Doing Porridge

Hello

I started this 4 days ago weighing 13.4 and I am 5ft 9 , My biggest weight was last year I ballooned to 14 stone 9 and swiftly went on a made up diet and went down to 12.3 then I went to Magaluf for 5 days and ate crap, I then went to Spain July and ate crap...most of the time I ate I was thinking it doesn't matter cos I lost so much weight a pizza won't hurt...lol.

Anyway I work in a prison and and find this diet pretty easy at work apart from meal times when I can see and smell the food I just divert my eys and think of being slim again. I gave up smoking November 2011 by sheer will power so I know I can do this.

First few days I couldn't get the hang of mixing the porridge but now I can. I feel skinny already although I know that's just in my head. I am eating the porridge last thing at night and I am taking 20 mins to eat it so it feels like I am eating a huge meal .The other day my day off day 2 I was desperate to eat a grape so I ironed 14 work shirts instead just to stop thinking about it...then I threw the grapes out

I did the stick thing this morning and it was pink so I think that is good..people at work asking me why I am on a diet..sigh I know I am a 14 but I want to be a 12 that's all.

Ok so I am on day 5 and starving . Being weighed Thursday because I am at work Friday and Saturday. Cant stop peeing still, I am drinking water and sticking to the plan 100% but wishing for food still. Hoping this feeling will stop. Almost everyone and their mother have invited me out for drinks meals and you name it the last 2 days ..oh sorry I cant come out for dinner as I am eating dust for the next 6 weeks. Sigh..I am a bit worried about losing all the weight and putting it all back on after one day.

Hi Amanda,

Laughing at your comment about worrying about putting the weight on after just one day. The only thing that's keeping me going is - I'm having this when I'm thin, I'm having that when I'm thin. In reality I know I won't be able to but the thought is nice ;)
It does get easier after week one. I'm week 3 and not at all hungry but getting bored now and just want something nice x

Marie x

OK so I got weighed today and I am now 12.8 which means I lost like 10 whole pounds wowza. I feel ok not really hungry just wanting a steak to chew on but I feel that's all in my head...I was debating about going to the pet shop and buying one of those plastic dog toys that looks like meat and sit and chew it while I am alone...but then I thought that would make me pretty crazy looking and would end up locking myself up in my own jail lol. So I am happy with my loss I knew I had a loss because I have not caved in and eaten even a small grape...if you want something badly you have choices..my choice is to carry on and be thin .

Back to jail tomorrow next weigh in is Friday 13th ..... Today once the sun comes out I will have a sunbathe while thinking of porridge

OK so it's been a week. I feel hungry sometimes but I think I am just craving for a 'bite to eat' maybe. Anyway I tried the chilli soup and I love it , I like all the products to be honest they are all much of a blandness. I sometimes crave a good munch and want to spoon the dry powder into my mouth tho <why do I do that?

Anyway my daughter wants to go out for a meal on her Birthday end Of September and now I am panicing.....I am wondering if I can eat a Turkish meal one night 6 weks after I started the diet...I imagine all the weight I lose piling back on me in one mad night...sigh I hope it doesn't happen I am so focused now 100 pounds in a week is fab but I want to be 11 stone...on wards and upwards

hey there
there are hard days and days that go pretty well i found 12 and 13 a struggle but this week now 17 has been much easier. you also get the bars (lemon /peanut) seem to be two fav s

turkish would seem like a good choice for a meal out or i ve heard a few folk speak of nando s as menu is calorie counted and if you want you don t have to go too crazy. im doing ss+ but one of the other is doing ss and she has a ss + day at the weekend. you ll be surprised how good lettuce tastes when you ve got limited options.
these diets are hard and for some it is too restrictive but keep going if you can as im sure it ll be worth it
jenx

so I just been weighed and I am now 12.2 stone which is great . I have not ordered the bars as I dont feel I need them I am sticking to soup and porridge. I ordered some Krill vitamins and glucosomine from Healthspan last week and they came today so I have started taking them. I am taking them as I was diagnosed with athritis a week a go in my knee and I am only 47 so thought a few joint supplements will help. Next week I hope to see the 11 on the scales I have not seen an 11 on scales for a while lol.

Amanda!
Hey! I'm also 5ft 9 a size 14 wanting to go down to a 10/12 again!
I get many of the same comments about "why are you on a diet ? You're not fat" etc!
I'm in week 3 atm and have lost about 3.5kg (6pound) so I'm happy with that progress.
I aim to get to about 72kg and I am current 80.5kg.

I'm already feeling so much more comfortable and in control of my diet.
when I have cravings, I only crave healthy things, like walnuts, or fruit and veges. I haven't give in so far except I had some walnuts- it's TOTM so my body was just sending me crazy with the craving for walnuts for hours. So I had about a handful.
I'm not worried though:)

So glad to find someone who is looking for a similar weight loss to me :)

I have been bleeding for 3 weeks now so I am going on step 2 of this diet and this week I have put on 1/4 lb I know its nothing but I have not lost anything which is weird when I have stuck to it .I had a bowl of meet saturday night as I was out with my daughter for her birthday but that can surely not make you not lose a thing...it makes me scared and I wonder if this diet is for me now.How can I do the whole thing a week and lose nothing? It makes me feel like I want to give up.

Hi AmandaW, I'm a newbie and have read your diary, just wanted to say you're doing great and I hope I can stick at it as well as you have even through the hard times!
You're doing great, don't give up :)

Back