• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Doing a 16K walk in 5 weeks time..

Hi Ange,
Good footware is my top tip (Well fitting trainers/ walking shoes and padded coolmax socks will be invaluable- millets are good for these).
Also a sports bra.
How fit are you currently? Can you walk 3 miles in 1 hour? If so shouldn't be a problem increasing on that to get to 16km.

Is it for charity? Quite an exciting challenge for you.

I love walking and prob walk 20-25 miles per week with my two dogs and two years ago did a half marathon in record slow time but did finish and ran all the way- Never again though!

Its a real achievement to do something like this, keep me posted on how it goes.

Best wishes, Jenny

Jenny
thanks for your reply!
it is for charity, my mum has had breast cancer twice now
I can do 4 miles in 60mins
so I building on increasing that to more
i wear orthotics as I have a recurring calf muscle tear in my leg following an accident

I did a half marathon midnight walk back in June - great fun but i was pretty tired the next day..

As jenny said - good footwear is essential - we actually saw a girl walking in flip flops! and comfy loose clothing.

We trained for a good few weeks beforehand by just simply increasing our distance every time we went out and before we knew it we could do 10 miles without batting an eyelid .

If you start now you should be able to tackle it no problem. Good luck.

Thanks Maq, thats sounds great, midnight walk!
well done!!
I did 8 miles yesterday, and I did it in two hours

Wow Angie- thats a great walking pace and should set you up fantastically.
Don't forget some stretches afterwards otherwise you may be very stiff and achey tomorrow!
The midnight walks do so amazing- I too would love to do one sometime.
jen x

Thanks Jenpen, the only reason I think I walk that fast now, is that I have spent the last 3 years pushing a double buggy, I can't believe how much easier it is to walk, minus the ubggy, so making a big effort to go out without it!!