doing it in secret

nomoremuffintop

Gold Member
i was just wondering if i am the only one that finds it easier to stick to TFR if i dont tell anyone?

my husband knows of course and i told my sister in law (hoping she would join me as she is 4ft something and weighs 15stone -but she 'just cant do it') they are both trying to be suportive and listening to me drivling on about how much water iv managed to drink and they are keeping the secret for me too :rolleyes: but in the past when iv done a VLCD iv posted it on faacebook and told my parents but then the pressure is too much and i have comments about how dangerous it is and my parents tell me how worried they are about me which makes me end up caving in.
most of the people that tell me how i shouldnt be doing this are people that are stick thin, have no idea how i feel or what its like to be trapped in a body that doesnt know how to just 'eat less' 'move more' god if it was that easy i would never have been 17 stone 4lb would i?
i dont eat alot in volume just the wrong things high fat / carbs and calorie laden compfort food. im not under any illusion that i am fat because of any other reason other than what i eat and how i live is wrong but its all iv ever known.
i move as much as i can with 4 boys under 10 im always running about but iv had hypermobility and arthitis since i was a child so theres a limit to my activity some days. aaah and then there are the people that have no idea what this diet is, they tell me i cant possibly be getting what i need from just shakes and that i will do more damage than good.

so this is the 1st time iv gone almost a week on this diet and not even though about cheating or giving up so is that because its the 1st time iv not told everyone?

sorry about the long post but if anyone else that is doing this diet almost in secret please let me know maybe we can keep eachother company :D

I have told my family, but i haven't publicly told anyone on facebook.... I think it depends on your own circle of people... If people (usually out of ignorance cos they don't understand the diet) condemn it, and you for doing it, then it's best to say nothing... If you have people around you that will support you no matter what, then telling them about it can only be a good thing. People who see me regularly noticed that i looked and felt better, and that can only be a good thing...I never caught a cough or cold or anything when i was on LT, yet a lot of others around me did .
I certainly agree with you.... I am like this for no other reason than i eat too much crap food, and i am a lazy cow, and if i could change it easily i wouldn't be this size, and i certainly wouldn't put myself through LT!!
You need to do whatever works for you hun, and that is one of the many reasons this forum and the people on it are so fantastic... We are all doing it, or have done it, with the same goal in mind... We know the ups and downs and until you do it, nothing can prepare you for how hard a journey it can be...
You are doing great, and we are all behind you x x

Hiya,

ya i never really told many people! i told my oh from the begining then once i lost abit and i felt fine i told my mum and my sister they were very supportive and everyone else i just told them i was being strict with my diet no carbs/fastfoods/fizzy drinks etc and i was hitting the gym most days so no one thought too much of my weightloss to be honest! i wasnt lying much :p

my hubby knows thats it most of my friends are a good weight and moan when they c people on telly having gastric bands and surgery they say exersice and eat less the rest is stupid so i wont say anything sometimes people are so narrow minded however it does help that u lot know lol someone who will moan with u and knows what its like

GOALS
get past 1st week
get in to 15 stone
get in to 14 stone
get in to 13 stone
get to 12 1/2 stone
more to follow

The best plan is to keep it to yourself, there are so many misconceptions about VLCD's, that unless you have really looked into it then its easy to believe the negatives. Maybe in a month or 2 when everyone can see how well you are doing on it and how healthy you are might be the time to tell people. Good luck with it! Im in awe of anyone who can stick to vlcd 100%, I know I couldnt, you have been super strong willed to do it.

id say only tell who you think you need to and leave it at that! i told four people i thought were friends and im no longer friends with them because they thought i was stupid and making silly decisions... yada yada yada,,,,,, ANYWAY just tell who you know you can trust and who you know will support you and go with that. However some people find that its easier to tell lots of people because that way if they give in they will fell like theyve let those other people down so i guess it works both ways..,, either way you seem to be doing whats right for you now so stick at it...:) xx

Carn't really add much more but what ever works for YOU is all thats important good luck and well done for your first week

debz x

I told everyone lol
Family, work, college lol

I found less pressure, as people knew I wasn't eating... And a lot were fasinated about the diet... Everyweek at college it's wow you look amazing again ! I get such a big head lol it's great

But I also understand about people judging and not wanting to tell people, it's just I'm big enough and scarey enough that they wouldn't say it to me pmsl they know they'd get a slap

Hey nomoremuffin top! I'm with u! I started lipotrim yesterday so far so good! I too have not told anyone well my hubbie knows and that's it! I choose not to tell anyone else as sometimes people can be very judgemental when it comes to lipotrim etc! I need to loose the weight (3 stone !) I was thinking about telling my family but I know they will just go mad if I do but in saying that they have commented on my extra weight too when I told my mom what weight I actually was she was shocked. Keep me up dated how your doing sure we may not have the support of others but there is lots of support here good luck!

best thing to do i think is wait until you lose a bit of weight and the compliments come in and then you can tell people..:) guaranteed others will jump on the wagon then once they see how well youre doing! x

awwww good luck - i have told a few people but not many cos really its none of thier business - i dont listen to people who have never been over a size 12 as to what they think a diet is or what they think healthy living is - at the end of the day they have no idea what it is to be a bigger person. i have a similar problem with a family member - she is always telling me what i should or should not eat and it drives me mad.I am currently ignoring everyone and focussing on losing weight for the further health benefits (i am actually happy with how i look in the mirror) I am already a fit active person but i am fed up of other people telling me about what i should do with my body.Stay strongThink thin!!XX

same as you only my fiance knows and he is doing it too.
We will tell immediate family and anyone that we have too but only after a few weeks when we are coping well with it.

for me personally - its hard enough without being judged

Hey nomoremuffin top! I'm with u! I started lipotrim yesterday so far so good! I too have not told anyone well my hubbie knows and that's it! I choose not to tell anyone else as sometimes people can be very judgemental when it comes to lipotrim etc! I need to loose the weight (3 stone !) I was thinking about telling my family but I know they will just go mad if I do but in saying that they have commented on my extra weight too when I told my mom what weight I actually was she was shocked. Keep me up dated how your doing sure we may not have the support of others but there is lots of support here good luck!

my parents just love food so cant get their heads around 'not eating' the main reason im so heavy is that we have always eaten for every reason or ocasion good or bad. the 1st thing thats sugested is "lets go out and eat" my mum is proper irish and loves to feed everyone iv always been big. now i want to do something that is sooo NOT about food. im also on a very tight budget with 4 small kiddies and a hubby that need to eat and this is costing me over half of my weekly food budget so my parents dont agree with me spending so much on it. they think its cheaper to live on lettuce! dont get me wrong theyr the most loving giving parents i could ask for but they are just not gonna accept spending lots and not even eating.

but im sure they will start to notice soon that im dropping weight as the 1st place i show is on my face and i live 10 doors away from them so they see me alot :p

so how are you getting on?

same as you only my fiance knows and he is doing it too.
We will tell immediate family and anyone that we have too but only after a few weeks when we are coping well with it.

for me personally - its hard enough without being judged

thats a great idea.....wait until you have got the hang of it and can defend anything they throw at you. at the end of the day WE are the ones doing it. whats the saying? "dont knock it till you've tried it!"

xxxx

Back