Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

Donkey, I bought cottage cheese! Gonna try or tomorrow on a baked potato because today is an original plan day. Hope today is going well! Xx

donkeysaurusrex am here to subscribe.....will try my best to catch up on the posts, best of luck

Donkey, I bought cottage cheese! Gonna try or tomorrow on a baked potato because today is an original plan day. Hope today is going well! Xx

I shall make a convert of you yet!! ;)

Well this sucks, I put a pound ON. I don't really know how it happened but I do feel bloated, all nasty and generally run down so I did half expect it. So now I'm 1.5 away from my stone which I should have got this week :grumble:
Can't say I'm very bothered, I feel horrible today, head is killing me and I have an exam tomorrow so it's low priority, just hope it doesn't happen again next week.

Well this sucks, I put a pound ON. I don't really know how it happened but I do feel bloated, all nasty and generally run down so I did half expect it. So now I'm 1.5 away from my stone which I should have got this week :grumble:
Can't say I'm very bothered, I feel horrible today, head is killing me and I have an exam tomorrow so it's low priority, just hope it doesn't happen again next week.

It must be so tough for you with all the late night study sessions and headaches etc. I would think you'll have a really good loss next week though, sometimes when you are run down it can be hard to shift but your body will catch up to you soon enough. Just try and stay positive, your hard work will pay off!

Hi Donkey
Well Ive read through majority of thread, well done you, you are doing fantastic, you have a lot on your plate at the moment. Regarding your 1lb gain this week, look at the bigger picture its still a loss of 12.5lbs over 5 weeks, averaging 2.5lb per week, thats BRILLIANT!!!! Keep up the good work.

Just doesn't sound right does it?!
You're going to New Yooooork tomorrowwww ;)

I know, had a super stressful day today but all done now so gonna have a few hours sleep, gettin picked up at 5:15 in the morning. So sorry to hear about your gain, will definitely be off next week with a few extra. Good luck with your exams.

I know it sucks when you've been 100% on plan then you don't get a loss. It's probably happened to all of us here but the important thing is the bigger picture. You've had a fantastic loss so far. Plus, our bodies do strange things to us when it's TOTM or when we're stressed and exhausted or when it just feels like it! (Trust me I'm a doctor... Lol) You'll see a good loss next week :).

All the best for tomorrow!

It must be so tough for you with all the late night study sessions and headaches etc. I would think you'll have a really good loss next week though, sometimes when you are run down it can be hard to shift but your body will catch up to you soon enough. Just try and stay positive, your hard work will pay off!

Hi Donkey
Well Ive read through majority of thread, well done you, you are doing fantastic, you have a lot on your plate at the moment. Regarding your 1lb gain this week, look at the bigger picture its still a loss of 12.5lbs over 5 weeks, averaging 2.5lb per week, thats BRILLIANT!!!! Keep up the good work.

Sorry to hear of your gain Donkey, keep plugging away at it and the loss may show next week. If you're feeling bloated and rubbish then you can see where it's come from xx

I know, had a super stressful day today but all done now so gonna have a few hours sleep, gettin picked up at 5:15 in the morning. So sorry to hear about your gain, will definitely be off next week with a few extra. Good luck with your exams.

I know it sucks when you've been 100% on plan then you don't get a loss. It's probably happened to all of us here but the important thing is the bigger picture. You've had a fantastic loss so far. Plus, our bodies do strange things to us when it's TOTM or when we're stressed and exhausted or when it just feels like it! (Trust me I'm a doctor... Lol) You'll see a good loss next week :).

All the best for tomorrow!

Thank you all lovely people ;)
Have to be honest and say I've capitalised on the gain and gone off plan. Nothing overly bad but for example after my exam today I went to subway and got a turkey salad with sauce and quavers - still very sensible but I'm not synning anything. Bigger things to worry about right now so I'm eating what I want within reason. I realise this could easily equal another gain but I WILL get back on, I've already paid lol. Still no idea how I put that pound on, nowhere near totm or anything but I can't really expect to be staying up so late, taking a mass of meds that make it harder to lose weight and not really look after myself and still lose I guess.
Exams are more important right now and the weight is a longer journey, and the type of pain I'm getting suggests I need to eat more, drink more and sleep more. Well, I can't really sleep more just now but I can do the other two! Even if I stay on plan too much free food will put weight on so I'm going for what I want rather and cravings being satisfied quickly rather than chowing down on tonnes of grilled chicken or whatever and still wanting other stuff.

Check me, I'm super chilled about it all - before sw I would have demolished an entire batch of whatever was going cheap in the outlet cadbury factory shop down the road by now :p

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Just made veg curry with enough for leftovers, going to make a few other freezer friendly bits for the next week too - It got to 5pm and I hadn't eaten today and alarmingly I considered just not bothering. I don't have snack food in right now and the thought of actually cooking was kind of overwhelming but I forced myself to make a salad and chicken sandwich. Whenever I'm stressed or low or whatever my attitude to food is obviously worse but not bothering to eat is not ok and not going to help me achieve my goals. Slap on the wrist to me.

Got a ton of packages today from my online shopping rampage last week and expecting more. The idea is that they're just going to sit there until exams are done and I can commence my movie marathon. Also got a 2nd meerkat toy and it seems from the email that another is on its way. First of all it went missing in the post, took months to finally get delivered and now I'm being inundated with baby oleg toys! Just taken a look on ebay and people are actually paying around 25 quid for them though - Know what I'll be doing in the morning!

Hey there how's today going? Hope you're ok. What movies have you ordered? So much to look forward Donkey!

Hey there how's today going? Hope you're ok. What movies have you ordered? So much to look forward Donkey!

Hey :) Things are ok, just waiting for the time to pass :p I've ordered 4 box sets of True Blood that I didn't have yet, Catching Fire, Generation Kill, the MIB box set, A swedish movie called Let the right one in (better than the US remake 'let me in'), What maisie knew, Little miss sunshine, Ted, umm...some others I can't remember too! Most of my film collection is at my parents' house and they have basically claimed it as their own/have no idea where most of it has gone so I'm rebuilding it lol. Also ordered a ton of books and now I'm going to have to get a new bookcase because my current one is barely holding up under the weight as it is hah.
Definitely looking forward to the end of exams! I have actually stuck a list of 'stuff to do when I'm free' up on my wall - it is spanning 2 A4 sheets right now! Funny how we get super motivated and inspired to do other things when there is something else pressing to be getting on with ;)

How are you getting on?

Donkey - this is such a brave post. To write that all down must have been so hard but at the same time, such a relief perhaps. I am so glad you felt able to share your story and I just want to let you know that I appreciate it very much. I really hope that your weight loss journey is a positive experience for you and I think posting here is a really good thing as it makes us feel connected with others. My plan is to come on here and write down whenever I am feeling low or that I might self-sabotage or to admit if I have. I am hoping it will make me more accountable to myself and stop me from kidding myself that I've not cheated! lol. People on here seem great! I really do wish you all the best of luck. x

OMG the original "let the right one in" is amazing! I'm really glad someone else knows about it!

Ughhhh I've feel like I've screwed up. It was my birthday on Thursday and people wanted to take me out/have me over for dinner etc so I basically have had 3 days off plan. I really really didn't want the 3 days because I was doing so well and I don't actually miss my pre-slimming world diet. Anyway, I'd accepted that I should just enjoy my birthday festivities - it's only once a year but however I try to put a positive slant on it, I'm not ready for the gain the scales will show tomorrow. *sigh*. I screwed it up though because I'd planned to only be off plan for 4 meals over the 3 days but yesterday I got back from a horrendous shift and ate a load of ginger nuts and a chocolate bar. I really didn't need them but I had them. I think that's what I'm most disappointed in myself with because I'd had 7 weeks 100% on plan. Oh well, onwards and weight downwards. Back on plan today!

OMG the original "let the right one in" is amazing! I'm really glad someone else knows about it!

Ughhhh I've feel like I've screwed up. It was my birthday on Thursday and people wanted to take me out/have me over for dinner etc so I basically have had 3 days off plan. I really really didn't want the 3 days because I was doing so well and I don't actually miss my pre-slimming world diet. Anyway, I'd accepted that I should just enjoy my birthday festivities - it's only once a year but however I try to put a positive slant on it, I'm not ready for the gain the scales will show tomorrow. *sigh*. I screwed it up though because I'd planned to only be off plan for 4 meals over the 3 days but yesterday I got back from a horrendous shift and ate a load of ginger nuts and a chocolate bar. I really didn't need them but I had them. I think that's what I'm most disappointed in myself with because I'd had 7 weeks 100% on plan. Oh well, onwards and weight downwards. Back on plan today!

Woop someone else knows!! I love it so much. I am thinking about learning a bit of Swedish because some cool stuff comes out of that country!
I know exactly what you mean about not missing your past diet and not wanting to go off plan BUT the important thing is that you are going back to wi. You have lost a really good amount already so there's nothing to stop you getting off any gain and even though there's the whole 'fake positivity' thing that you kind of have to subscribe to in group (if you know what I mean) it's natural to feel disheartened and the next week's loss puts the negative feeling behind you really quickly :)

The gingernuts and chocolate episodes are going to happen! 7 weeks is amazing to stay on plan and whatever the result this week, you weigh significantly less than you did when you started! Super brave for getting back on the scales, and you haven't sabotaged yourself at all, which is what i'd do! Onwards and downwards and all that!

Donkey - this is such a brave post. To write that all down must have been so hard but at the same time, such a relief perhaps. I am so glad you felt able to share your story and I just want to let you know that I appreciate it very much. I really hope that your weight loss journey is a positive experience for you and I think posting here is a really good thing as it makes us feel connected with others. My plan is to come on here and write down whenever I am feeling low or that I might self-sabotage or to admit if I have. I am hoping it will make me more accountable to myself and stop me from kidding myself that I've not cheated! lol. People on here seem great! I really do wish you all the best of luck. x

Aww thank you so much ZenDogNine :) Honestly it was a bit emotional to write but I was more concerned that people might think I was whining and making excuses - fortunately it seems to resonate with some people and I really hope my writing it all down can help someone.
I agree about posting here - although I'm not on so regularly just now because of exams I find it incredibly helpful and it holds me to account. I feel like even though I'm not really on plan right now, by still checking in here and catching up with what's going on with different people, I'm far more likely to head straight back on to plan when all of this is done.
Do you have a diary? Best of luck to you too!

Back