Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

Omg those eggs look amazin, are they easy to make?

Can only see 1 pic of the book, will try again.

4 eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil for 5-6 minutes. Once boiled plunge into cold water and wait for another 5 minutes then peel them.
Blend 400g lean pork steak and 125g of bacon with curry powder, dried herbs (I used parsley, salt, freshly ground pepper, oregano and a general mix) until it's quite smooth.
Flatten a portion of the meat and wrap it around an egg - I pinched the edges together to seal it and rolled it a bit to make it smooth and even.
Have your breadcrumbs ready on a plate. Dip each wrapped egg in beaten egg mix and then roll it in the breadcrumbs.
Spray a tray with frylight and each egg, place on the tray and bake for about 20 minutes at Gas mark 6. They should come out golden brown and DELICIOUS!

I'll reupload some pics tomorrow, my computer went a bit funny this time round. The directory is very worth having though!

Attachments

• photo (41).jpg
    photo (41).jpg
    935.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    906.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 26
Thank you Rosie - how have you been? How are things going for you?

Not too bad thank you! I've been a bit up n down weight wise but now Xmas is over the wedding countdown has begun! I want to get to target and maintain so have some fresh determination. I'm doing dry January in the hope it will help!
How are you finding work? You sound busy busy! X

Ahh I'm glad you enjoy work! I miss work as i don't have a training post at the moment so I'm just picking up ad hoc A&E shifts where I can. The MA was super tough to do while I was still working but now I'm off until after my operation, I have a bit of leeway. I've got an assignment due in a week today but I've got an A&E shift on Wednesday plus a few other things in-between! Sometimes I wonder why I took this on! Did an online Sainsbury's shop yesterday to prepare me for going back to SW and it cost an absolute fortune : £160! :eek:. Got the shopping to arrive early this morning so I can get straight on plan with breakfast, but I went out for a "last supper" with my bridesmaids last night and ate so much I still feel quite sick and full this morning. *sigh*. Hopefully I'll feel better by gym time this evening. Have a great Monday donkey x

PS those scotch eggs look A-MAY-ZING

Ahh I'm glad you enjoy work! I miss work as i don't have a training post at the moment so I'm just picking up ad hoc A&E shifts where I can. The MA was super tough to do while I was still working but now I'm off until after my operation, I have a bit of leeway. I've got an assignment due in a week today but I've got an A&E shift on Wednesday plus a few other things in-between! Sometimes I wonder why I took this on! Did an online Sainsbury's shop yesterday to prepare me for going back to SW and it cost an absolute fortune : £160! :eek:. Got the shopping to arrive early this morning so I can get straight on plan with breakfast, but I went out for a "last supper" with my bridesmaids last night and ate so much I still feel quite sick and full this morning. *sigh*. Hopefully I'll feel better by gym time this evening. Have a great Monday donkey x

PS those scotch eggs look A-MAY-ZING

Ooh, did you enjoy your last supper and get back on plan? I still feel sick from the food on Tuesday so I feel your pain lol. It can cost a fortune but I decided to try a whole shop in Aldi this time and it was sooo cheap! It's still going strong too, not gone off like I was warned, but I think I might try to bulk cook this weekend for lunches just to make sure.
Hope the assignment is coming along ok? I wouldn't have the dedication to do it alongside working, forget A&E! Must be crazy! I was at my neurology appointment on Tuesday and my doctor was talking about some of the insane/stupid people and things he and his friends have seen in A&E - you need a sense of humour by the sound of it!

And why thank you :D I'm really rather proud of those scotch eggs. The only problem is that I just wanted to wolf them all down at once, they're so good straight out of the oven!!

Not too bad thank you! I've been a bit up n down weight wise but now Xmas is over the wedding countdown has begun! I want to get to target and maintain so have some fresh determination. I'm doing dry January in the hope it will help!
How are you finding work? You sound busy busy! X

Oooh countdown, exciting!! That should give you some serious motivation! I'm not a big drinker so dry January wouldn't do much for me but I have friends doing it to drop a few pounds alone, hopefully it works for you :)

Work is good but yes, definitely busy! Been out of the office this week until today and the state of my inbox almost sent me into shock lol. But it is interesting and will see me through til uni!

That's fab, thanks donkey. The book looks good too, might get it so can get some new inspiration

Might be worth it - I'm hoping all the ideas in it will stop me getting bored and binging, and it seems to be working so far :)

So I've been well and truly off plan for some of this week! Got a lift down to my parents' house Monday evening and the stop in tesco to pick up dinner did not help to keep on plan lol. Had my botox appointment on Tuesday and met up with a friend afterwards. We went to pizza hut as it was closest and that lead to cheesy nachos with sour cream and salsa, bbq pizza, salad, unlimited refills on fizzy drinks and ice cream factory :eek:
I can't eat ice cream without suffering for it but it was tooootally worth it -loved piling sweets on top of it :p

Anyway back to work today and I've been on plan - salad and grapes during the day and had lemon, lime and chilli chicken stir fry with cottage cheese for dinner. Not sure I'll lose anything this week given what I've eaten but I'm back on it anyway. Just as well because I know we're ordering office wide chop n wok tomorrow before going to a conference with a buffet and free drinks afterwards :giggle:

Your post made me smile. Life and off-plan happens but you enjoy it then get back to plan!

My week on plan so far has been fine but I don't really like Extra Easy SP. I'm sticking to it but definitely couldn't do more than 7 days at a time which is fine I suppose because they don't recommend any longer.

While I may be on track for food I'm definitely not on track for my Monday deadline :(. Extra easy SP while doing all-nighters this weekend will not be fun.

Yeah a&e is quite funny sometimes but it's such a rewarding job. It's nowhere near as bad as the media are making out. Picked up 7 shifts for between the deadline and my operation - probably not wise. Lol.

What do you have planned for the weekend? Sounds like work is going well and you've made some friends?

I lost 7.5 but that's over 10 days, pretty pleased as I've guzzled 4 bottles of cold medecine in that time and I normally don't lose when I take the stuff, prob due to all the sugar.

Goin to buy the food directory when I get paid next week :)

How you gettin on?

Your post made me smile. Life and off-plan happens but you enjoy it then get back to plan!

My week on plan so far has been fine but I don't really like Extra Easy SP. I'm sticking to it but definitely couldn't do more than 7 days at a time which is fine I suppose because they don't recommend any longer.

While I may be on track for food I'm definitely not on track for my Monday deadline :(. Extra easy SP while doing all-nighters this weekend will not be fun.

Yeah a&e is quite funny sometimes but it's such a rewarding job. It's nowhere near as bad as the media are making out. Picked up 7 shifts for between the deadline and my operation - probably not wise. Lol.

What do you have planned for the weekend? Sounds like work is going well and you've made some friends?

I'm not a fan of SP either - It doesn't sit well with me as something you could be on all the time - just doesn't seem totally slimming world, if that makes sense? Success Express seems more doable and more balanced.

Hope you're not suffering too much with all your shifts! All nighters would send me spiralling off track no doubt - I've been completely off just with overtime, I should be ashamed lol. Did you meet your deadline?

Work is going well and people are nice so I'm pleased with how things are going :) I do need to get on with taking my tests for the PGCE though!

I lost 7.5 but that's over 10 days, pretty pleased as I've guzzled 4 bottles of cold medecine in that time and I normally don't lose when I take the stuff, prob due to all the sugar.

Goin to buy the food directory when I get paid next week :)

How you gettin on?

That's a great result!! I've not been on track so I am expecting to gain on Tuesday but hopefully I'll do as well as you in the next few weeks.
Have you been poorly? Everyone around me seems to be sniffling and I have no idea how I've managed to avoid it so far.

I hope you'll like the directory - I definitely do!

I have been so off track recently! This is what comes of not going to group - I can't trust myself lol. I have however been very good today - I made falafel and houmous and for dinner I had double baked potato with cottage cheese and chive filling, beans and salad. Part of my downfall has been not making/forgetting to take lunch into work with me. The moment I walk into Tesco at lunch I am off plan! So that's what I need to make an effort to do this week....and also avoid the premature appearance of easter goodies!

I had my botox a while ago and it's definitely working - I have had NO PAIN all day! I had a few minutes of pain last night and that was it - it's pretty miraculous for me! Unfortunately my neurologist does now think I am having temporal lobe seizures so I'll be back at hospital on the 19th Feb for a sleep deprived EEG. I have no problem staying up all night - I'd much rather be nocturnal - but to save holiday I'm working from home after the test and I'm going to be absolutely useless lol. On the plus side I have taken the next day and the Monday off and will be going to the Harry Potter studio tour on the Monday, which should be fun. I'm probably going to stay in London the next day too as I'm working from home but Tuesdays are my SW day so that will be another group missed. I really need to pull myself back on track until then, otherwise I am going to get so off track that in a few months I'll be raging at myself for not being better.

Here's to trying harder this week!

That's a great result!! I've not been on track so I am expecting to gain on Tuesday but hopefully I'll do as well as you in the next few weeks.
Have you been poorly? Everyone around me seems to be sniffling and I have no idea how I've managed to avoid it so far.

I hope you'll like the directory - I definitely do!

Draw a line of you do get a gain but I'm sure it won't be as bad as u think :)

I list 2.5 last week so I'm on 10 now, just have to keep goin. I ordered the directory on Friday along with the free food one so waitin for that to arrive now.

Draw a line of you do get a gain but I'm sure it won't be as bad as u think :)

I list 2.5 last week so I'm on 10 now, just have to keep goin. I ordered the directory on Friday along with the free food one so waitin for that to arrive now.

Great going! Are you following SP?

Great news on the Botox!

Yeah sp isn't for everyone. I don't know why they changed plans that were working so well! When I need a boost I just do original and I get results!

Lunches at work can be the make or break. I'm currently eating soup and a load of fruit for my lunches at work this week. It does the job! You're not a big soup fan though are you? Oooo I love falafel! Bought a load of chick peas yesterday to make a batch to snack on through the week :)

So I last weighed myself 5 weeks ago and never again since because I didn't want to regret my time off plan for Christmas, wedding and minimoon. Weighed myself today after a week of SP and a week of EE/original. I weigh exactly the same! Must've put on a fair amount and managed to lose it in the two weeks back on plan. Really looking forward to losing some more but it'll be so hard as I'll be immobile after my operation in Thursday and I normally exercise 3-4 times per week. Gutted

Donkey! How are you doing? Hope you're ok x

Back