Domestic goddess-ness

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Hello all

As I think I've mentioned 400-500 times, I am no cook, and pre-Atkins could only cope with just a few simple recipes, like...toast, for example :eek:

So thought I would share my eventful day in the kitchen! I've been scouring the Just Recipes thread and got stuck in today -

- tuna patties
- celeriac dauphinoise
- butter chicken

And the results were pretty good (probably because the recipes are foolproof :D).

They didn't go all my way...with the tuna patties, I was halfway through adding feta (wait for it) when I realised I was following Bren's meatballs and feta recipe (goodness know what my brain was thinking!). Persevered and they were v nice except for the explosive amount of chilli I put in! Had three for lunch on a bed of rocket with a squirt of mayo on top.

I've just had butter chicken with lettuce for dinner, and it was fab - and so easy, even I could do it and not muck it up! :D

Also made the celeriac (which I've never had before) dauphinoise - which looks lovely - and then quelle horreur :eek: realised that celeriac is 15g carbs per 100g - so will have to cut it into very small squares and freeze it for treats.

Next challenge before I conquer Everest is to try an oopsie!:D

Susie

Well done, sounds great. Don't fret over celeriac 100g raw is only 2.3g & cooked 1.9g. So enjoy it. I've made lovely 'chips' to go with steak. Cut into chip lumps, par boil & fry. Lush :D

I've never tried the butter chicken, so I will now go & have a look at it on the recipe thread x

Oh Sharon you are a wonder to tell me this - just had a tsp of the dauphinoise and "lush" is right! Highly recommended! :)

Susie x

what's an oopsie?

ahh I had seen people mentioning them but didn't know what they are. Sadly I don't like cheese, but I do like the idea of a roll that's low carb

Hi Tri

It's a gluten free roll made with eggs, cream cheese and cream of tartar. There are lots of recipes out there but I thought I'd try this one (because it sounded the simplest lol) -

Your Lighter Side...: The Sailor Scouts make my Revol-oopsie rolls!

Susie

Hi I made these and I have to say that I really didn't like them (but don't let that put you off!) but they had a really cheesy centre and didn't taste anything like a bread roll. Maybe I did something wrong? How did yours come out?
Maybe I should try a MIMs instead?
Anyway well done with you culinary efforts they sound lovely!

Hi Flutter

Mims I really like - 30g flax seed ground in a bowl (I use a square plastic dish), 1/4 tsp baking powder, an egg, herbs - mix up well with a fork, then I add about 1/4-1/2 cup water - then chuck in the microwave for 3 mins.

Tip out and let it cool, then slice and toast. Yummy with a fried egg on it.

Susie x

Hi Flutter

Mims I really like - 30g flax seed ground in a bowl (I use a square plastic dish), 1/4 tsp baking powder, an egg, herbs - mix up well with a fork, then I add about 1/4-1/2 cup water - then chuck in the microwave for 3 mins.

Tip out and let it cool, then slice and toast. Yummy with a fried egg on it.

Susie x

Oh thanks that sounds more like it! Will get some flax seed and make some - can they freeze do you know? Saw mention of a MIMs pannini and now have a craving for one of those! x

Yep you can make a load up and freeze them. Keep the flaxseed in the fridge - and check out the thread on flax - lots of good info and ideas there.

Also, try the cocoa ones with cream for a sweet treat :)

Ohhh yes, I love MIM's of many varieties yum yum

Have you tried Mims yet Tri? They are lovely, a bit like bread, not a whiff of cheese in sight and easy peasy.

i LOVE butter chicken, am going to have to try that recipe!!

OOpsies are fab, they dont taste of cheese at all and are light and fluffy like bread, they dont make a roll as you would have as a bread roll, BUT i spread the oopsie mixture out on a large tray and cook, i then clice into bread size pieces......great for a sausage sarnie, or cheese on otast, or a quick pizza....really versatile, you need to try them to know they are not cheesy....

mims? mmm cook, slice thinly then toast, great for use as a cracker with pate/cheese mmmmm

I'll definately give them a go if I can make them without cheese.

you cant make them without cheese hun, its only philly cheese and you cant taste it honest lol xx

Ooooh, might make them myself - I need bready things. :)

Back