Donna's fighting depression and weight diary!

Hey Donna, good luck for 5:2!!
Also for those that aren't familiar I do believe you eat what you like for 5 days a week and fast for 2 days, either completely or on fast days have upto 500 cals. My friend is doing it and that's how I understand it. Your two fasting days can't be two days in a row. However she just eat healthily on the other 5 days. Good luck everyone xx

so hows it going then - I want to say thanks for you comments elsewhere on my felting project :)

So I kinda teased you all by stopping by and then making a hasty retreat lol!

But I have had the best news ever but I don't want to talk about it on here - cos you never know who might read it but it has just kicked my depression into another lifetime...lets hope it stays away (although I am asking GP for an increase in meds on Tuesday)

I am coping with work - haven't had a great deal of the support that was promised - but my friend and colleague has been a rock and I have made sure that when I had my Review meeting with HR and Head of Dept last week they knew it. So I have options - I currently work 3 days 9-5:15 - this week my phased return ends and I am back to normal hours but I find it hard esp around 2-3pm, so I am considering working 9-3 instead, other changes are going on but I can't talk about them right now

I also had a simple procedure last week - bit yukky so won't talk about it - but that has really raised my spirits

HOwever, the bingeing, feeling low, fat and useless continues - hence the increase in meds - which if I am totally honest was always going to happen once I returned to work

I have no ideas of the Rules for 5:2 but this is how I am going to do it
5x 1,300 Cals (regardless of exercise)
2x 500 Cals (but there will be no exercise other than gentle walking on these days)

Any suggestions for the 500 cals day greatly appreciated

So I am ebaying today - trying to clear the house of junk and making a few extra pennies for holiday in 9 weeks time - yes 9 weeks, I am praying for a 3lb a loss week - which is almost a 2stone loss...

I HAVE TO STICK TO IT NOW BECAUSE I HAVE BOUGHT ALL MY NEWS CLOTHES IN SIZE 18/20 SO IF I DON'T DO IT I SHALL HAVE TO WALK AROUND NAKED FOR 2 WEEKS WITH ONLY A TOWEL TO SPARE MY BLUSHES!!

Please kick me hard up the rear end when you feel I need it

missed you all so much, gonna be hard to be on board as much as I used to be but I am giong to make it my mission to be here for 30 mins a day

really glad to have you back and sounding so positive = I was worried as you know
remember I am only a text away on the bad days and I and someone who TRUELY understands remember I am taking that particular journey with you = glad you will get an increase in meds :):)

Hiya sweetie! Your post definitely sounds really positive on the whole, so that's great news! I can't say tha I personally know how you're feeling regarding the depression, but all I can add is that we're all here for you babe xxx

Hi Donna,

Don't know if you remember me, we were SW minimins pals when I stuck to it before getting pregnant!
Sounds like you're on an up right now which is great!
I tried the 5:2 diet I think it's fab but I didn't get on with it. I can share with you what I ate on my fast days if you like?
I'm going to try and get back on slimming world. With a full time job and a toddler it's going to be rough so I'll need all the help I can get!
Hope your family's well x

Morning Donna
its beautiful here today - what are your plans - mine is an ikea trip then off to the kitchen for some cooking :)

Sarah our stats are very close and I do sw - so if you want some support just let me know with a visit to my diary and I will find yours in return

think Donna will vouch for me that I am not a stalker = even if I do text her when she does a disappearing act :):)

Morning Donna
its beautiful here today - what are your plans - mine is an ikea trip then off to the kitchen for some cooking :)

Sarah our stats are very close and I do sw - so if you want some support just let me know with a visit to my diary and I will find yours in return

think Donna will vouch for me that I am not a stalker = even if I do text her when she does a disappearing act :):)

Thanks hun that's really nice. I've done a big online shop for lots and lots of fruit plus stocked up on staples like alpen lights and mugshots as well as planned all my meals. What could possibly go wrong ;-)

at least I saw you on FB yesterday so I know you are ok
hope your BH monday is lovely I was up early enough to see the sunrise so I am hoping it will be nice all day

Morning Donna. Good to see you back again! :D

hi I have been reading your thread and thanks...

like you I suffer depression and its good to see others being open and honest.

my depression has got less and less as the weight came off and I have had to accept that being slim helps but is not the answer. the good thing about sw is that you have to actually answer the questions that you ignored for years. you have to admit when you need help... and most of all you can accept that you have good and bad days and that it is not the end.

Thanks again and keep getting better xx

Morning Darling
hope you had less washing this morning and that little one is getting better :)

Hey Donna, pleased to see you sounding so chipper. Good luck with the 5:2 - it sounds like a ball buster on those two days. My mini friend Hells does 5:2, she could give you some pointers - I will copy her link to you if you like.

What about trying good ole SW again? It worked for you last time...and the time before...?

What date is your holiday? We are going in around 9/10 weeks' time. I want to lose a stone - I had best crack on, or chop off a leg - not great options but I think I will choose the former!

x

Morning all - sorry I disappeared again - well lots has changed in a week!!!

1. I work in a team of 6 - on Weds we were informed that 3 of the team had taken Severence (like redundancy) and were leaving 48 hours later .... so loads of emergency meetings, re-writing of rotas etc, also other changes but i can't talk about them just yet but they will personally effect me I hope for the better

2. GP has increased my anti-ds to 225g per day as my bingeing and mood swings been intolerable and the bingeing really getting out of control

3. Week after next my working week will return to Monday, Tues, Weds on a temporary basis

4. Laptop died and unfixable but did manage to retrieve all my pics and calorie counting recipes (HOORAY!)

Lots of other stuff - sick kids, exhaustion, holiday looming

so need to get my arse into action...I have bought all my clothes in size 18/20 and although they fit I want to drop a stone and tone up think I have 7.5 weeks now so really need to get a move on

Am going to attempt my first 5:2 day tomorrow as I am home alone once Noah goes to school

Haven't got time to catch up as I have loads of ebay parcels to package up ready for posting tomorrow and Megan has a scan on her leg at hospital at 2:40

so better get my skates on ... catch up later

Back