Doing 5:2 From Home ;D

i'm starting this tomorrow and wondering how many calories to you ladies have on your "feast" days? it states 2000 ?? but do you actually have those or less? ive just had a baby boy who is 3months old and ive stopped breastfeeding so now what to concentrate on losing my lbs! as i have a wedding to go to in May! i want to be back to a "comfty" weight by then :) many thanks! (btw before i got pregnant and back in 2009 i was 16st 7lbs and i lost 5st doing weight watchers in 18months! ive now gone to 16st 10lbs due to baba! well no not him but me! lol so i know i can do it its just getting back into the swing and want to do the 5:2 as a kick start many thanks xx

I started with the 5:2 on 13 nov and so far lost 5.6lb which has given me motivation to stick to it for a change. I am currently fasting on a monday and wednesday and keeping my food intake sensible so no rubbish. I have found that eating small meals through the day help me keep on track. On my second week ive started to try a bit of yoga and dance for exercise at home when i can but with a full house its hard to get space to myself to do it three times a week. Weight in tomorrow so we shall see what happens. Good luck everyone with your weigh loss.

Opal do you go to a SW class or just from home ? I love SW but I would get to a certain point and give up... I'm trying the 5:2 and loving it so far. Do you do extra easy on feed days and how many syns do you have ?

Opal do you go to a SW class or just from home ? I love SW but I would get to a certain point and give up... I'm trying the 5:2 and loving it so far. Do you do extra easy on feed days and how many syns do you have ?

I do it from home... I went to the classes a few years ago so knew the plan, hated them though! I use SW as a framework really in terms of 1/3 superfree and HEx's to manage the fibre/calcium intake but I just follow common sense, healthy eating really and try to eat as clean as poss.

I mainly follow EE but this week I've had red/green days as I was away with a vegetarian at the weekend and making burgers for tea tonight so fancied the extra HEx for 2 x wholemeal rolls today! I try to keep my syns to within 15 on a feast day... sometimes I'm a little over (at the weekend) but during the week I usually come in under 10 xx

Hi all! I'm planning on starting 5:2 from Friday...fasting is a whole new concept for me! Xx

Hi & good luck! My advice is leave it as late as you can to eat, I tried it lady year & had 100 cal breakfast, 100 cal lunch & 300 for tea but this time I skip breakfast & have 100 cal lunch at 1pm earliest & it's working for me....

Hi & good luck! My advice is leave it as late as you can to eat, I tried it lady year & had 100 cal breakfast, 100 cal lunch & 300 for tea but this time I skip breakfast & have 100 cal lunch at 1pm earliest & it's working for me....

Thanks for the tip hun :) xx

Hey everyone

I've known about 5:2 for a long time but never tried it myself.. so after years of yoyo dieting I'm hoping this is the diet that will work for me & hoping I have some success!

I ordered the 5:2 fast beach diet book from amazon this afternoon, and hopefully it'll be delivered tomorrow and I plan on making a start Sunday

In the past I've fluctuated weight from as low as 9.7 stone right up to 16 stone. I'm currently inbetween and hoping to get down to about 10 stone but unfortunately my old diet plan isn't working for me as well as it used to so feel I need a fresh start and to try something new!

Look forward to speaking to some of you x

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

First week on the 5:2 lifestyle and have lost 4lb and it's that time of the month too. Not a full week as I had done mon - fri.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Having another fast day today as I had 2 takeaways yesterday and a ton of alcohol.

1404061316016.jpg1404061327751.jpg1404061340343.jpg
Still have enough cals left for option hot chocolate.

Hi all, Is there anyone on here still sticking to the diet? Planning on starting it next wk xx

Yep - I still do and love it :)

Fasting today x

I'm starting today with a fast day. I have 2 st of baby weight to lose. How much weight have u lost n what length of time? X

Hi I have just restarted after having my second baby in July! I did it from March last year til November when I found out I was pregnant. I lost a stone and hoping to lose 1 1/2 this time! Currently 10st 4 and hoping to be under 10 by Christmas! Fingers crossed x

Hi I have just restarted after having my second baby in July! I did it from March last year til November when I found out I was pregnant. I lost a stone and hoping to lose 1 1/2 this time! Currently 10st 4 and hoping to be under 10 by Christmas! Fingers crossed x

How did you find the weekly losses? Did u stick to 2000 cals on ur none fast days? I managed to do day 1 fast yesterday. I was hungry last night but not as bad as I thought I would be x

It's hard for me to single it out as I try to follow Slimming World principles on my non-fast days and don't calorie count. I also do quite a lot of exercise.

I tend to be a lot looser with my diet at the weekends when I have one too many treats so my weight loss journey has been slower than if I was 100% focused the entire time.

It's generally always moved in the right direction though!

I try to abstain from food all day and then have a normal 500 calorie evening meal. Drink lots of water and black coffee/herbal teas though! xx

Back