Don't enjoy eating out as much

Maximus said:
Danke fuer die Blumen;) Es freut mich Dich zu hilfen:cool:

Please do enjoy your journey and your OWN plan. I won't say my way is the right way, but is is/was for me. I'd failed previously but then one day when people were dying all around me and I had a huge decision to make, I decided to do it properly and not half-heartedly.

Don't continuously deny yourself as that will only lead to resentment - and so begins the circle.

Best of luck with it all. If I can ever be of any help, (even just to mock my rudimentary German lol) just contact through the usual channels.

I happen to love Germany & Switzerland. Have visited everywhere from Geneva, Basle, Berne, Montreux, Zurich, Lausanne, Lucerne, Thun etc. The prettiest and most healthy country in Europe;) - although the food can be quite "loaded" - but hey, the air quality is second to none!

I wasn't mocking your German at all! I genuinely thought your comment rang true as asking for low fat food here is seen as crazy. I asked whether they could do a 'Magermilch latte macchiato', yes a mix of Italian and German but that's how it rolls here, and she replied that the diet milk she had could definitely not be heated so no... I settled for a black coffee LOL! Typical but good for the diet ;-). PS I live 15 mins from Lucerne but only moved here two years ago and so am still learning about Switzerland and the German (and not to mention the Swiss-German) language.

I'll happily ask for salad without dressing, sauce on the side etc... but worry if I'm too much bother they'll be nice to my face then do something to my food for being a nuiscance!

We go to crown carvery's for a carvery and just dont have the stuffing & yorkshire and limit the roast potatoes, the rest is ok, also if you go on their website there is a calorie count of all the food!

I find most places have a jd wetherspoon, and I happily eat the same meal there now, as I did pre SW, steak, jacket, salad ...sometimes I'll have skewered prawns, the only difference now 1) I generally drive
2) sneak in some laughing cows in my pocket instead of Mayo for my tattie

I find most places have a jd wetherspoon, and I happily eat the same meal there now, as I did pre SW, steak, jacket, salad ...sometimes I'll have skewered prawns, the only difference now 1) I generally drive
2) sneak in some laughing cows in my pocket instead of Mayo for my tattie

sneaking food into a restaurant, that made me laugh:8855:

I'm always sneaking salad dressing and ryvitas in to restaurants - hadn't thought of laughing cows - thanks for the tip ;-)

hi shrinki yes i did but was marred by worrying about putting weight on i only have to look at a cream cake to put 5lb on :eek: it's weigh in tonight so am keeping my fingers crossed that it's not too bad, usually i would not go tonight(would starve myself to try & get it off for following week, then when that didn't work would stop going :() but as i do the weighing i have to be there :rolleyes: xx

hi shrinki yes i did but was marred by worrying about putting weight on i only have to look at a cream cake to put 5lb on :eek: it's weigh in tonight so am keeping my fingers crossed that it's not too bad, usually i would not go tonight(would starve myself to try & get it off for following week, then when that didn't work would stop going :() but as i do the weighing i have to be there :rolleyes: xx
Well everything is reversible so even if you have gained, don't get disheartened, just get back on track and you will be fine. You have done such a wonderful job so far and are so close to target - never forget what you have achieved! I am also feeling apprehensive as I sneaked a look at the scales and it was showing a three pound gain which is just crazy as I have been on plan. The week before I ate well but had a few glasses of wine which I didn't count so maybe that has caught up with me:break_diet::cry:Also, I am ill at the moment with a cold so maybe that's messing my water levels up... Anyway, I know how you feel... We can do it! Xx

Well everything is reversible so even if you have gained, don't get disheartened, just get back on track and you will be fine. You have done such a wonderful job so far and are so close to target - never forget what you have achieved! I am also feeling apprehensive as I sneaked a look at the scales and it was showing a three pound gain which is just crazy as I have been on plan. The week before I ate well but had a few glasses of wine which I didn't count so maybe that has caught up with me:break_diet::cry:Also, I am ill at the moment with a cold so maybe that's messing my water levels up... Anyway, I know how you feel... We can do it! Xx

hi shrinki sts was well happy onward and upward, hope u soon feel better xx

yes I totally relate to the above posts from Maximum and OH - glad that I'm not the only control freak (mean that in an nice way) around...I think it is about control and that might not work for everyone but we all need to understand how our brains work around food and awareness is the first stage to understanding. I know that I was really kidding myself that because I was eating healthily which I basically was, all was OK. I did put the weight on because I just ate too much. SW is great because of the structure that I can follow. I too really don't enjoy eating out particularly as it is a big part of our lives. Its basically quite boring eating steamed fish, no butter, steamed veg, steamed potatoes or whatever - without all the sauces on that restaurants put on to add flavour frankly most of them are quite bland and tasteless - and sitting there watching the rest of the family tucking into chips, desserts, bread, wine, etc or whatever else they want - all growing teenagers who eat huge meals and are extremely slim! If I cooked the meals at home I could cook them and add flavour and know what was in them and would actually enjoy them rather than just looking at it as an exercise in deprivation.

A couple of restaurants here in Ireland have added SW meals to their menus. It is possible to have a full, three course dinner, syn free:bliss:

Wish I lived in Ireland! They are way ahead of the times good for them!! We need them in the UK without a doubt especially as SW is the largest slimming membership club here!

notokettlechips said:
Wish I lived in Ireland! They are way ahead of the times good for them!! We need them in the UK without a doubt especially as SW is the largest slimming membership club here!

I reckon there's definitely a market for a chain of restaurants that cooked good healthy meals and then syned them and worked out the points for WW and fat content for RC diet!

I dont find eating out that hard, not sure if it varies from where abouts you are from but up in the North no matter what place I go to they are fine if I ask for no butter, no oil, more veg, boiled pots, or even if they will cut fat off and boil my chicken etc. Also for mayo, cheese and dressings i ask for it in a side dish. Guess it just depends how "cheeky" you want to appear to the chef.

I ended up at slimming world because I would just go out and order, eat and drink what I wanted so now I dont mind so much asking for changes. Plus one treat wouldnt make that much difference if you added in an extra exercise session and skimped on syns for the week. Thats how I find it anyways I guess unfortunately everyone is different.

I WOULD LOVEEEE!! a slimming world endorsed chain of restaurants though because it does bug me when I go out and order something with syns and its not as tasty as something syn free that I can make. At the end of the day these guys are professional chefs so why cant they make tasty healthy food..... i wonder xxx

oooooo ps if your eating out near a weatherspoons they now do an awesome super free salad which is spinach, raw broccoli, raw green beans, butternut squash, pommygranate (or however its spelt) and you can add grilled chicken (i got boiled) and it was delicioussssss! x

Back