Donna's fighting depression and weight diary!

Had a lovely day yesterday - sadly weather was rubbish but it did mean we were home for dinner so didn't have to worry about eating out

So resisted all party food - us girls sat cross legged on the floor with carrot and cucumber batons - swapping tips and recipes (whilst the menfolk sat on chairs gorging on baguette and cake!)

Wore a cardi mum bought me for xmas yesterday - haven't worn it for a good few weeks - it swamps me - I can actually fit megan inside it with me!!!

Also and I might already have put this on here - I noticed when I went to Tesco on Friday that my belly was wobbling - i was disgusted until I realised that the roll underneath and the roll above it that kept it stabilised have disappeared - hopefully this last roll will be gone soon too!!!

Its a beautiful sunny morning here - apparently its supposed to stay dry (pls god!) - so once kids have tidied their bedrooms, I have straightened up and washing in on line I am going to grab kids and go for a lovely walk down to the park

I ate so well yesterday - was really proud of myself - was so shocked when I totalled up cals on mfp !!!

Saturday 13 April 2013
B: Beans on Toast = 363 Cals
cardinal syn - forgot to ask for toast not to be buttered - didn't really enjoy it - tasted odd having buttered toast with beans on top...waste of cals!
L:
2x Tea, Carrots, Cucumber = 101 cals
cucumber.jpgcarrot.jpg
D: Tuna Panini & Chips = 479 cals
tuna panini & chips.jpg
Snacks:
8x hot water & lemon
3x Tesco Light Choices Carrot Slice (delish!) = 285 cals
2x Freddo Frogs = 190 cals
Few McDonalds Chips (Noah's Happy Meal) = 60 cals
= 1,487/1,801 (511 Cals exercise)

Exercise Alert: 511 Cals burnt/earnt
60 mins toning tables = 274 cals
exerciselady.jpg

20 mins Leslie Sansone 1 mile Brisk Walk - 237 cals

Hey mrs,

don't worry to much about the gain. If you are sensible over the next few days I'm sure you can still blitz it. If you do reduce your cal intake, make sure it's not drastic so that you are still feeling satisfied.
And hey, if it's still a gain come Tuesday, it'll only be an itsy bitsy one and easy enough to work off for your next WI so don't panic!

Enjoy your Sunday :) & yaay for disappearing belly rolls!!

Been out for a very long 2hr 7 min walk with the kids - we walked to two parks - stopping at one so they didn't mind the extra long walk - when the kids were playing in the park I walked around the football & basketball pitches as the grass was waterlogged. We came home via Tesco the paths were waterlogged - our bottoms of our trousers got covered in mud - my feet and flip flops got so wet i had to dry them both on my green coat - needless to say - stripped at the door and put clothes straight into machine

just sat and had tuna & crabstick salad for lunch - it was delicious!

Not so sure about that H - I'm +4lb this morning ... don't know whether to eat fewer calories today and tomorrow before wi on Tues? any thoughts?
eat normally between now and weigh in - all that sugar and salt could easily mean fluid for 4lb or more

Been out for a very long 2hr 7 min walk with the kids - we walked to two parks - stopping at one so they didn't mind the extra long walk - when the kids were playing in the park I walked around the football & basketball pitches as the grass was waterlogged. We came home via Tesco the paths were waterlogged - our bottoms of our trousers got covered in mud - my feet and flip flops got so wet i had to dry them both on my green coat - needless to say - stripped at the door and put clothes straight into machine

just sat and had tuna & crabstick salad for lunch - it was delicious!
thought it only me who was stupid enought to wear fitflops in that sort of weather :):)

Forgot to say - i think i am probably going to have a period ... shock horror ... had my implant changed so I could be due one (sob sob!) this could explain the pain in my shins, the bloating and the +4

well that will account for the weight gain any way

BUT are you getting weighed anywhere or just weighing at home
if you are only weighing at home then dont weigh for one week IF you are going to be disappointed - there is no point in putting yourself on a downward smile - if you weigh elsewhere can you not just say I dont actually want to be weighed this week I would rather weigh next week - or alternativly just ask NOT to be shown your weight

however if the number on the scales wont upset you get on and weigh then see how quick it comes off :):)

eat normally between now and weigh in - all that sugar and salt could easily mean fluid for 4lb or more

thought it only me who was stupid enought to wear fitflops in that sort of weather :):)

well that will account for the weight gain any way

BUT are you getting weighed anywhere or just weighing at home
if you are only weighing at home then dont weigh for one week IF you are going to be disappointed - there is no point in putting yourself on a downward smile - if you weigh elsewhere can you not just say I dont actually want to be weighed this week I would rather weigh next week - or alternativly just ask NOT to be shown your weight

however if the number on the scales wont upset you get on and weigh then see how quick it comes off :):)
Will do - have had about 1300 cals I think today
I would wear flip flops all year round if I could get away with it!!
I weigh at home first thing Tuesday morning - I'm gonna weigh - if I gain I gain - constipated again - which obviously isn't going to help weight loss or bloated feeling

Aiming for an early night tonight (ie in bed before 11)

Sunday 14 April 2013
B: Yogurt & Banana = 226 Cals
banana and custard.jpg L: Chopped Salad, 5x Crabsticks, 1/2 tin Tuna, 1tbsp x light Mayo, S&P, Yogurt = 309 cals
tuna mayo crab stick salad.jpg
D: Lasagne, lambs lettuce, cherry toms = 471 cals
lasagne.jpg
lasagne and salad.jpg
Snacks:
4x hot water & lemon
3x Tesco Light Choices Carrot Slice (delish!) = 285 cals
= 1,291 /1,987 (696 Cals exercise)

Exercise Alert: 696 Cals burnt/earnt
2.5 mile leisurely walk = 127 hours = 696 cals
walking.jpg

Great food day for you by the looks!! Although crab sticks are one thing I could never get into haha.

right dont get nervous - you will be fine as for the holidays being over they all went back last week here so the streets were far more peaceful - but not a school times

have a lovely few days before going back to work - could you arrange with your doctor to go back part time for the first week and a half just to settle you back into the routine - might be worth a phone call to ask
H xx

Hi Donna,

You might find you enjoy getting back into a routine.

As aaleigha (sorry if spelt wrong!) said, you should ideally return on rehab hours. I think your employer should offer this, especially based on being away from work for so long and with depression as you have been.

Can you have a word with work and see if its an option? Are you in a trade union? If so they're often really good at giving you advice in these types of situation.

Am sure you will be absolutely fine, you may even enjoy it! xx

right dont get nervous - you will be fine as for the holidays being over they all went back last week here so the streets were far more peaceful - but not a school times

have a lovely few days before going back to work - could you arrange with your doctor to go back part time for the first week and a half just to settle you back into the routine - might be worth a phone call to ask
H xx

Hi Donna,

You might find you enjoy getting back into a routine.

As aaleigha (sorry if spelt wrong!) said, you should ideally return on rehab hours. I think your employer should offer this, especially based on being away from work for so long and with depression as you have been.

Can you have a word with work and see if its an option? Are you in a trade union? If so they're often really good at giving you advice in these types of situation.

Am sure you will be absolutely fine, you may even enjoy it! xx

Thank you both - I am def ready to go back to work mentally just getting nervy about facing people

I already have a phased return in place - although its a bit strange and I think i am going to struggle at week 3, its something like this (I work 9-5:15 Tues, Weds, Thurs) because although they say an hour lunch break - there isn't anywhere to go at lunch (I run a sheltered housing scheme and even if you put at lunch sign on the office door so you can eat your lunch in peace the tenants still knock, telephone, pull their emergency cords etc) so I will go from working 10.5 hrs to 18 hours - it seems a big jump but don't worry if its too much I will tell them and figure different hours with manager

Wk1 Tues & Thurs only 9-12
Wk2 Tues, Weds, Thurs 9-12:30
Wk3 Tues, Weds, Thurs - 9-3 incl 1 hour lunch (15 hours)
Wk4 Tues, Weds, Thurs - 9-4 incl 1 hour lunch (18 hours)
Wk5 Tues, Weds, Thurs - 9-5:15 - normal hours

Does that make sense? had a nightmare last night that i got to work and my manager morphed into a old manager of mine that was full of b/s and didn't care who she trampled on to get a promotion

Thank you both - I am def ready to go back to work mentally just getting nervy about facing people

I already have a phased return in place - although its a bit strange and I think i am going to struggle at week 3, its something like this (I work 9-5:15 Tues, Weds, Thurs) because although they say an hour lunch break - there isn't anywhere to go at lunch (I run a sheltered housing scheme and even if you put at lunch sign on the office door so you can eat your lunch in peace the tenants still knock, telephone, pull their emergency cords etc) so I will go from working 10.5 hrs to 18 hours - it seems a big jump but don't worry if its too much I will tell them and figure different hours with manager

Wk1 Tues & Thurs only 9-12
Wk2 Tues, Weds, Thurs 9-12:30
Wk3 Tues, Weds, Thurs - 9-3 incl 1 hour lunch (15 hours)
Wk4 Tues, Weds, Thurs - 9-4 incl 1 hour lunch (18 hours)
Wk5 Tues, Weds, Thurs - 9-5:15 - normal hours

Does that make sense? had a nightmare last night that i got to work and my manager morphed into a old manager of mine that was full of b/s and didn't care who she trampled on to get a promotion

Yeah this sounds really reasonable hun.

Am sure people will be fine. Probably over sympathetic which could do you in more! xx

Hey Donna, hope you enjoyed your weekend :) your food looks amazing!

Good luck with going back to work, you might enjoy getting back into routine, plus I bet loads people will notice your weight loss which might give you an extra boost. The hours look very reasonable so should make it a bit easier to settle back in. We all be thinking of you x
The weekend was lovely - so enjoyed the weather yesterday!
Work will be so inconvienient - I won't be able to log onto minimins so much - so I am going to have to be really super organised (meal wise), I work locally so I think I am going to leave my purse at home so I have to walk home every day and I am so going to need you guys in the eveningxxx

Back