Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

Yaaaayyyy! Hi donkey! Happy new year!

Best day of my life donkey, I feel so weird now it's over! How was your Christmas?

Best day of my life donkey, I feel so weird now it's over! How was your Christmas?

Ahh so glad it went well for you :) Christmas was good thanks but being back at work is a killer!

Going to group in a while, hoping to just wipe the history clean and start over now.

Went to group last night and rejoined - chose to wipe all my history clean and start over. Really glad I decided to go, I forgot how much group inspires me to get on with the plan sometimes. I was initially worried about going but sooo many people turned up doing the same thing. There was no going round the group to discuss WI results either thankfully. I know one lady was devastated that she'd put on 10 pounds, which is far more than I did (somehow) but there was absolutely no judgement or shame - new year, new slate and all that. Such a lovely atmosphere.

I was really pleased with my WI, unexpectedly. I am only half a pound under the next stone bracket but seeing the number made me very pleased. I haven't really put much on after all, although I am horribly bloated and feel bigger. Silly as it is the current first number means that by losing 1 stone I will be in a stone bracket I haven't been in for quite a while! Seems achievable and not as far away as when I started, when I was 2 stone brackets up. I had a moment's regret at starting afresh with no data because I could have got my 2 stone and club 10 etc quicker but I needed a completely new start.

Haven't had time to really go through the book and have a look at this SP business yet and was too tired to take much in at group last night but I will look this weekend. I'm going to be working from home on Tuesdays from February so I can go to the 5.30 rather than the 7.30. Could possibly do the 3.30 too in my lunch hour but then I'd miss part of the group. I'll see, but things are positive right now. So glad I joined last year even if I really didn't lose much weight with all the ups and downs, because the psychological impact of the lower stone bracket has done wonders and that's a stone I don't have to get through this year! No festivities to get in my way for a while either.
Won't be going next week as I have a botox appointment with my neurologist but hopefully the 2 week result will be good!

Did EE today, lots of chicken, fruit, veg, a couple of rocky roads for HexB and a babybel light for HeA. Hoping my poor stomach starts to settle down soon because it has suffered over Christmas and I feel pretty horrible a lot of the time - I need the SW goodness!

Well done donkey! Great to see you so positive about things. I really need to get back on plan!

Hi Donkey, I hope you don't mind me subscribing to your feed. I've just rejoined group myself to sort my disordered eating and weight gain after surgery. Your journey has been inspiring so far. Keep up the good work!

Hi Donkey, I hope you don't mind me subscribing to your feed. I've just rejoined group myself to sort my disordered eating and weight gain after surgery. Your journey has been inspiring so far. Keep up the good work!

Hiya, not at all, thank you and welcome! I've had a snoop through your posts and you're doing really well! Slimming World to me is the best thing for teaching us how we're meant to eat and even though I've been off plan for some time before now, my eating hasn't been nearly as bad as it was before I first joined. Sure we will do great this year!

Had a good week so far - been on plan and flexi synned today as had takeaway. I bought the food directory for this year and am planning a shop with it - makes things so much easier, I definitely recommend getting it if you haven't already! Going to buy the snacks 5 syns and under next time I'm at group too. Lunch at work tends to consist of chicken and salad and I snack on cherry tomatoes, carrots, grapes, pineapple, melon and strawberries. However I'm feeling a bit iffy with all that atm, IBS isn't appreciative of it I guess so I'm going to try to bulk up my lunch with a bit more variation and not snack constantly through using the book.
Going well thus far anyway!

The directories are great but I keep forgetting to take them shopping with me! How has your weekend been? Today is my last day off plan (18 days in total). I'm not going to weigh in for two weeks though because I don't want to regret being off plan for my wedding and minimoon! Are you fully settled into work now?

The directories are great but I keep forgetting to take them shopping with me! How has your weekend been? Today is my last day off plan (18 days in total). I'm not going to weigh in for two weeks though because I don't want to regret being off plan for my wedding and minimoon! Are you fully settled into work now?

Ah see I either do an online shop so I know what I'm getting in advance (stops impulse purchases that could trigger binges) or like today I went out for a fresh veg shop with a list of things I've already looked up in the book, so that made it easier.
No regrets Timmi - look how amazingly well you've done on the run up to your wedding, then you got married! A little gain is absolutely nothing and you had an amazing day :) But I of course totally understand not weighing in for a couple of weeks, we know what seeing the numbers can do!

I am settled now - had a run in with my manager the day before Christmas Eve but it was entirely justified and he doesn't seem to have held any grudge (he's not really management material, which was part of the run in lol, but he's a lovely guy otherwise) so whilst the first week back was exhausting beyond belief I'm doing well. Workload is insane but I do enjoy it and hey, it pays the bills right?! How is your masters course going?

I'm good and I see you're doing fab :) do you recommend the directory then?

Pleased to hear it :) Did you have a good Christmas? How is everything going?

I would definitely recommend the directory. I went out to do a shop today - made a list having gone through the directory last night to see what branded things are low in syns. I was quite surprised actually, some things I thought were free aren't and some are much lower syns than I expected. It's definitely worth a look. I'll take a photo of a couple of pages in my next post. Also like I said earlier, I struggle a bit at work with just free and superfree but am a bit wary of syns, especially when there's a huuuuge tesco right over the road - it's been easier to stay away completely - but the directory lays it out quite clearly. I'm going to get the 5 syns and under book too - hoping the variety will keep me on track as I suspect I felt a tad deprived before, when I really didn't need to.

Been on plan all week (flexi synned yesterday) so it's going well. Today I did a huge shop at aldi for only £30 - I was astounded, might have to go there more often. It was full of free and superfree and some synned bits that I'd looked up in the directory but will last me quite a while. Then I went to Sainsburys because I needed things I couldn't get in aldi and it came to £25 for a tiny fraction of the stuff! Shame aldi don't deliver!

I made SW scotch eggs this evening as I've been wanting to try them for a long time - they're huge and delicious! 1 1/2 syns each. Had one hot and left the rest to eat cold for lunch - trying to mix things up for work - and these are both filling and satisfying!
photo (40).jpg

I'm going to try to make falafel and houmous at some point - sampling the little book of lunches! The only difficulty has been that I only have a handheld blender at the moment because my proper one has vanished into thin air, and it takes much longer to make these things that way. Might have to get a new one if these recipes go down well. I also intend to try the chicken and mango relish and the mexican slaw - still can't quite get my head around eating so much good stuff and losing weight so hopefully trying lots of new things will fix that. I did have some thoughts of fasting again before I rejoined so just need to get back into the swing of things to get rid of useless thoughts like that.

Couple of pictures of pages in the directory so people can see what it is exactly:

photo (41).jpgimage (3).jpg

Attachments

• photo (41).jpg
    photo (41).jpg
    940.8 KB · Views: 28
Back