Don't believe them!

slendablenda

Gold Member
There are a lot of people starting out and I see the same concerns we all had at the beginning.
A big one for me was the number of people who had never done LL but said
"You might lose weight quickly, but you'll put it all on again"
Not necessarily. For me the key was not thinking of it as a diet that would end when I reached my goal weight.
As with any way you chose to become slimmer - you have to adjust your eating/drinking patterns permanently.
I have been a size 10 for 18 months now.
Don't let people make you think it isn't possible.
Good luck everyone who's starting out.

Last edited:
Well I dont believe them, as that research paper (I posted the abstract) shows over 9 months you are still significantly less than those on conventional diets.

I think at 9 months it shows you dont pile it back on.

I am not even sure where peoples logic comes from in saying you'll just put it on. Seems like lack of knowledge of the programme, and how it changes your head as well as weight.

Of course some will put weight back on, but again horses for courses

good post SB, it is doable if you commitment to make changes forever x

too right sb! its about you! or me! its about what we want from it! its not a quick fix! its a commitment for life. its about changing our ways, habbits and patterns. anyone thats in it or any diet as a quick fix and nothing else has got the wrong idea.

Last edited:
Good on ya Slenda :clap:

As with any way you chose to become slimmer - you have to adjust your eating/drinking patterns permanently.

Exactly.

You know, I do view these types of diets as quick fixes, but what's wrong with that? It fixes (the weight anyway), it's quick. Since when has doing things the long way around become the most sensible?

If I want to get to scotland quick, I get a faster car. If I want to stay in scotland, I don't need the car anymore, but I need to be happy there. To make friends there. To be content in myself there, and find a way to stay there.

I get sick to the teeth of people quoting this new phrase "lifestyle choice" when it comes to dieting. The word 'diet' is so out of vogue at the moment :confused:

I get fed up with people saying "but you can't stay on it forever". Of course not. I didn't want to lose weight 'forever'. Just needed a tool to get me to that point so I could maintain 'forever'.

Whoops, bit of a rant there. Must do a seperate post on this one day...preferably in my own forum :D

Anyway, well done you. Fab going :clap:

KD, thats is exactly how I am treating this. spot on.

this "diet" is a stepping stone to where I want to physically be whilst I sort my mind.

I will not be on diets forever. I will become healthier. I will get a healthy BMI and I will not suffer with obesity related diseases like heart disease, thyroid, diabetes, like many in my family. Furthermore, I will break out and stay out.

SB, KD & all on the board, you all inspire me.

You know you are welcome to share your words of wisdom on here anytime KD.
Your thoughts are always valuable and valued.
I agree with the analogy of the faster car.
It was just that for me, having 12 stone to lose I would have lost the will to live if I'd chosen a slower method and I know I would not have been able to see it through.
What I love about Minimins is that we have so many people aiminmg for similar goals in so many different ways. It just proves there is no right or wrong.
Thanks everyone for your kind comments.
Have a good week. xx

Love the thread SB. I love it that every week everyone has lost and there doesnt seem to be very much plateaus. That is when I give up on a normal diet. Two or three weeks at the same weight when you know you have been good. That was when I headed straight for the chippy. Its like any other diet in the respect that if you get to goal and then believe you can go back to eating the way we did before joining LL and stay slim - then we are just deluding ourselves. Its got to be about healthy choices for life.

SB ive said this several times before but people like yourself, BL and DD and a few others are the people who have inspired us to carry on to goal :) and not let peoples opinions get in the way of us achieving goal :) and for that thank you :)

Such wise words as always SB :) and yes, the diet is a stepping stone to a new way of living, it is just a tool to get you there, it is not the answer, the answer will always be with YOU. I started LL in May last year, lost almost 6 stone and have been maintaining as a size 8 for 9 months now. The big difference is in my head and my eating habits.

LL was a godsend, it got me to a place I never thought I could go to, but it is me who keeps it that way.

Good Luck to all the new starters.

Jez
xx

Hi Jez
Thanks for the kind words. You are looking amazing. Its talkin to all the people that have been sucessful that keep me going. I dont think I could have done it without the support from this forum

This forum has been fantastic for me - sat at my desk on a night duty there comes a point in a 12 hour shift when I start thinking "what can I have" prior to LL I would have been popping down to the canteen and tucking into something naughty!

Now I sit at my desk during my breaks - drinking my water/eating a bar and reading through inspirational threads - helps me avoid the nightly takeaway runs and keeps me on the abstinent track :D

your right there AJB, I know its still early days for me but i honestly dont think id be feeling as positive as I am without this site and all the wonderful inspirational stories / people. Im so happy to have minimins

its true, my dips in will power coincide with lack of posts on here. Thanks girls for all your help and existing in the matrix to help me get through this

I'd be lost without Minimins!

People have said to me 'oh you'll put it all back on'...but for me it's never been a quick fix. I chose to do LL as I needed to lose the weight fast, i'd been on atkins for the past 2 years! The reason I want to lose the weight fast, is because I was getting so de-motivated with only losing a pound a week etc.etc. With LL I know i'll lose the weight, do RTM and learn how to eat properly, and being lighter i'll be able to get back into the gym which I used to really enjoy, until I got heavy! Then i'll maintain my weight through healthy eating and exercise (hopefully).

Slenda you are an inspiration! If you can do it, then hopefully so can I :)

hay just spotted your BMI Hanmac. nearly overweight.

I know that sounds terrible but going from obese as most of us our and all the health risks associated in to overweight is such an achievement. Before LL, I hoped that someday I would just be classed as overweight and not obese, thats how little faith I had in my body. now I cant wait to be at a helathy weight.

Also the ~14% loss. in 6 weeks. jaw-dropping.

I love seeing someone else start so excited, then see the losses and the changes and go through what I did as it reminds me of what I have done so far.

Thanks for being here han

hay just spotted your BMI Hanmac. nearly overweight.

I know that sounds terrible but going from obese as most of us our and all the health risks associated in to overweight is such an achievement. Before LL, I hoped that someday I would just be classed as overweight and not obese, thats how little faith I had in my body. now I cant wait to be at a helathy weight.

Also the ~14% loss. in 6 weeks. jaw-dropping.

I love seeing someone else start so excited, then see the losses and the changes and go through what I did as it reminds me of what I have done so far.

Thanks for being here han

Your message made me have a little cry FF, but in a good way! Just seeing what i've achieved written down by somebody else really made it hit home, and like you said I am so close to being overweight no obese anymore. And once I reach my target i'll actually be healthy which is just amazing and I can't wait.

And I love that while i'm doing this for myself, it's also helping other people and hopefully it provides a little bit of inspiration.

Thank you for being here too FF, you keep me going too.

I did'nt find this forum until I was just starting RTM so did not get the level of support you are all finding, I could have done with it at times. However, when I did find the forum it was great. I've now been maintaining for the last 8 months and still pop on here every few days for reminders and support.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can say I've maintained for a year and join the ranks of SB and BL....the kind of people who inspire people on here daily.

Hi Mort,
Thanks for saying that. I've just come back from LL Maintainers this evening.
I can't believe it's over19 months since I got to my goal weight.
I'm still loving every minute.
So glad to see you are still on track xxx

Back