Doner Meat Not Induction Friendly!! Gutted

ChubbyMonkey

I've always thought and read on here that doner meat is fine to have whilst doing atkins. After browsing the web and reading figures such as 71g of carbs per 350g of meat I thought I'd try and find out more.

I then saw some frozen doner meat (no pita just meat) and it said on the packet 8.1g of carbs per 100g (which is not a lot when you get a porting of meat from the kebab shop).

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Sorry to ruin your day but i'll try and stay clear of this!

Hi ChubbyMonkey

I've always thought and read on here that doner meat is fine to have whilst doing atkins. After browsing the web and reading figures such as 71g of carbs per 350g of meat I thought I'd try and find out more.

I then saw some frozen doner meat (no pita just meat) and it said on the packet 8.1g of carbs per 100g (which is not a lot when you get a porting of meat from the kebab shop).

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Sorry to ruin your day but i'll try and stay clear of this!

Stay well away from donner meat, especially the frozen one. It's full of FAT and SERIOUS CRAP.:jelous:

Well full of fat is just fine.

Personally I wouldn't eat the meat from the big elephant leg things as I'd suspect it has filler mixed in. I only get shish kebab on the very rare occasion I have one, because its just chunks of whole meat. Salad and garlic mayo, no pitta.

From what I can look up, one brand 'snacksters' kebab meat has 5.9g per 100g and one has 16g - so its probably very hit and miss.

100g may be more than you think though - I wouldn't think you'd get more than 100-150g actual meat in a standard kebab.

Stay safe with shish!

I've had doner meat first week, and then third week and I lost so not sure really - I suppose everyone is different and remember Daddy Jim saying it was okay and he had it from the kebab shop so I just followed suit lol

There is a recipe on here for making your own with minced lamb & herbs, baked in a bread tin. Seriously good & you can eat it with salad & a LC pitta. You just have to wait until you get home to pig on it :D

Back