Doing EE - are there any benefits of green days?

NewSlimmerMe

Hello there,

I've been doing EE and as a vegetarian I can't see the difference between what I'm doing now and a green day.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Thank you. I would rather stick to EE and resist the temptation of an extra HEB! I keep an online food diary so the fact that I can't enter anything in the wrong place is a good way for me to keep on track.

Thanks again!

For a vegetarian, there are two main differences between green and EE

Green
2A choices and 2 B choices
No requirement to eat a specific amount of superfree food (although obviously advised!)

EE
1A choice and 1B choice
Requirement to eat at least 1/3 superfree food

hope that helps you to decide which plan is best for you xx

Thank you all! I do like to limit myself and I eat loads of veg so I think I'll stick to EE for a bit, see how it goes *does a little dance*

With green days you can also have nuts and humous as a hex B. If you don't eat meat, you're not doing EE anyway, you're doing green without the extra hex a (if you want it) and hex b (which you're meant to have).

With green days you can also have nuts and humous as a hex B

You can have nuts/humous as a B choice on EE also. You are able to select any HEB from any list as your EE B choice.

If you don't eat meat, you're not doing EE anyway

I don't see how this can be true.

On EE you do not HAVE to eat from the green list and the red list, simply that it is a larger list of free food from which to choose, and a requirement to eat 1/3 superfree. If you *had* to eat meat to fulfil the requirements of EE, then it would have list x (red food, meat protein) and list y (green food, carbs) and state that you had to include food from both.

Angie - the B choice rules have changed, you can't have cheese or nuts and seeds as a B choice on EE any longer, just as a B choice on the green day.

I think if I was a vegetarian I'd do green days and have myself the extra A and B!

Angie - the B choice rules have changed, you can't have cheese or nuts and seeds as a B choice on EE any longer, just as a B choice on the green day.

I think if I was a vegetarian I'd do green days and have myself the extra A and B!

My apologies Jaylou and Dehli. Thanks for correcting.

I also would choose the green day as a vegetarian, only using EE if I ate fish (which some vegetarians choose to do).

Back