Dont know were to start

bex310788

Hi guys, I'm 25 and currently weigh 21st 13lbs and I am wanting to start some kind of exercise other than walking, I get quite a lot of hip pain and also have osteoarthritis in my left ankle due to an injury so I don't know what to start with :-/ would really appreciate any ideas

Hey Bex, just wanted to say you're totally awesome for starting to lose the weight and taking up walking. I would say swimming is the best low-impact exercise you could start with, for cardio and for strengthening, but I know a lot of people on here feel shy about going into a public pool. I did a couple of Aquafit sessions at our local pool which was fun as no one can see you under the water :D A lot of the others in the Aquafit group are quite overweight and everyone's at different levels, so I think it's quite a popular 'starter' class. There's lots of good yoga/pilates tutorials free on YouTube as well, I like the feeling of stretching my muscles without having to run around too much and being able to fall over in the privacy of my living room!

Had thought of swimming , use to go all the time but as I've got bigger I haven't been for over 6 years, I am looking on the Internet for a swimming costume that covers to of legs , lol. Thanks for the kind words :)

You can get them with skirt things on them. Or I have seen people with normal shorts on wth them

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah, had a look and there are a few nice ones to choose from :)

I had a swimsuit with a skirt on but it kept floating up and getting in the way :( I like the two piece costumes with shorts/ long tank-top type thing, as long as they're big enough to cover my belly :)

That's a good idea, will keep a look out :)

I have bought a swimming costume and a separate swim skirt and it doesn't look to bad

That's awesome that you're trying to get yourself moving! Sounds like swimming might be a fun way for you to do that. Turning on the music and dancing is a good way to get moving, too. Usually you won't make yourself do dance moves that your body can't handle so injuries aren't a problem. Good luck!

Swimming is going fab, at least 3 days a week and the other 3 I go to the gym with Saturdays off :)

Back