Dolphins' Lipotrim journey

dolphin10

Silver Member
Hi Folks

I am very new to this forum, I was googling reviews for Slimming World when I came across this forum.
There is a wealth of information here, although I was on Slimming World diet, having read on various diets here, I have decided to go for Lipotrim as I am due for an operation a few months time, I thought it would be an idea to lose a stone or so.
I also believe being on Lipotrim will provide me with the discipline I need to watch what I eat.
I am starting today and feel rather apprehensive about just living on liquids. I hadn't appreciated how much comfort we derive from food.
My starting weight was
206 Ibs in February
188 Ibs - now

I will be updating the progress I make in this journal. I am slightly worried about losing my hair which is already thin as I suffer from an underactive thyroid. :)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome good luck with your journey and well done for losing the 1st weightloss. you will get amazing amount of support on here. and myself has an underactive thyroid, i have really thick hair though, if you lose any hair it will only be small amounts so don't panic. :) x

Thank you becci

Hi and welcome good luck with your journey and well done for losing the 1st weightloss. you will get amazing amount of support on here. and myself has an underactive thyroid, i have really thick hair though, if you lose any hair it will only be small amounts so don't panic. :) x
-------------------------------------------
Thank you becci for your kind words. I have a thing about thin hair because I have lost so much already, firstly with having children now suffering from an under active thyroid.
I see you are losing weight on continuous basis which is very encouraging for us newbies. I am being weighed on Thursday, I hope to see some good results.

good luck for you 1st weighing. i do lose my hair and have done since having my 1st child and then the underactive thyroid, but i have got alot of thick hair so it doesn't really bother me, your's will be fine. lost 2lbs this week which i'm happy about as i have been off the diet for the last 2wks. but getting back on track slowly, wish i was losing the big numbers but it's my own fault. let me know how you get on tomorrow x

First weigh in after 4 days

I started Lipotrim diet on Saturday, just been for a weigh in session which can only take place on Thursdays in my local pharmacy, I am delighted with the results, I lost 3.9kg( 6.5 Ibs) in 4 days my week is not ever yet. This is amazing!:jelous: Hey I am a believer.

First day was pretty trying as I did nothing but think of food all day. I didn't realise how much comfort we derive from food, I wasn't hungry but had cravings. I would open the fridge and look in to see what delicious things were in there.:D
I was brought up on 3 meals a day but after I left home things kind of changed, it was matter of eating when you liked and snacks in between. At least this diet will enforce some good habits for the future.

Staring weight 206 Ibs with slimming World

Lipotrim 7th may 2011

Week 1 - 6.5 Ibs :jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous:

wow well done on you loss thats brilliant in 4days. x

I am feeling very cold

wow well done on you loss thats brilliant in 4days. x
--------------------------------------------------
I am still in my first week of Lipotrim, this evening
for the first time, I am feeling really cold almost to the point of shivering. I suppose I had a massive layer of fat insulating my body now that it's being burnt at great speed I am feeling that effects of it.:mad:

Lipotrim 7th may 2011

BMI of 25

I rang Lipotrim's free phone line this morning to find out more about BMI threshold for remaining on TFR.
I was informed that I will be allowed to stay on total food replacement until my BMI reaches 25, thereafter I will be advised to go on REFEED for a week, then maintenance programme will kick in.
This rule only applies to people over 50, younger people can go slight lower than 24 before going on to Refeed.
I am 5' 7" in height which means once I reach 11 st and 6Ibs I will to go on Refeed.
I think it makes sense because with over 50 people there is the issue of bone structure.:D

Lipotrim 7th may 2011

Last edited:
I am on my 8th day

It's my 8 th day I thought I'd post this up date. I'm feeling pleased with this diet, having lost 6 lbs on my first weigh in, I have dropped another 3 lbs( this is unofficial, I weighted myself in Boots yesterday).

I know that a lot of this is glycogen and water but the weight loss has motivated me to continue. 16 Ibs wieght loss is not to be sniffed upon.

I have to say last night I felt very light headed for few hours, I can't put this down to Lipotrim because I had similar dizziness experience a few months ago. On that particular day my blood pressure up and I put that down to my weight at the time.

I'm missing food and I think about food constantly, however I do enjoy my vanilla and strawberry shakes. I realise I have to adopt the attitude that the food will be there in a few months when I've finished the diet and I will be able to enjoy delicious meals then with much slimmer figure.:D

I was talking to my daughter last night who was pleased that I was doing something about my weight. Without meaning to be unkind she said that she has never known me to be slim. She stated that she has seen photographs of me with a slimmer figure, wouldn't it be nice for my kids to see that their mother has enough will power and motivation to do something about her weight?

I am learning about myself too. One thing I know is that I used to snack purely out of habit. Every time I went past the food cupboard something would go in my mouth. I believe now is the time to soul search and recognise the bad habits and plan ahead.

Only a few months ago I was a stone heavier, I have managed to get rid of the fat. The scale are not lying, the surplus fat has gone.:D I'm really pleased that I found Minimins and that I decided to go for Lipotrim despite my reservations about hair loss. Early days but I feel the diet is going really well and my goal weight feels achievable. :D

That's brilliant, and you have some great goals there for motivation! :D

9th day

:DI am on my 9th day and it seems like enternity:sigh: Yesterday was difficult we had some friends over although I remained 100%, the temptation wasn't far off.

I don't feel as thirsty as I felt last week, I am keeping up with my daily intake of 2 litres plus for shakes and black tea.
I've got so much "flab" around my stomach which I detest. I wonder now, how the hell I ever got to this state in the first place. Odd stone or so is not too bad to shift but when you have over 5 stones to lose then it seems uphill all the way. Anyway, I am on the track it is up to me now!

well done for being 100% for 9 days, the weight will soon start to fall off and your stomach will soon shrink. you are doing brill. x

Well done on your weight loss, keep up the good work:happy096:

Well done on your weight loss, keep up the good work:happy096:
------------------------------------------------
Thank you Mini

day 10

I can't believe I am into day 10 already, my weigh in is not till Thursday, I feel I have shed more fat.:)

Last night I felt slightly down, lacking in energy and generally felt lousy. I decided to go to bed early and slept over the bad feelings, this morning I feel fine again.
I have just been for physiotherapy session for my leg, when I informed them that I feel so much better after shedding a stone combined with the excercises I did, they decided to discharge me. I don't know whether that is a good thing.:sigh:
Hopefully these days will turn into weeks and then months, my stomach will shrink, I will no longer have that flab hanging over my stomach. I know it sounds disgusting but it needs to be written down so it's a reminder for me in the future.:D

Day 11

I am into day 11, I feel I am settling into a routine now. I had a good day yesterday, although food is often on my mind, I am getting used to seeing my family eat.
I am not tempted, I can cope with the nice smell, it is wonderful to see pounds dropping off. First few weeks is water and glycogen then the FAT burning process will start. I am going for a weigh in tomorrow, I can't wait for the results.
My pharmacist was telling me that no one stays on the diet for more than 2 weeks, well I am going to prove her wrong :D

2nd weigh in

I went for my 2nd weigh in this morning and pleased to report I lost 1.7 kg which is roughly 3.75 Ibs. I think there is an error in my ticker, altogether I have lost 19 Ibs. Somewhere along the line there has been an error, it appears that I lost nearly 9 Ibs last week, that can't be right. My pharmacy scales are in kilos, I have converted kilos into pounds in round numbers.

Starting Weight with Slimming World 14 st 10 Ibs Feb 2011

5th May - 90.3kg - 14 st 2 Ibs ( round numbers)
Week 1 - 87.4 kg - 13 st 7 Ibs
Week 2- 85.7 kg - 13 st 5 Ibs

Last edited:
Day 15

I am already into day 15, I can't believe how fast the time has gone. The last few days have been much easier, I haven't been thinking about food as much.
I am liking the " new me".
Shedding 19 Ibs can make such a difference to your figure. I feel much lighter now, I don't feel as tired, however, I do feel cold most of the time. I am drinking more than 2 litres of water each day, I wake up at night feeling thirsty. Being on LT is becoming way of life. Slightly worried about my hair but for now plodding on!:D

Last edited:
day 17

I am on day 17 now, I feel I have come long way since I started, I didn't think I would be able to do LT but here I am more than 19 Ibs down already. I had a peaky look at the scales yesterday, it appeared I had lost another 4 Ibs but I am not taking that as a correct weight, I will wait till Thursday for my weigh in session to make my weight official.
The drinks are palatable, I like strawberry flavour, stopped taking vanilla. I am drinking 2-4 litres of water per day. I also drink 3-4 cups of black tea. My blood pressure and sugar levels are down ( I am not diabetic, I like to keep an eye on my blood sugar because of the access weight).
I think either I am going to have to adjust my clothes or buy new ones, they look bit baggy on me now.
Hopefully, this is going to be my routine till July. It was my son's birthday yesterday, I was proud of myself as I wasn't slightly tempted. I didn't even feel hungry, how good is that? This is not to say that I don't struggle with inner demons, on those days my strong will power gets me through. Life is going to be much better from now, even with this weight I feel good. People are noticing!:D

Hi Dolphin! Your doing great! It's so fantastic to read how positive your are and how far you've come! I must admit i cant stomach the strawberry shakes so i live on the chocolate ones! Fantastic about your sons birthday and not being tempted :) It's so brilliant with the clothing and then people noticing it isn't it! Keep going strong :)

Tc X

Back