Doing SW Alone/At Home TEAM!

Your spreadsheet sounds brilliant, really good idea.
Good luck with it all and keep us posted x

Thanks Kate! I'm terrible with paper (and mental maths haha) so this is really handy for me. It's frustrating I've got a lot of people interested in having it sent to them but I cant receive PM's yet. going to have to post like mad lol!

In the mean time, if anyone wants it email me at [email protected]

have a good week all!

Hi Victoria, I'll check back with you in a few days, the posts rack up quite quickly. I havent been planning or keeping a proper food diary, apart from on here but it would probably help to have it on my computer too. Then I can check back if I cant remember syn values :)
Hope the week is going well for you so far :)

Hi guys, i have done slimming world a few times now, went back a few weeks ago but don't really find the leader that motivational so have decided to give it a go alone and save some pennies in the long run. I have had the mini mins ap for a while but never actually joined up have just browsed for recipes etc, but now i am going it alone i thought i would say hello to you lovely people who all seem to be doing the same.

Hi Amanda, welcome to the club! Personally I'm finding this better than going to group because you can speak to people all day every day if needs be where group is only once a week. I've only been on here a week or so and everyone is really friendly and helpful, couldnt ask for a better group in my eyes :)
Good luck with it all x

Hi everyone, I started at home last Thursday, 5.2lbs loss yesterday morning, was very happy with that!
I've started Slimming World 3 times in the past, and couldn't get my head round it (former member of the older style weight watchers where I first lost my weight). I don't know what's changed or maybe I'm just in the right frame of mind but I'm loving it! Eating my healthy extras, having Syns, not felt hungry at all, and making sure 1/3 superfree as following EE.
Even going for an Indian meal tomorrow night for my mums birthday so saved some Syns and have decided on chicken tikka starter, followed by Lamb Rogan with boiled rice, won't drink as mum doesn't so we'll happily share a jug of water between us! I'm confident that I've made good choices there that won't spoil my week!
Also, I'm running again, as I love it, plus I'll be doing the Great North Run again this year, determined to be lighter when I complete it this year, so since Sunday have done 4 x 5.1k runs which has got to be helping! I even went in the pouring rain this morning!
I think this site is wonderful and has been such a source of inspiration already!

How are we all doing?

I have done terrible this week ~ a chocolate fest. No real excuse. My head hasn't been in the right place.

To be honest I am posting here as hopefully it will occupy my time and then make me too late to go up the shop for a chocolate fix. I'm the type of person who once they have one bite of choccie will eat the whole shop.... and they don't sell decent food there either.

I might just let myself have a bath as well..... got to wash off that weight in time for weigh in tomorrow... and if I shave that'll make for a bigger weight loss ~ or a smaller gain...

I had a sneak preview this morning and there could be tears tomorrow.

Hope you are having a better time of it.

Judith & Pickle

justjudith said:
How are we all doing?

I have done terrible this week ~ a chocolate fest. No real excuse. My head hasn't been in the right place.

To be honest I am posting here as hopefully it will occupy my time and then make me too late to go up the shop for a chocolate fix. I'm the type of person who once they have one bite of choccie will eat the whole shop.... and they don't sell decent food there either.

I might just let myself have a bath as well..... got to wash off that weight in time for weigh in tomorrow... and if I shave that'll make for a bigger weight loss ~ or a smaller gain...

I had a sneak preview this morning and there could be tears tomorrow.

Hope you are having a better time of it.

Judith & Pickle

;) lol Judith :) fingers crossed for tomorrow! Maybe go to weigh in in your underwear.. Oh and cut your nails.. Every bit helps ;)

I've struggled a little today too. Hubby has been glued to the football this evening so ive been bored stiff and so tempted to pick. I ended up having a packet of wotsits and a kopperberg ouch. I've come to watch tv in bed now to stop me causing any damage to my good efforts haha

Hey, I do weigh in on my own at home ~ I weigh nekid! No glasses on wither so I have to peer at the digital readout...... I'm glad Pickle can't talk.

Bath bathed so just chill out before tomorrow.

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this and as alread said by others everyone seems so helpful I thought I would join in. I am a newish mother, my litle girl is 6 months, just weaned her off BF and now the weight I lost is starting to creep back on. I attended SW years ago, but have mainly been a WW follower, until i went to a wedding recently and got chatting to 2 old friends who are literally half the size they were thanks to SW. I cant afford to attend the meeting at the moment as am getting very few pennies, until I go back to work in September so have been follwng their advice. However I am startng to notice that there are gaps, ie the water and the 1/3 superfree???? Can anyone explain this to me? SW seems so easy especially as when my little angel is having a melt doen I can grab some ham out of the frige to tide me over and stop me going for the dreaded cheese......

Any help anyone can give me would be gratefully appreciated....

Livvi x

Hi all can I join :) I'm doing it at home too xx

Hello New Members....

How are we all getting along?

I had a 3lb gain this morning and its all my fault. Back on plan from yesterday.... my body functions better on SW.

Thinking forward to Wednesday when I see this older person and have a chat with her..... shes sweet (and her dog is a charmer as well)... but we have got into the routine of.... without being asked..... she heats up a sausage roll for me and lately she's been giving me a Chelsea bun as well. Any ideas as to the syn values or how to incorporate it into plan... or do I eat and enjoy and tighten up my plan for the rest of the day.

Drinks are fine ~ black coffee or water!

I'm not a girl who says no easily...... what would ytou do in such a situation?

Thanks in advance for your feedback....

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Can I join, I've been doing SW from home since Jan, can't afford to go a group so I'm doing it via here, but I've never noticed this team until now....

I put on a pound this week totally self inflicted so need to get back on track as I want to lose the last 5lb of my first target by August 10th...

Well just finished second full week, no cheating, all tracked, enjoyed my Syns too!
Weigh in tomorrow morning, first thing, and as I'm at home, nekid so I can't blame my clothes lol!
Lost 5.2lbs last week!

Hi guys how r u all doing? I havnt had a bad day but come home from work and wasnt in mood for cooking so had a chicken kebab. Treated myself to a Galaxy Ripple afterwards and now am looking for whats next......soooo to stop myself i decided to come and check in here instead. Hope u r all getting on well xxx

Not doing too grand but things are looking up ~ I've basically no money until Tuesday so can't buy sweets and chocolate.... so will have to use up some of my storecupboard and frozen foods ~ then on Tuesday I am having some food delivered from Asda.... so I should have a grand time then as well.

Could be worse....

On Tuesday I went to class in order to get an up to date book. Consultant said we should all do extra easy for at least the first 4 weeks.... coupled with weighing in with clothes on on an evening so added weight..... well its sure done me head in.

Normal transmission will resume shortly!

Judith & Pickle

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this and as alread said by others everyone seems so helpful I thought I would join in. I am a newish mother, my litle girl is 6 months, just weaned her off BF and now the weight I lost is starting to creep back on. I attended SW years ago, but have mainly been a WW follower, until i went to a wedding recently and got chatting to 2 old friends who are literally half the size they were thanks to SW. I cant afford to attend the meeting at the moment as am getting very few pennies, until I go back to work in September so have been follwng their advice. However I am startng to notice that there are gaps, ie the water and the 1/3 superfree???? Can anyone explain this to me? SW seems so easy especially as when my little angel is having a melt doen I can grab some ham out of the frige to tide me over and stop me going for the dreaded cheese......

Any help anyone can give me would be gratefully appreciated....

Livvi x

im also a new mum doing it from home, you need to have a 1/3 of your plate super free so fruit with your breakfast, salad with your lunch or veg with your tea etc etc. the super free foods are the veg and fruit so some might be in your meal already like if you did a pasta sauce you could add peppers, tomatoes, mushroom they would all be super free.

It might be worth looking at some food diarys and seeing what people eat for ideas x

Back