not sure if its allowed on induction but this is delish!

ive done the rose elliot veggie low carb diet for a bit before i started eatin meat again, same principle, 20carbs or less a day, but you are allowed almond flour.....not sure if you can have it on atkins or not in induction? as long as you dont go over your cab count i cant see why not

so i roasted a chicken in the oven then made up a batter n fried them.

the batter consists of almond flour, salt, vinager, a little baking powder and water. make it quite thick, dip your chicken pieces in it n fry in hot hot oil. Had it with cauli mash, it was delicious!! so thought i would share. Just have to watch the carb count in the almond flour as i have some which is 6g per 100g my friend has some thats a whoppin 13g per 100g!! not sure why theres so much difference!

is that white vinegar or malt? also do you know rough quantities?

i used malt, not sure which one is better on atkins? it just says vinager on the atkins site i think?

i didnt really measure, i had some left over but id say about 80g of almond flour, about 3 shakes of vinagar (you can always add more, i put too much in thats why i upped the almond flour) half a tea spoon of salt ( again add less at first n taste) 1 egg, n just as much water to make it into a thick paste. It really is trial and error cos ive never done it before. Tried it with marrow first which was better than the chicken! but it didnt stick very well

i considered makin it with flaxmeal instead of almond flour but i wasnt so keen

Back