in the past couple of weeks but they say it could be a combination of various things i.e i could be losing fat but retaining water or vice versa so im sticking with it! Are you all losing greatly?

Im used to doing SW also but i eventually lost my way with it so wanted to try something new! The first week i was eating cakes etc on my feast days however this week im being good!

Can't believe I've completed 7 weeks on the 5:2 diet - that's a bit of a record for me I must say. Trying to calorie count on the non-fast days and seems to be working as amazingly I seem to have lost twenty pounds! Somehow treats don't seem to be so bad on those days as well, Not always easy but definitely worth trying!

Are any of you members of the 5:2 Intermittent Fasting page on FB? Really busy page, supportive and informative....

Did 5:2 diet some time ago and only lost for the first 3wks then didnt budge, so was going to try 5:2 and sw on my feast days, has anyone/is anyone doing the same and do you have any of your sw syns on your feast days and if so how many ? just wasnt sure if 5:2 just doesnt work for me or if combining the 2cud? would be really gratefull of some advice :) x

I found the same.. doing the 5:2 worked for the first few weeks, and then kinda just stopped, so i figured it was better for maintenance really. (for my body anyways - everyones is different)

Back on this thread for this month however as it is 'Shravan' month for Hindu's and I am fasting the whole month. Not so much like Ramadan as its just partial fasts or what some dieters may call the Warrior Fast/Diet or the Daniel Fast, whereby I can eat fruit and nuts, tea water and milk (and for Hindu's special indian sweets) then for my main meal I have to sit down plate up sprinkle water over my food to bless it, eat and then wash my hands in my plate. As soon as I stand up my fast continues till the next evening meal the next day.

Yday was my first fast day and I am down 2lbs already :| Feeling pretty normal today apart from a little more hungry then normal, but I have had a cup of tea and some peanuts so that has settled down. I assume after a week this will go away as my stomach will probably shrink a little. The good thing about this is that as it is long term (30 days) doing a partial fast means I can still get in around 1200 cals a day therefore not really subjecting my body to starvation mode.

And if not for Weight Loss, fasting has a ridiculous amount of health benefits and healing properties, mainly because when we eat 70% of our energy is used to digest our food, so whilst fasting as our energy and cells are not required to digest food, they can focus on healing the body of other impurities or problems. Not only this is reduces the amount of cell redevelopment as they are able to heal themselves, thus slowing down the aging process!

Info overload there.. haha sorry! :) anyways I shall keep all posted about my 30 day fast :)

That, was really interesting stuff Miss PeriPeri.
I do feel sorry for the Muslims doing Ramadam, as (apparently, please excuse me as I am ever so niave in this rather interesting information) they are not even allowed water from dawn until dusk/night-time......( I only found this out a month ago, when I hired a car from from a very pleasant Indian chappie)... or even to chew gum. How do they cope one wonders???.
Note to oneself ....Do more research on the subject!
And please keep us posted. Thanks and good luck.

Yeh thats right Powla.. they cannot consume anything not even a drop of water and considering what the weather has been like this last month i definately could not have done it.
4 days in and im 4.5lbs down. Interesting thing about this is ive still been logging what I consume and im still clocking up between 1200-1400. Eg, yesterday i had 3cups of tea with sugar lots of mithai (indian sweets which can easily clock up abt 100-200cals each) fruit and for dinner i had a massive bean burger with 3 hash browns which alone clocked up about 700 cals...
Anywhos its the weekend now so this is where ill struggle. Key is to keep myself busy i guess!!

Back