Doing Weigh Watchers from home?!

Hi elfy1807, I need to get a new Eat Out Guide, mine is PP but from a couple of years ago now and a lot of the restaurants etc have changed their menus now which is a pain! I only restarted today so plenty of time to buy it yet. X PS-What did you spend your 15pp on? X

Welcome to the board Serena.

For my 15 points I had a 7pp WW Beef Ravioli
A 5pp WW Sticky Toffee Cheesecake
A 1pp WW Caramel Mallow (Like pink & whites)
And a box of 1pp WW Strawberry Hearts.

Really enjoyed it. But I was debating the BBQ Ranch Salad as I got to my boyfriend's house and he was hungry, so straight to KFC we went. But I resisted. I swear he does it on purpose to tease me haha.

But yeah, if you've got any queries, I don't mind giving you answers (where I can). I'm not sure when my Eating Out was published, but I'd imagine fairly recently.

Good luck on your weight loss journey! =D

Thanks for your welcome :) Do you have any little tips and hints to help me on my way? I have to say I admire your willpower resisting yesterday, not sure I would of been quite so good! I've used all my 26 daily pp up today, trying to save my 49 weekly pp for a meal out with my little girl next week. X

Yeah... I admire my willpower sometimes. I don't know how I manage sometimes because KFC is my favourite takeaway. But I sit and talk to him, drooling over his food, knowing that if I touched, he'd slap my hand away because he knows how much it means to me. If I really insisted, I'm sure he'd let me, but he knows I'd just regret it afterwards.

I try to avoid using any weeklies if possible. The only time I'll get close to using any is by eating the boxes of ww sweets. They're so tasty and for just 1-2 points per box, a real point bargain. I tend to eat them over the course of a week or two, so just count them in on my weeklies.

Do you exercise?! You can earn yourself more points to eat if you find yourself hungry after your 26. I'm only 1.5lbs away from dropping down to 26.

As for tips, I just wrote a whole bunch of nonsense on the other thread you posted in as I saw that reply before I spotted this one lol

Yeah... I admire my willpower sometimes. I don't know how I manage sometimes because KFC is my favourite takeaway. But I sit and talk to him, drooling over his food, knowing that if I touched, he'd slap my hand away because he knows how much it means to me. If I really insisted, I'm sure he'd let me, but he knows I'd just regret it afterwards.

I try to avoid using any weeklies if possible. The only time I'll get close to using any is by eating the boxes of ww sweets. They're so tasty and for just 1-2 points per box, a real point bargain. I tend to eat them over the course of a week or two, so just count them in on my weeklies.

Do you exercise?! You can earn yourself more points to eat if you find yourself hungry after your 26. I'm only 1.5lbs away from dropping down to 26.

As for tips, I just wrote a whole bunch of nonsense on the other thread you posted in as I saw that reply before I spotted this one lol

Thanks for the tip about the WW sweets, they sound like a bargain and great use for my pp allowance! I used to go to the gym 3 times a week but not allowed to go until I get the all clear since my car accident, hopefully that won't be too long now. Once I have the all clear I will either re-start the gym or just do DVDs at home. X

Yeah, my favourite sweets are the rhubarb & custard and the caramel mint candies. They're hard boiled sweets, just 2pp per box. You can get two boxes from meetings for £1.50. I also like the strawberry heart ones. They're gummy ones, remind me a little of haribo hearts (minus the soft chewy white bit) and are just 1pp per box, again £1.50 for 2 boxes.

Sorry to hear about your car accident, but hopefully you'll get the all clear and you'll be able to get back into exercising. I'm really loving Zumba atm. I try to go to 2 classes a week. I also enjoy aquafit, spirals pilates and body tone.

Yeah, my favourite sweets are the rhubarb & custard and the caramel mint candies. They're hard boiled sweets, just 2pp per box. You can get two boxes from meetings for £1.50. I also like the strawberry heart ones. They're gummy ones, remind me a little of haribo hearts (minus the soft chewy white bit) and are just 1pp per box, again £1.50 for 2 boxes.

Sorry to hear about your car accident, but hopefully you'll get the all clear and you'll be able to get back into exercising. I'm really loving Zumba atm. I try to go to 2 classes a week. I also enjoy aquafit, spirals pilates and body tone.

I must admit Aquafit is one I have thought of doing as I guessed exercise in water would be less impact! How many bonus pps do you earn for Aquafit? X

I'm not sure on the technical activity points, and especially as it's based on weight, so different for each person. But for someone of my weight (160.5lbs) it's between 3 & 5 activity points.
If you type into a search engine "weight watchers activity point calculator", it'll tell you the difference between low, moderate & high impact.
Then you stick in your weight, the time you've been doing that activity for, which impact it was and which points system you're working to, it'll work it out for you.
For other activities, you could always buy a ww pedometer and you can track your activity that way. I don't think it would work for aquafit lol.

And yeah, it's a good session. It can be tough when you're doing it, but it's like every other fitness regime - you only get out what you put in. But it's definitely not a class you're going to feel in your muscles the next day. Definitely less strain on your body, which could be good for someone like you, finishing recovering from injuries.

Hey guys. How is everyone doing?

Last night I went out for a meal to a thai restaurant for my best friend's birthday. I didn't want her to not go out for a meal because I'm on ww, so I worked out a few dishes I was going to order when I got there. At the time I had 11 dailies remaining, 49 weeklies remaining and had earned 29 activity points.

I had worked out I was going to have Larb Gai (a chicken salad) and a sweet & sour chicken dish for 7pp and 12pp respectively.

However when I got there, you had to order another 2 dishes as well, a starter and a side so I ordered sesame prawn toast (which worked out as 12pp) and a chicken chow mein (9pp). So the entire meal cost me 40pp. Which was the exact amount of dailies and activity points I had put together.

Hopefully though, I'll still lose on Thursday.
People use their weeklies/activity points all the time and still lose. Fingers crossed I will too. It'll just be as if I hadn't earned any activity points at all up until that point.

Anyway, nuff bout me. Hope you're all ok and just thought I'd share my weekend. Because I know I'll end up worrying about it Wednesday night.

Hey guys. How is everyone doing?

Last night I went out for a meal to a thai restaurant for my best friend's birthday. I didn't want her to not go out for a meal because I'm on ww, so I worked out a few dishes I was going to order when I got there. At the time I had 11 dailies remaining, 49 weeklies remaining and had earned 29 activity points.

I had worked out I was going to have Larb Gai (a chicken salad) and a sweet & sour chicken dish for 7pp and 12pp respectively.

However when I got there, you had to order another 2 dishes as well, a starter and a side so I ordered sesame prawn toast (which worked out as 12pp) and a chicken chow mein (9pp). So the entire meal cost me 40pp. Which was the exact amount of dailies and activity points I had put together.

Hopefully though, I'll still lose on Thursday.
People use their weeklies/activity points all the time and still lose. Fingers crossed I will too. It'll just be as if I hadn't earned any activity points at all up until that point.

Anyway, nuff bout me. Hope you're all ok and just thought I'd share my weekend. Because I know I'll end up worrying about it Wednesday night.

Well Done on your choices, I'm sure you will be fine on Thursday, did you read my Post about Prezzo in my diary? X

Don't worry elfy! good on you for pointing everything up you you still got your weeklies left so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I used my weeklies and activity points for fish, chips and mushy peas on Friday and to put towards today's Sunday roast and apple crumble and custard yum yum! X

Don't worry elfy! good on you for pointing everything up you you still got your weeklies left so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I used my weeklies and activity points for fish, chips and mushy peas on Friday and to put towards today's Sunday roast and apple crumble and custard yum yum! X

Wow your food sounds sooooooo yummy!!! X

Hey all,

Aint been around for a while as got a lot going on so gone completely off track :(

Back on it now this week, good luck everyone,

Dan x

Hey all,

Aint been around for a while as got a lot going on so gone completely off track :(

Back on it now this week, good luck everyone,

Dan x

Hey Dan, Welcome Back and Good Luck :) How much do you have to lose? X

Hey Serena,

Unfortunately I have a lot to lose, about 4 1/2st to be in a healthy bmi.

Did lose a st and half but have put the half back on over ther last few weeks. Oh well can't dwell on it, onwards and downwards :)

Have you been doing ww long? How you finding it? I tend to do the vintage points but have tried the pp aswell (and a million other diets lol).

Good luck,
Dan x

Hey Serena,

Unfortunately I have a lot to lose, about 4 1/2st to be in a healthy bmi.

Did lose a st and half but have put the half back on over ther last few weeks. Oh well can't dwell on it, onwards and downwards :)

Have you been doing ww long? How you finding it? I tend to do the vintage points but have tried the pp aswell (and a million other diets lol).

Good luck,
Dan x

Hi Dan, You'll get to your 4.5Stone Loss, I restarted on Friday, have 21lbs to lose in total, so far I'm finding it ok, did you see I have a Diary? I am doing PP, find it so much easier with Fruit & Veg 0pp, means I have to count and scrutinise less things! X PS-Are you doing Vintage this time around? X

Will have a look for your diary now :)

I don't count fruit on vintage but I drop my daily by 2 points to make sure it should be covered. I'm a veggie so find pp hard as low pp foods are high in protein and carbs are quite high. I think pp are good but just don't suit me so will try and get my head into vintage again, fingers crossed I can stick with it.

Dan x

Will have a look for your diary now :)

I don't count fruit on vintage but I drop my daily by 2 points to make sure it should be covered. I'm a veggie so find pp hard as low pp foods are high in protein and carbs are quite high. I think pp are good but just don't suit me so will try and get my head into vintage again, fingers crossed I can stick with it.

Dan x

Yey I'm a Veggie too! Been waiting for someone to message on WW who is Veggie, most Veggie's seem to be on SW! X

How do you find it then with carbs being quite high in pp?

As I'm restarting today I'm in two minds if I'm honest. Reason being I like the filling and healthy aswell and swap between the two.

Hmmm decisions lol

Dan x

How do you find it then with carbs being quite high in pp?

As I'm restarting today I'm in two minds if I'm honest. Reason being I like the filling and healthy aswell and swap between the two.

Hmmm decisions lol

Dan x

I think I've just found a way to manage with my carbs.

At Breakfast, I used to have two slices of the 400g Kingsmill Wholemeal Wholemeal bread for 4pp but always found by 1030/1100 I was hungry, now I have two slices of 800g Kingsmill Thick 800g Wholemeal, far better value at 5pp as it keeps me filled up till lunch. I then don't have bread for the rest of the day.

At lunch I have Soup or Salad with Crackerbreads, you get 5 of those for 2pp.

At dinner I have a type of Potato but I'm a Single Parent on a budget so we don't eat much 'real' potato (That sounds terrible I know!) but in my Freezer I have McCain Oven Chips, Asda Frozen Cheesy Mash, Asda Potato Happy Stars, Asda Croquettes and Iceland Alphabet Potato Letters, yes they probably aren't the healthiest but they are cheap and I can manage my portion control.

Let me know what you decide to do :) x

Back