Don't know what to do!!!!

dazzler5

At the momentmy husband and i are both doing cd and it is day 6...we feel like we are being tortured lol lol but are worried that on a normal diet we would not lose very quickly he wants to lose 7 1/2 stone and i want to lose 11 stone...

Has anyone on here lost that much on ww... can it be done.. i have read what you are allowed and it looks so much more family friendly and less severe than cd... we are really struggling... any help or advice will be gladly appreiciated!!!

Hi Dazzler
Welcome it is possible to lose that much weight hun you have to stick to the plan but it might take you a long time if you have got alot to lose but it does not matter how much you have to lose as long as you are losing you dont want to lose it quick as it is not the right way to do it ww says 1 to 2lbs a week is a healthy weightloss .
Good luck
With what you decide

Hi dazzler

WW is definitely an option! Ive lost 80lbs in 6 months on it :)

I have a Chinese take away once a week, have been out for numerous meals with family and friends, generally just lived life as normal. It was several months before anyone even realised I was on a diet.

My weight losses are higher than WW say you can expect to lose, possibly because I have so much to lose, I dont know. Ive lost an average of a stone a month but as I said thats not what WW expect you to lose.

The losses ARE slower than CD, but theyre steady and you dont feel in any way deprived or cheated :)

The other advantage is I feel being on WW has totally re educated me with my eating habits and patterns

Its definitely worth considering... I love it :)

Hi dazzler

When you have quite a bit to lose and stick to the diet 100% then there is no reason why you cant lose 1 stone approx a month like starlight has, she has stuck to it 100% since starting so it is achievable.

As you get further into it to it you will probably find that the losses tail off and you dont lose as much but it is still worth a good shot. You can eat what you like when you like as long as you stay within your point.

Good luck with whichever you decide and you will find plenty of friendly advice and people to chat to on minimins when ever you feel you want to......

Good luck and let us know what you decide...xx

Decision made!!!

Thank you all so much for the advice and support...felt like such a failure....but cd for me is like torture...andy and i have never been so unhappy,irritable and ill and it has really disrupted the family life!!!

We are going to give ww a try...we are still determined to lose weight and know that this is a plan that has lots of variety that will fit in with the whole family :)

Have got to tell the cdc :( Andy lost 15lb's this week and i lost 8lb's but even for that we don't feel it was worth it!!!

Feel happy i have made a decision but am also ashamed i don't have the willpower to do cd........

Arrrrhhhhhh Dazzler I think you will find that everyone on this forum will agree that there is nothing to feel ashamed about. Some diets suit some people more than others.

You have made the decision to lose weight and that is the hardest part, now all you have to do is find the diet that is right for you and Hubby and go for it. As I said before we are all here to help if we can and if it is needed.......

Hope to see how you get on on your journey and Good luck, keep us informed....xx

There is absolutely no shame in deciding CD (or any diet) isnt for you. When I started back in January I wished I could have done CD for the fantastic losses you get with it. Like you though I realised it wouldnt work for me, theres no way I could take food totally out the equation.

Thats what I love about WW, you can still eat 'normally' and lose weight. Plus you have the advantage of re educating yourself food wise, which will hopefully help keep the weight off.

The most important thing is finding a diet which works for you and sticking to it.

Dont worry about your CDC Im sure youre not the first person, nor will you be the last to decide CD isnt for you.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with WW :)

Back