dont know if i can go on!!!!!

greentea

having a really hard time this week and although ive not lapsed yet im finding it harder and harder to fight the voices in my head.
ive been seriously thinking about giving it all up, i dont want to stop losing the weight but its just getting tougher resisting all the nice food around me at this time of year, especially as i work in retail and am ordering all that lovely food for others to enjoy.
im going to a party wearing a new dress and there will be alot of people there who have not seen me since well before i started the diet. fingers crossed there will be lots of strokes and that will get me through another week.:wave_cry:

Greentea from someone who has previously given up and has really regretted that decision I can only say please please don't do it! You have come so far, you're doing brilliantly and if you do give up you will regret it and I'd hate to think that you'd feel anything like what I felt.

This festive season is gonna be over in a few weeks, just keep on going and you'll soon be at the other side of it - I mean if you don't give up you could be a stone lighter whereas if you do you could well be a stone heavier.

It would be great at the beginning of January to look at your ticker and see 70lb lost 46lb to go xxxx

GT - stop and think for just a moment how happy your previous post was about what you have acheived.....and now you want to throw in the towel and throw that away!!?? Doesn't make sense... I know which feelings I would choose to hang on to!! ;) :)

Honey - its JUST food. Thats all. And it is not going anywhere. It will be there when you are done. I promise. ;)

Have a long look in the mirror, and ask you which route you want to take. Do you want to eat a bunch of unhealthy food for the sake of eating for a holiday - blow your diet and the FANTASTIC acheivement you have made by HARD work - just to tast a bit of stuff, and return to the unhappy place you must have been in that led you to LL, and return there feeling bad about yourself. ?

OR....

Is not the small sacrifice of a few months without tasting any of these things, which in the end will find you healthy, slim, happy, confident, energetic, floating in high self-esteem, and living the dream that those who choose answer 1 can only hope to realise??

It's a pretty easy way to get priorities in line.

As Katie said - it will ALL pass. And it will ALL be there another time. Ask youself why it feels so important for you to have it now, at the cost of al your blood, sweat nd tears as well as your rushes of hopeful optomism and wonderful feelings of your successes.

Come on girl - grab hold of those reins....if you want it, CHOOSE to do it. You can you know. ;) As the age old adage goes - If I can do it, ANYBODY can do it.

Chin up! Focus focus focus!!! And make the right decision. :)

<hugs>

xx

/strokes Greentea.

Hon, you KNOW that you will live longer as a thin person, that you will have extra christmassses, that you will be able to buy and eat food without guilt, that people will see YOU instead of your weight.

You KNOW that this is hard but you also know that there is something wonderful waiting at the end.

Stick with it, at the moment your mind is looking for an escape clause - please don't give it one - because in the next few months you'll be thin!

You poor thing, I know exactly how you feel, and like the other girls have said, dont throw it all away you have worked so hard, keep looking at small fasionable clothes and try to put the food out of your mind.

Good luck sweetheart xx

You can do this! you have done so well so far, don't throw the towel in now...honest it will be worth it.

I know all too well how you're feeling. I started in October and have only lost 20lbs. My mum was diagnosed with cancer last month and was since rushed into hospital. She's really sick and I'm having to spend everyday looking after her now, which has put a strain on my diet. I completely gave up the diet for 2 weeks, then decided if I didn't go back, then I never would. So, I plucked up all my courage and went, and thankfully I'd only put 1lb on.
My leader was nice but she did make me feel guilty for not being more stronger and sticking to it, so I left there promising to do better....and I haven't :cry:
I start out with good intentions every morning, but I don't seem to get 5 minutes to myself to drink all the water, or make up my shakes while I'm round my mums house. The whole thing is a massive strain and I just feel like such a failiure. I'm not sure I can go back to my meeting next week and face my leader :cry:

As everyone else has stated don't give up. Believe me I have been there and broke the diet and regretted it since and now trying desperately to get back on track. Just think about it when ya lose the weight and then ya will be thanking yourself for not breaking the diet.

thanks for your kind words everyone just having a bad pms week i think and this cold weather aint helping but im just taking each day as it comes, i know im half way but i guess im a glass half empty kind of girl x

Well now that you're actually more than half way you should flip yourself over and see glass half full!

Have you been to your party yet?

lol ill try the flip, went to a party on sat night, surrounded by lots and lots of lovely food but was so high with the compliments i didnt even look twice at it, i looked pretty hot even if i do say so myself

i can assure you that i really sympathise and i know what you mean with all the food around you , i am in the same boat and have been feeling the same in the kitchens at work , it is very very hard to resist but we can do it !!! you're doing great so keep it going , paul x .

What an emotional thread

Greentea - lovely to see the turn around and that you felt so good at the party. Let's hope that boost stays with you.
You can do it.

Lisa - so sorry about your Mum. It must be difficult to make time to focus on yourself, but I'm sure she wants you to be healthy, probably even more than ever now.
I'm sorry your LLC made you feel guilty. Our would have been supportive. Are you sure the guilt feelings didn't come from you? Have you written your thoughts down? What did the others in your group say?
LL means not having to take time shopping,preparing, eating meals and clearing up so hopefully you will have more time at the moment. Water is available everywhere, so make the effort. Use water flavourings if you need to.
Keep going if you can. Your life must go on and success will give you strength.
Good luck.

Notts Boy - lovely to see you supporting others. I know you have had a struggle lately.
That's what is so good about this forum. Everyone is so supportive to each other.:gen126:

GT - stop and think for just a moment how happy your previous post was about what you have acheived.....and now you want to throw in the towel and throw that away!!?? Doesn't make sense... I know which feelings I would choose to hang on to!! ;) :)

Honey - its JUST food. Thats all. And it is not going anywhere. It will be there when you are done. I promise. ;)

Have a long look in the mirror, and ask you which route you want to take. Do you want to eat a bunch of unhealthy food for the sake of eating for a holiday - blow your diet and the FANTASTIC acheivement you have made by HARD work - just to tast a bit of stuff, and return to the unhappy place you must have been in that led you to LL, and return there feeling bad about yourself. ?

OR....

Is not the small sacrifice of a few months without tasting any of these things, which in the end will find you healthy, slim, happy, confident, energetic, floating in high self-esteem, and living the dream that those who choose answer 1 can only hope to realise??

It's a pretty easy way to get priorities in line.

As Katie said - it will ALL pass. And it will ALL be there another time. Ask youself why it feels so important for you to have it now, at the cost of al your blood, sweat nd tears as well as your rushes of hopeful optomism and wonderful feelings of your successes.

Come on girl - grab hold of those reins....if you want it, CHOOSE to do it. You can you know. ;) As the age old adage goes - If I can do it, ANYBODY can do it.

Chin up! Focus focus focus!!! And make the right decision. :)

<hugs>

xx

Love this -- "Honey, it's JUST food" Gonna print it out and put it on my wall! Stick at it. I've been doing this for 22 weeks now and yes, my head is saying that's enough, eat some nice food now, but there is no way I am stopping now until I get to goal!

Love this -- "Honey, it's JUST food" Gonna print it out and put it on my wall! Stick at it. I've been doing this for 22 weeks now and yes, my head is saying that's enough, eat some nice food now, but there is no way I am stopping now until I get to goal!

Glad if it helps Frances.

The reason I said that, is after 37 weeks abstaining - my first week in RTM, and eating - it was so anti-climatic, I could not figure out what all the fuss was - "it's JUST food" is all I kept feeling.....it caught me well by surprise - but I found that all the build up for food is what went on in my head - not what went in my mouth.

Keep on keepin on - you are doind great!!

xx

Back