Doing extra easy and feel deprived

Thats so true Squiddie. Ive hankered a couple of times for sweet things, things that I could easily have had on WW but Ive just had something else instead.

I think its hard when you move from one tried and tested diet to a new one and it takes a bit of getting used to. Theres a lot to adapt to moving from WW to SW, as there would be going from SW to WW but if you can just try and fight the cravings, plan the day and fill up on free foods youll be fine.

I had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning and Im already 3lbs down :clap:

Well done looks like SW has kick started your weightloss again!

Starlight you scamp peeking before an offcial weigh in...feels great to lose though don't it!!

lol I know but in my defence Im not having a wi tomorrow - my scales live with my mum and shes away just now, thats my excuse ;)

I sort of needed reassurance, I cant believe how much Im eating lol but I promise I wont make a habit of it

Hi
Thanks yes i will try to have more free foods for bfast i have not got a microwave omellete maker how do you use them good idea abot the snack pot baked beans cant you get spaghetti as well
Same as starlight says moving from one diet to another takes some getting used to

You whisk up the eggs, put in any filling, pour it into the omlette maker snap it shut and put in the microwave for 2-3 mins, dead easy! If I'm having an omlette for brekkie I always use it. Yes the snack pots come in the spagetti hoops as well - both come as a four pack.

How about fish for breakfast, I have smoked haddock;it takes 4 1/2 mins in the microwave, if not that then yougurt and fruit, tin of spaggetti. leaves you free to have your healthy extras later, then you can have your sandwich at lunch time.

Squiddie is right, you will have to change some of the things you eat, or at least the quantities/frequency. A diet can only work if you are prepared to meet it half-way... SW are good but they aren't magicians.

The question is, do you REALLY want to lose weight? If you do then you can't carry on eating what it was that got you to this weight in the first place, changes HAVE to be made, and it's up to you , you can commit to it , or you will stay this weight or even put more on. What you need to cultivate is the glass half full syndrome. Think of all the lovely things that you can eat, and stop focusing on what you can't. (well you can but only once in a blue moon,) and after a while you'll find your tastebuds have changed and that quiche really doesn't tick all the boxes. No one finds it easy, but we have to make the choice to change. I just wonder if you're quite ready to do that yet.

For an official HeB 28g of porridge should be eaten along with 1 ryvita. If you don't have the ryvita then really you should syn the porridge which is 5 syns for 28g.
So if you didn't have a ryviata, swap your HeB's around. That would save you 1.5 syns on your sw. Also like someone else said choose different crisps. French fries are only 4 I think and Square crisps are 5.5, ryvita limbos are 3. I like quavers which are 4.5.
Or go for something different for lunch. Try a tin of Branstons ravioli...1 syn. Or a mug shot which are free. Then you could have a bag of low syn crisps or a kit kat or something. Or maybe make yourself some cous cous cake with lemon curd...0.5 syn per slice and very tasty.
If you're interested in quiche recipes there's one that I make using cous cous as a base instead of pastry. It's great and you can't really tell the difference. I use Ainsley Harriots flavoured packets, make it as directed then grease a flan dish with fry light nd using the back of a spoon, press the cous cous into the dish. Like you would with crumbed biscuits for a cheesecake. Bake it in the oven for 10-15 mins and then you can put whatever you like in as a filling. I use 56g of cheese (2 x HeA) and bacon, onions, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn....whatever is lingering in my fridge. Mix it with 3 eggs and a couple of table sppons of LF fromage frais and bake for about 20 mins until cheese has browned. It tastes just lik a 'normal' quiche and if you cut it in half the only syns on a EE day is 6 for the cheese or a HeA. I split mine over 2 days and use my He for them. I have it with a J/pot and beans or chips with beans or some coleslaw....it's great and doesn't feel like a diet at all. Last week I had a 1/4 of quiche (3 syns) some loose meat such as chicken or ham (fat removed), J/pot, loose sweetcorn and you add some salad etc or coleslaw.
Mix it up a bit and stop your food and diet from getting tired. Also look in your book and see how many speed (S) and super speed (SS) foods you like......Chicken, tuna, baked beans, Petit pois, apples, carrots, cabbage, Strawberries, onions, tomatoes...all these foods will help speed up your losses so eat as many foods with S or SS next to them as you can.

Thaink i shall invest in the microwave omellete maker where do you get them from

I picked mine up from Asda, it was as cheap as chips!

For an official HeB 28g of porridge should be eaten along with 1 ryvita. If you don't have the ryvita then really you should syn the porridge which is 5 syns for 28g.

I have to admit I never have the Ryvita with my cereal, don't think I could stomach it first thing in the morning, and I don't syn the cereal unless I am having over the 28g, but I do nearly always have fruit ontop of the cereal as well unless its weetabix crunchy bran then I have that on its own.

Thats something I wondered about. Can you have the Ryvita later or does it have to be with breakfast, Im not a big fan of breakfast

YOu can have it anytime. Just like if you choose a B choice of 2 alpen light bars, you don't have to eat them together ;)

The reason it is added at all (the ryvita that is) is to increase your daily fibre - I would keep it till lunch, or have it as a snack with some lf cottage cheese anytime :D

If you like crisps get the Walkers French Fries ones in- 4 syns a bag (check in your food directory cause some of the bags are slightly more depending if 17 or 19g).

x

Hi
Thanks i have seen the walkers french fries but not have tried them i also like ww salt vinigar goola hoops what is walkers baked srisps please

YOu can have it anytime. Just like if you choose a B choice of 2 alpen light bars, you don't have to eat them together ;)

The reason it is added at all (the ryvita that is) is to increase your daily fibre - I would keep it till lunch, or have it as a snack with some lf cottage cheese anytime :D

Great idea!!

i didnt know you had to have a ryvita with the porrige for it to be a he b thats good news that you can save it for later as well

You really need to vary your foods a bit gingernut, instead of a ham salad sandwich then have a big ham and egg salad which will be free and will take longer to eat and therefore probably be more filling than a sandwich. I know I can munch a sandwich down in very little time whereas it takes me ages to eat a salad.

You really shouldn't feel deprived on SW, you can have so much food and treats as well! Crisps, cakes etc should be treats really and not part of your meals, you can have them on SW, you just need to see them as your treats. Fill up on all the other good stuff that you can have in unlimited quantities like potatoes and pasta etc. It's difficult switching from WW to SW but look at what you can eat rather than what you can't and you will be fine!

"Ive just accepted that until I get to goal weight a quiche with a pastry crust is off the menu and I tend to make the SW quiche instead."

Hi hun, just noticed you posted this a while back and would just like to ask (in a very supportive and constructive way)
what do you intend to do when you get to goal - eat the quiches and put it all back on again? I don't think you intend to do that, but as has already been sooo wisely said, we have to change the way we think about and eat food. Its a whole new way of life. While nobody wants to be deprived of anything (and you shouldn't be) we have to learn that a bag of crisps/cake/chocolate etc everyday is not going to get us where we want to be and keep us there. Its making small adjustments all the time to a better way of life, eg. change a bag of crisps for a lower syn option, choose a cake with low syns, have chocolate once or twice a week as a real indulgence and enjoy it not feel guilty or deprived. If you plan your meals out for the week you should be able to build the things you are realy missing into your plan using syns. You may find that you cann't everything all the time but, neither can slim people or they wouldn't be the size they are. They are just better at everything in moderation thing lol. Hope you get things sorted out, but the main thing is don't give up trying. xx

Back