Donna's fighting depression and weight diary!

Oh bless you! Depression is so awful and misunderstood! I worked so hard to overcome mine....trying not to slip back at moment during stressful time as can't afford to miss out on any more happy times. Good luck xx
Thanks Minipark - have you got any tips on beating depression? are you calorie counting as well?

weigh in week two
banana%20dancer.gif
banana%20dancer.gif
banana%20dancer.gif
6lbs loss!!!!
banana%20dancer.gif
banana%20dancer.gif
banana%20dancer.gif

I cant believe you have lost so much - and after worrying about it too

so pleased for you
I too am having sleep problems - I hope yours is due to the toning tables as then you will be fine tomorrow

enjoy the time with your mum
H xx

Wow 6lbs is brilliant. You seem to be doing really well, will give your diary a proper read later. Sense you have the determination to get down to your goal weight and be happy :)

brilliant! more chips for youuuu!

Wow wow wow xxxx
thank u xxx
Woohoo! You are smashing this, Donna!! Well done :)
thank u Erin - hope the move went well - its so freezing did think of you on that ferry
That's amazing!! Well done xx
thank you xxx
I cant believe you have lost so much - and after worrying about it too
so pleased for you
I too am having sleep problems - I hope yours is due to the toning tables as then you will be fine tomorrow
enjoy the time with your mum
H xx
Thanks H - I can't believe it was all set for a gain (I don't do on and off scales all week) but I felt fat and fed up so weighed last night and was 2lb up - so when i got on the
scales this morning I was jumping for joy
Had a lovely morning with mum thanks x
Wow 6lbs is brilliant. You seem to be doing really well, will give your diary a proper read later. Sense you have the determination to get down to your goal weight and be happy :)
Hi Paul - thank you - I will have a look at yours too if you have one x
Wow fabulous loss, so pleased for you and hope your feeling great too x
Thank you v much x
brilliant! more chips for youuuu!
No chips today but having them tomorrow lol
Another fabulous loss well done donna whoop whoop xxxSent from my iPhone using MiniMins
thx Val x

So its bloody freezing here - took Noah to playskool and omg was so cold by time i got back had to walk thru the blizzard, help an umbrellla to Noah the whole way and I felt like I was pushing a 20stone man all the way, its madness last Tuesday I collected Noah in a long sleeved t-shirt it was such a lovely spring day - apparently the forecast is worse overnight and even colder tomorrow

Had a very sleepless night - went to my first toning bed session and I really don't know why I worried so much, there are 6 beds in total and you're on each bed for 10 mins - it was very gentle and I found it a bit boring - but i was with mum so we just chatted and giggled - esp when this v strange old lady kept passing wind!!! we were like two giggling school girls. My bottom felt very firm when I came out - sadly it drooped again within 20 minutes lol.

The went to Town as Mum had a couple of errands to run - omg it was so cold - we were out longer than expected as we kept having to walk around shops to warm up a little, so a lot more exercise than anticipated. Booked for our second session same time tomorrow

Has anybody tried making Betty Crocker with diet coke or lemonade?
Betty Crocker Cake made with Diet Soda Recipe
this is def on my list of things to try - really got a thing for cakes at the mo

Made a few discoveries that are now my fav low cal things:

black forest.png this are amazing but I could easily eat the whole box of 5 ... 84 cals
turkish delight.png91 cals - oh it is so good!

caramel-mallows.jpgthis are so good at 55 cals - you could eat the pack of 6 and get away with it, I prefer the Raspberry Mallows more but I have only found these in Poundland, they have delish raspberry jam running thru them

Monday 11 March 2013
B: Vanilla Slimfast & Banana = 326 cals
banana.pngslimfast.jpg
L
: Warburtons Thin, 20g Cheese, Cherry Tomatoes, Muller Lite Turkish Delight, WW Black Forest Cake = 360 cals
black forest.png turkish delight.png
D
: Sweet Chilli & Garlic Chicken Noodles & Veg = 430 cals

2013-03-11 17.36.48.jpg
Snacks:
5x hot water & lemon
500mls Coke Zero
4x Glasses water
creme egg.png= 180 Cals
= 1,296 / 1290 (+464 Exercise) = 1,754

Exercise Alert:
75 min brisk walk
70 mins toning bed
= 464 Cals
walking.jpg

My Rules:

1. Plan plan plan and plan again - always know what you are having for your next meal
2. Myfitnesspal to log calories/exercise
3. minimims for support, encouragement, focus and motivation
4. No snacking between meals
5. One treat a day
6. Hot water and lemon first drink of the day (have got a bit addicted to this one so I drink about 5-6)
7. Water instead of fizzy drinks - I have found this has really stopped me craving sweet things
8. Move more - I haven't got the confidence to walk into a zumba class but I can go for a walk
9. Don't shop hungry
10. Take time time to eat your dinner - no prize or second helping for the little piggie that finishes first - ENJOY YOUR MEAL!

HELP!!!

I think I should be eating more - although I am loving these big losses - they aren't sustainable longterm

Have been reading thru different diaries and threads on here and mfp and I think I should increase my cals, using this thread:
http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting/202903-answer-how-many-calories-should-i-eat.html
I've worked out I need 2539 cals to maintain

for a 2lb a week weight loss i should reduce by 1000 cals - taking me to 1,539 a day - which is 249 cals more than mfp recommends

HELP! should I do it or will I gain weight - my fear is that I will get stuck and end up having to reduce my cals less than 1000 to get to target (I know its a long way off but I don't want to crash and burn at the final hurdles)

my personal opinion is at your weight age (presumed) you should be eating more - I have thought all a long you werent really eating enough but thought perhaps you were having a few low days
perhaps if you are worried about things you could have 100 more calories each day and 200 more on sat and sunday and see how that goes - if you still lose more than 2lb a week then reevaluate and add in a few more calories a day until you get to lose 2lb a week you are right in that it will give you more to play with later
MFP suggests that you eat back your exercise calories and I dont think you are doing that so you are building in a HUGE deficite of over 4000 calories a week - that might not be healthy and I am unsure if it is sustainable long term

think carefully before you choose to do anything as we all have to do what is right for us - we are not a series of numbers we are all different

hope your sleep soon sorts itself - my I ask how you are before bed and when you do wake up - I know you will get tired but do you feel wired when you wake or do you just wake

Back