Cruise PV doing PV every day

tacokisses

Hi all, just wondered if anyone here does pv every day to make the diet easier? Ive lost weight on dukan before and this time round have lost a stone but im finding it difficult to stick to so keep messing up. Im wondering of doing pv all the time would enable me to stick with it better. Ive started going gym 3 times a week and doing an hour of cardio, ideally id lile to lose 2 / 2 and a half stone for my wedding in august (im 13 and a half, 5"6). What do you think?

I am sure more experienced Dukaneers will be along soon, but.....pv days I would think cause a slow loss. PP days seem to be what causes the faster loss, pv days make sure we get vital nutrition from veg (and natural fibre) without gaining. PV days with one or two 'gala' meals makes stage three of Dukan, the maintenance stage for once the weight is off.....so, upto you really. I would recommend you have a good read of the Dukan book to get a better understanding though before you understand. The exercise is great but don't expect it to work a miracle, they say 'diet makes one look good in their clothes, exercise makes one look good naked'.

I'm quite new to this bit I know by weighing myself that I always loose more on PP days! I think sticking to the plan is the best and fastest way to loose weight! But if you really think you can't stick to it I'm sure eating protein veg and doing exercise is much better than eating processed foods and extra carbs everybody is different so I would say find what is best for you! X

Oh I know the book very well and I know the pp days cause the quickest weight loss. But if I carry on trying Ill just keep cheating then pigging out before starting again and end up putting weight back on! I know losses will ne slower this way, kist wondered if anyone had done it and how well it worked for them x

Really can't help you with that!! I doubt to be honest many dukaneers have veered off the path, one thing that crops up a lot on this forum is that the strictness of this plan makes it easier to follow. Maybe some of the U.S low carb forums maybe of use to you?

I have reached TW ages ago by doing strict Dukan but remain at it with a weird mixture of PP Thursday, no bread, pasta, rice etc at all, sometimes very low fat Dukan style, and sometimes higher fat Atkins style. If a pound or two creeps on I cut out the fat a bit, likewise any loss I add a bit of fat. I exercise a lot and have a physically demanding job...all in all this works for me.....and I feel FANTASTIC!

I was going to advise you not to do this diet at the tender age of 13 1/2 then I read your post properly!
I'd advise you post a typical PP menu of yours here. Normally, once in ketosis, people don't get hungry or have cravings so I'm wondering whether indeed you are in ketosis, if you say you keep cheating. Also, I'd advise eating lots. Do you like roast chicken, for instance? I've known people eat ENTIRE chickens in one go and lose weight well (and, trust me, there's not much room for anything else once one starts downing whole chickens!). Alternating the days should help as you know you only have to wait one day until the veg.
Up to you of course but, with a wedding looming, it would be great to have time to get the weight loss consolidated too...
Have you bought your dress?

I too struggle on PP days and am doing something a but different and somewhat contravercial (although in the book it does give it as an option). It goes like this:

I do an attack phase for 3 days then do PP and PV days alternating (all normal up to there) all according to the plan. Then When I get stuck or feel like cheating I start a consolidation phase. So, for example the last rotation went like this: 3 days attack, 14 days cruise (no cheating at all). I lost 9 lb in total and so now have 45 days on Consolidation phase.

I consolidate according to the rules - very strictly - but when you can eat 2 slices of bread and a piece of fruit every day as well as a celbration meal once a week (for the first half and 2 in the 2nd half) and other food benefits - although you still have to do 1 Attack day every week - it really is so much easier.

So once I've done the consolidation I will go back to attack and cruise again, until I want to cheat and then consolidate again. In the end you will probably end up doing the same amount of consolidation as you will be loosing the same amount of weight. The only down side to doing it this way is that you appear to loose the weight more slowly but you will reach the end of consolidation at the same time as you would otherwise.

For me this makes little difference, I have been overweigh for years and as long as I can loose the weight and keep it off this time is all that maters. Give it a try and see what you think.

Hi
I think everyone does things their own way, someone on here does do PV days every day, but she wasn't in a hurry to lose it, just wanted it to come off eventually. Personally I find the alternating the best because if you do start to feel the urge for something you know you only have to wait a day for the veggies.

You will lose it so much slower by doing the PV every day as the carbs in the veg whilst low are still carbs, and reduce your losing. Having had a bad time at christmas where I completely failed the plan, and took a month to get it sorted, I looked into the carb/ketosis info out there and dukan and the general consensus is that second time around its harder to lose, even second time around within the same period of time. I really struggled. But as I said everyone is different.

If you really think you are gonig to fail maybe you could just try to do the alternate method until such time as your 'cravings' start and then do PV days for a week or so and then go back to alternating.

I find quite often on PV days I don;t always have veg till my evening meal and have to remember to eat them.

However you do it, I wish you luck.

Back