Donna's fighting depression and weight diary!

I'm not sure Donna, So I didn't want to just ignore your post.

I would say up them to 1400 I'm sure you will still continue to have good losses then if eventually your loses do start to plateau you can go back to just under 1300 and hope it give your losses a boast again. MFP isn't always accurate I try not to eat back my exercise cals but then I often have treats over the weekend, I would try upping then to 1400 and see how you get on but make sure you burn at least 100 cals per day with exercise x

my personal opinion is at your weight age (presumed) you should be eating more - I have thought all a long you werent really eating enough but thought perhaps you were having a few low days
perhaps if you are worried about things you could have 100 more calories each day and 200 more on sat and sunday and see how that goes - if you still lose more than 2lb a week then reevaluate and add in a few more calories a day until you get to lose 2lb a week you are right in that it will give you more to play with later
MFP suggests that you eat back your exercise calories and I dont think you are doing that so you are building in a HUGE deficite of over 4000 calories a week - that might not be healthy and I am unsure if it is sustainable long term

think carefully before you choose to do anything as we all have to do what is right for us - we are not a series of numbers we are all different

hope your sleep soon sorts itself - my I ask how you are before bed and when you do wake up - I know you will get tired but do you feel wired when you wake or do you just wake

Thanks H am def going to up my cals to 1360 (which is where I started) and see what happens at weigh in on Monday

Re sleeping: I literally go out like a light (unless I am low or worrying about something then I will toss and turn and eventually go downstairs and put tv on) - but I can be awake 45mins later, I would say I am wired when I wake up *early* but then start to feel exhausted about an hour later - i did go back to sleep this morning for about 15 mins but of course kids woke me up and I felt like death til I walked to school. Does that make sense? what about you?

make sure you start keeping a diary of sleep and moods etc
often my head is buzzing and I keep getting thoughts whizzing through that was one out of several that went towards the diagnosis I got
if you see patterns emerging it will give you something to discuss with the doc next time you go

mfp gives me 1360 cals a week but when I did that I sts for the whole month so put mine to 1200 to see what happens
you lost so well last week but that would be dangerous to keep that up
just see what happens its all any of us can do with this weight loss game

Tuesday 11 March 2013
B: Chocolate Slimfast & Banana = 336 cals
82043d1362259358t-donnas-fighting-depression-weight-diary-banana.png
82044d1362059799t-donnas-fighting-depression-weight-diary-slimfast.jpg

L
: Tomato & Chilli Soup, WW Petit Pain, Scape of butter = 181cals
tom and chilli soup.jpg
D
: Cheeseburger, Chips & Salad = 590 cals
2013-03-12 17.13.58.jpg
Snacks:
5x hot water & lemon
500mls Coke Zero
4x Glasses water
= 1,296 / 1290 (+107 Exercise) = 1,397

Exercise Alert:
15 min brisk walk = 107
70 mins toning bed
= 107 Cals

Did you eat those exercise calories if not your net calories were only 1189 and no where near the amount you said you were going to eat at
what I a worried about is what you can cut when the weight loss slows right down
at least if you eat those 100 cals you 'earned' at a later date you can cut them back
for that 100 cals you could have added a little grated cheese to your soup - or some yog/cream swirled through or a couple of ryvita
or you could have treated yourself to a latte or hot chocolate

so what is on your agenda today - its sunny here I am out for a kaydan walk later and then out for coffee this afternoon
quite looking forward to it

hope today is a really good one for you :):)

Did you eat those exercise calories if not your net calories were only 1189 and no where near the amount you said you were going to eat at
what I a worried about is what you can cut when the weight loss slows right down
at least if you eat those 100 cals you 'earned' at a later date you can cut them back
for that 100 cals you could have added a little grated cheese to your soup - or some yog/cream swirled through or a couple of ryvita

so what is on your agenda today - its sunny here I am out for a kaydan walk later and then out for coffee this afternoon

I had a lovely digestive biscuit - it was delish, gotta run cos I am meeting a friend for a walk at 10:30 and then toning beds at 4:45 - catch up at lunchtime

Hi Donna! Your food photos are making me hungry. I like the sound of this actifry gadget, although they seem quite pricey..... I hope you have a good day :)x

Hi hon just wanted to say thanks agin for the support x
Debs - anytime x

eat those exercise calories - perhaps a hot chocolate at bedtime
Couldn't keep my eyes open long enough (sadly it didn't last!)

Lovely day. I must make that soup it looks delicious xx
I am really into soup in this cold weather - but can't see myself eating it once the weather warms up

I had a yummy digestive - been out for a lovely walk - its a lovely sunny day but wrap up warm, the wind is cold!

Love the photos donna- and burger errr yummmmmm :)
They were really nice - asda meat free ones

Hi Donna! Your food photos are making me hungry. I like the sound of this actifry gadget, although they seem quite pricey..... I hope you have a good day :)x
Hi Alli - I know what you mean about price - |I have wanted one for ages - but my cooker is out of action until a new thermostat is in stock (fingers crossed tomorrow), i noticed the breville healthy fry was reduced by £60 in argos - making it £90 so its an early birthday pressie - and as AAleigha said - even if you only use it for chips its well woth the money.

I have roasted some new potatoes in it today - and I am going to do some fried chicken shortly

Went to sleep like a baby last night - but ended up tossing and turning from about 11:45 - finally fell alseep only to have a horrible dream where I was carrying my dying Nan running trying to get her to hospital to save her it was horrific

bloody R on my keyboad is playing up - I have to bash it

Met my friend this morning we had a lovely 1 1/4 hr walk and I am going toning tables at teatime

Wednesday 12 March 2013
B: Chocolate Slimfast & Banana = 336 cals
files
files

L
: Tomato & Chilli Soup, WW Petit Pain, Scape of butter = 181cals

D
: Homemade Chicken Nuggetts, Salad & Sweet Potato Chips, Coleslaw & Potato Salad = 462 cals
2013-03-13 18.36.07.jpg
Snacks:
5x hot water & lemon
500mls Coke Zero
4x Glasses water
Pink & White = 50
Asda Bakery Milk Chocolate cookie = 256
= 1,398 / 1,754 (incl.464 Exercise)

Exercise Alert:
75 min brisk walk = 464
70 mins toning bed
= 464 Cals

Last edited:
Hope you day is good the sun is out here so I am hoping that will help
I am off to the docs soon and will walk as a walk in the sun might be good for me

are you getting out and about today of is it a day in :)

meal looked lovely :)

Back